• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi. Some people on Steam forum reported that they are getting crash on mission loading screen (the one with planet and Leopard). I also had 3 crashes in a row at the same point yesterday. Are the devs aware of this issue?

The game seemed to run more smoothly though. But my memory monitor do confirm that memory leak problem is still not fixed.
Hi Bushwacker84
Please report bugs and crashes in the bug reports forum section. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech-bug-reports.998/

Note it appears the output_log.txt save location has changed in windows and is now found here: [Drive]:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH

Interesting. The voices from your crew when you switch around to different locations on the Argo is different. Like it's a straight sound file with no affects like echo or such. Intentional?

I'm also noticing new fonts used for weight and cost in the mech bay.

"Known Issues
The game does not always enter turn-based mode when hostiles drop in"

- that was the one thing I was hoping they would fix this time around...THE ONE THING!!!!

I can't play my campaign, steam works fine but the playing through the paradox launcher it says I need flashpoint which I have but it won't recognize it! Anyone know how to correct that?
Thanks in advance!

I can't play my campaign, steam works fine but the playing through the paradox launcher it says I need flashpoint which I have but it won't recognize it! Anyone know how to correct that?
Thanks in advance!
Hi Regulator905
Please report your issue in the bug reports forum section. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech-bug-reports.998/

Note it appears the output_log.txt save location has changed in windows and is now found here: [Drive]:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH

Thanks in advance!
We're already helping you with this in a Zendesk ticket. Please don't report the same issue by multiple channels, thank you.

Just out of curiousity, did this patch happen to add multithreading to the engine? Or was it always there? I don't think I had ever noticed CPU load going over 100% before, but it's sitting at 160% now indicating it's using multiple cores.

Just out of curiousity, did this patch happen to add multithreading to the engine? Or was it always there? I don't think I had ever noticed CPU load going over 100% before, but it's sitting at 160% now indicating it's using multiple cores.
There was a unity engine update. pretty sure unity was already multithreaded in the previous unity version. it's possible how this is handled has changed in the new version though.

Interesting. The voices from your crew when you switch around to different locations on the Argo is different. Like it's a straight sound file with no affects like echo or such. Intentional?

I'm also noticing new fonts used for weight and cost in the mech bay.

You get sound? Interesting. I no longer hear the Argo voices or the MW Pilots during battle chatter (yes, I have the MW Chatter dialogue button checked/squared). Hmmm... maybe it's a sound configuration on my end again...just coincidentally happened during the update? This is a campaign save too.

Wow!

I never see the CPU usage go above 50% when playing BT...got a lowly i7-4770K. On my R5-2600 it hovers around 25% usage....that's with several mods too. The i7 is virgin....

Wow!

I never see the CPU usage go above 50% when playing BT...got a lowly i7-4770K. On my R5-2600 it hovers around 25% usage....that's with several mods too. The i7 is virgin....

To be honest I had not seen it hit 100% very often either prior to 1.7 and usually well below it.
My machine however is a base model 2019 macBook Pro 13, so it's a 4 core i5 (Intel onboard graphics as well), it's an interesting beast though, when it's single core it's boosting up to 3.9 GHz, but base is only 1.4 GHz. I suspect prior to 1.7 it was using a single boosted core and has now switched to something closer to base but multithreaded instead, the game plays pretty much the same as previously, likewise fans etc... are not working any harder so it isn't throwing loads more power at it or anything, however there is an improvement in transitions in the sim game after 1.7.

To be honest I had not seen it hit 100% very often either prior to 1.7 and usually well below it.
My machine however is a base model 2019 macBook Pro 13, so it's a 4 core i5 (Intel onboard graphics as well), it's an interesting beast though, when it's single core it's boosting up to 3.9 GHz, but base is only 1.4 GHz. I suspect prior to 1.7 it was using a single boosted core and has now switched to something closer to base but multithreaded instead, the game plays pretty much the same as previously, likewise fans etc... are not working any harder so it isn't throwing loads more power at it or anything, however there is an improvement in transitions in the sim game after 1.7.

Yes! I've noticed the transitions are noticeably faster. They move very quick now. Almost too fast. Only thing odd is that I get no voices - but that happened once before and I think it's my audio setup. Just got to remember how it does that.

I've found the BT engine not to be that power or processor hungry (save minor bugs) or GPU intensive really. I ran it on my lowly 280X and AMD FX 8150 and it ran spiffy and speedy really. It wasn't until 1.6 that any speed issues (for myself) have cropped up. In fact it runs so well that I've just not hooked up my 2nd 1080 in the i7 machine cause I'm just too lazy. :-D

Yes! I've noticed the transitions are noticeably faster. They move very quick now. Almost too fast. Only thing odd is that I get no voices - but that happened once before and I think it's my audio setup. Just got to remember how it does that.

I've found the BT engine not to be that power or processor hungry (save minor bugs) or GPU intensive really. I ran it on my lowly 280X and AMD FX 8150 and it ran spiffy and speedy really. It wasn't until 1.6 that any speed issues (for myself) have cropped up. In fact it runs so well that I've just not hooked up my 2nd 1080 in the i7 machine cause I'm just too lazy. :-D

Most of the post 1.6 crashes people reported especially during post missions appeared to be audio related, at least the logs seemed to show this (I had a Windows machine prior and experienced this a few times), maybe they have implemented a sledgehammer fix to just stop certain audio if it looks likely to cause issues. :)

I don't have any of these issues now I am back on macOS, the game just runs better there, which is bloody lucky because Apple charge a fortune for pretty mediocre hardware!