• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All right, several hour later..

Paradox Launcher is installing the DLC's.. everything is working... more or less ok. Haven't spotted anything to major though the last 5 to 10% of the game install was most of a 2 hour wait for unknown reasons. Still no indication on the game main menu splash screen of DLC's installed.

Imma fall over and go to sleep now.. didn't get to start playing until about 9pm my time many hours after the update/install was started. It's 2:30 am now.. One mission into through the prototype flash point with a couple Griffin's, a Vindicator and a Blackjack. One Grif configured as a LRM boat, the other as a SRM boat. Vindy and BJ are stock.

the Paradox install will be my baseline vanilla install.. and Imma mod the crap out of my steam install..

Not exactly a painless install, and overly time consuming. The steam update however went very fast. Color me puzzled as to why the install experience was so poor with the paradox launcher.

Cordially

TLRoff

GAH!
while i truly appreciate the hard work quick response ( in game dev time ) i just got my game working right and this little patch done broke things.

PLEASE...i know this is something that is always being discussed in your office....but please can we get official support for modding?

ok i am a bit confused about those that respectfully disagree with this statement....:confused:

do you disagree with me appreciating the devs hard work and quick response time in getting another patch out so soon?

do you disagree that the patch broke MY game...never said it broke anyone elses just MINE.

or is it you disagree with me asking for official mod support?

i respectfully ask for clarification please.:confused:

ok i am a bit confused about those that respectfully disagree with this statement....:confused:

do you disagree with me appreciating the devs hard work and quick response time in getting another patch out so soon?

do you disagree that the patch broke MY game...never said it broke anyone elses just MINE.

I didn't "respectfully disagree" nor did I "agree" either.

But if I was to hazard a guess, I would think that those that did disagree with you were doing so about the "support modding" comment. 'Cause I highly doubt anyone would disagree with the appreciating of the devs hard work/response times. :)

From my understanding of things, there's a lot of background work that goes into officially supporting modding. So, i'm thinking that, and agree with, that that time and effort would be better served focused on the actual game and making it the best it can be instead of dividing their focus and trying to support two different things.

As the lord commander says, "Focus equals quality" and I'm thinking that having that focus split can, and will, affect the quality.

Besides from what I can gather, there are those within HBS that, on their own time, try and help out the modding community. So while there is no "official" support there is some support.

From having fired up Mech Designer, since that's the fastest way to check - nope! Got both error messages, so still can't do anything with the Panther, and stuff like Base Heat Dissipation and Overheat Thresholds aren't working.
[Mod edit: Please refrain from disparaging the Devs]
Well mate, will include the corrected files in my Mech Designer download thread then.

EDIT:
Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far this update:
  • increases launch time of game
  • increases load time of saved games
  • increases launch time of missions
  • stutters during missions
  • sound distorted
  • sound missing
  • sound glitching/repeating
I'm going to call this one a fail. Time for a hotfix or option to roll back...

Option to roll back is in the OP.

The frequent updates are nice to see, that is HBS keeping their Kickstarter promises after all. I was finally able to purchase the Urban expac and I will continue to support HBS so we hopefully will see the game advance into the 4th Succession War and beyond in the years to come. My only criticism is that this forum and website seem far less personal that the old HBS forums and I really would like to see more energy put into pitching the upcoming xpacs, like maybe a DFA episode that deals with the content in the expac and a dev vid or two. If it is just an issue with HBS not have enough people to spare to take people away from development and ptich the expacs, then I get it, but isn't that why you partnered with Paradox in the first place? Really if I fire up a Youtube video I get endless adds for games that I have just looked at their website once, but I have never seen an add for BATTLETECH. I guess I just worry that this game might not have the lifespan that I want it to have and I am sure the Devs worry about that even more since this game helps to pay their bills.

Some people are just (respectfully) disagreeable.

Restoration is still showing as the Directorate.

You guys with career score woes try rolling back to the previous patch until you complete the career?

I was just going to start another game and check in occasionally to see if it was fixed :p

Is there a guide on how to roll back the patch? I'm using Steam on a Mac if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Jeeze, it's right there in the original post, my bad.

EDIT 2: That... Uninstalled Urban Warfare :-/ Well, back to my original plan, I guess!

Last edited:
The score modifier is a result of the implemented balance change as the modifiers are newly added.

I don't know that there is a non-modding "fix" which is why I suggested that for those already significantly into an existing career.

I suppose we'll see.

my game is still crashing hard, and it never did this until urban warfare... it's really damn annoying to get to the end of the FP, and complete the mission, only for the game to crash before actually saving your progress 5 times in a row.