• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_Comanche

Sergeant
1 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.7.1 is now available for users on Steam and GoG. Other platforms will release as soon as possible. This hot fix addresses a single issue which affected the randomization of enemy lances, Hiring Hall MechWarriors, and other groupings that used the shuffle algorithm.

Release 1.7.1 Notes, 9/23/2019

From the Community
  • Fixed an issue with randomization which caused all enemy lances to be composed mostly of 'Mechs in alphabetical order

IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files…Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

Roll Back

It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Excellent and timely Hot Fix. Thank you HBS. :bow:

Many thanks for the quick fix!!!

Ahhm that explains why half of my Argo's storage space is Atlases now, without having seen a King Crab in ages.

"Fixed an issue with randomization which caused all enemy lances to be composed mostly of 'Mechs in alphabetical order"
Ooo-kay. That explains the all Archer, Atlas and Awesome lances... I wondered why no one was fielding Zeus' anymore...

;)

"Fixed an issue with randomization which caused all enemy lances to be composed mostly of 'Mechs in alphabetical order"
Ooo-kay. That explains the all Archer, Atlas and Awesome lances... I wondered why no one was fielding Zeus' anymore...

;)
Archer... :’(

The real question is when will modding be officially supported?

The real question is when will modding be officially supported?
Never is sadly the answer to that question.

Update 25/09/19
One should never say never and I could be wrong (shocker, I know :p)! I'll let HBS give an official comment on this since I'm not part of the development team ;).

Last edited:
If it's truly never, then that's sad indeed.

never goes against "...in success all things are possible.."

never goes against "...in success all things are possible.."
While that was nice and appropriate to the times, honesty and certitude is always appreciated and in this day and age, rare enough. :bow: