• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_L8Knight

Private
1 Badges
Jan 11, 2019
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.7 is now available! The main areas of improvement are issues identified by the community, AI, combat performance improvements, and map graphics. We have also improved gameplay difficulty balance in the Kamea campaign and addressed many minor glitches.

Release 1.7 Notes, 9/10/2019

From the Community
  • Fixed a formatting problem with the json for the PNT-9R
  • Updated the Hatchetman HCT-3X faction so that it is part of more lore relevant enemy lances
  • Fixed an issue where the ‘Double Agent’ Flashpoint awarded the wrong faction reputation
  • The Packrat now moves as a light wheeled vehicle
  • Stock lances in skirmish mode are no longer duplicated in the dropdown when the budget is unlimited
  • Several libraries for Ubuntu Linux users are now installed along with the game by default
AI
  • Improved AI’s ability to avoid a potential ECM exploit
  • ECM carriers will now work harder at keeping their allies cloaked
  • Further pathing fixes for several missions where the AI could become stuck
  • Updated lance role tags for a number of ‘Mechs (such as “tank”, “sniper”, “scout”, etc.)
Combat Performance Improvements
  • Particle system optimization
  • UI rendering optimization
Map Graphics
  • Many small map polish fixes - closing seams, grounding assets, clipping corrections, etc.
UI
  • Fixed a bug where an event may reference a random star system rather than the currently orbited one
Other
  • Re-balanced the Attack/Defend encounter type
  • Fixed many small grammar and translation errors
  • Improvements to missile trajectories
  • Balance adjustments to the Kamea story campaign:
    • Lowered mechwarrior hiring cost
    • Increased payout in c-bills for contracts
    • Increased base salvage for contracts
    • Increased the frequency of non-weapon rare items in salvage
    • Increased the starting cbills from 980k to 1000k
    • Increased the starting morale from 25 to 28
    • Increased MechWarrior XP per mission from 400 to 500
    • Updated difficulty settings to match new defaults
  • Fixed an issue where certain sounds on Urban maps would persist after save/load
  • Fixed an issue where player ‘Mechs could not melee units cloaked within an ECM field
  • The 'White Lies' Flashpoint is now available during career mode as well as after completing the campaign
  • Fixed an issue where buildings could collapse while they still had health
  • Fixed the contract results page for the ‘Hearts and Minds’ Flashpoint with the correct objectives
  • Fixed an issue where ally defense turrets would not turn on in Attack and Defend - Retaliation contracts
  • Fixed an issue where attacks would pass through buildings without causing stray shot damage
  • Gyro+++ component gameplay effects can no longer be stacked
  • Fixed an issue where Pre and Post mission autosaves would not properly generate for procedural contracts when any Flashpoint was active
Known Issues
  • Small amounts of text remain untranslated
  • The game does not always enter turn-based mode when hostiles drop in

IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files…Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

Roll Back
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Last edited:
Could we possibly get a list of what exactly has been done to rebalance Attack and Defend contracts? It's great that HBS has taken a look at them, but it would be nice to know exactly what's been changed.

Great list of changes. The problem with ECM was that if you used the reserve exploit it was too strong, but if you didn't it was too weak. So while much better I'm not sure this is a full solution to the problem of a mechanic that just wasn't that fun.

nice... but was there anything done to improve the stability of multiplayer? is it worth to give it another try? I mean... its a bit pointless if you cannot finish a match because of connection losses.

Very excited - downloading now :)

well all right then .. just re-borked my mods darnit.. Ah well it was gonna happen anyway eventually. SO hopefully with this patch done it's all mostly set up for Heavy Metal. the next DLC.
WHooHoo!

ah patch done.. 5 gig and change eh?

And what is MonoBleedingEdge ? It's this new subfolder.. and then UnityCrashHandler64 along with the UnityPlayer.dll and WinPixEventRuntime.dll are in the root game directory and these are new.

When ya add software really you should tell about it. Like what it is and what it does. It's the polite thing to do.

Last edited:
well all right then .. just re-borked my mods darnit.. Ah well it was gonna happen anyway eventually. SO hopefully with this patch done it's all mostly set up for Heavy Metal. the next DLC.
WHooHoo!

And what is MonoBleedingEdge ? It's this new subfolder.. and then UnityCrashHandler64 along with the UnityPlayer.dll and WinPixEventRuntime.dll are in the root game directory and these are new.

When ya add software really you should tell about it. Like what it is and what it does. It's the polite thing to do.

That the official word for it? I just discovered the game a few months ago and finished off the vanilla campaign. Found out about Mods and after a few tries, got the 3025 Commander Edition up and running yesterday so I could play a little deeper and have fun with the Galaxy at War stuff (and additional mechs). Got a whole two missions in, went to bed then work and came home to find an update.

Thing doesn't work now. I uninstalled, deleted Mods folder... reinstalled, uploaded the Asset Bundle and the 3025 Commander edition into the folder and then (tried) to run the Modtex Injector file but it seems to just open a dos window for about a 1/2 second then flip it closed. Modtek then never starts. The game will start though and I can still play vanilla but I was really looking forward to the Commander edition... *sigh*

Anyone else struggling here? Any suggestions? The patch sounds really cool but it would be even cooler to combine it with some of the other stuff. Maybe?

Excellent!

I can’t wait to test it out tonight. :bow:

nice... but was there anything done to improve the stability of multiplayer? is it worth to give it another try? I mean... its a bit pointless if you cannot finish a match because of connection losses.
In about an hour I’ll be available to test out BATTLETECH Multiplayer if you have the time and oppprtunity. Either way, good luck and good gaming! : )

That the official word for it? I just discovered the game a few months ago and finished off the vanilla campaign. Found out about Mods and after a few tries, got the 3025 Commander Edition up and running yesterday so I could play a little deeper and have fun with the Galaxy at War stuff (and additional mechs). Got a whole two missions in, went to bed then work and came home to find an update.

Thing doesn't work now. I uninstalled, deleted Mods folder... reinstalled, uploaded the Asset Bundle and the 3025 Commander edition into the folder and then (tried) to run the Modtex Injector file but it seems to just open a dos window for about a 1/2 second then flip it closed. Modtek then never starts. The game will start though and I can still play vanilla but I was really looking forward to the Commander edition... *sigh*

Anyone else struggling here? Any suggestions? The patch sounds really cool but it would be even cooler to combine it with some of the other stuff. Maybe?
Please take mod issues to the modding forum, thanks.

WHooHoo!

Looks like the core Unity engine got an update in the game or is being prepped for update. So not adding, just changing/updating.

Did they fix the opening menu UI so you can delete extraneous Career save games as easily as you can campaign saves? It's an extremely annoying bug that's been around since the Flash Point update after all, and it should be a simple fix. Can't believe they've left it in as long as they have!

Hi. Some people on Steam forum reported that they are getting crash on mission loading screen (the one with planet and Leopard). I also had 3 crashes in a row at the same point yesterday. Are the devs aware of this issue?

The game seemed to run more smoothly though. But my memory monitor do confirm that memory leak problem is still not fixed.