• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_L8Knight

Private
1 Badges
Jan 11, 2019
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.5! This release is focused on delivering more quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes. We have resolved several stability issues as well as some nasty bugs that, under certain circumstances, could cause file corruption.

For more behind-the-scenes information check out the Dev Diary from Mitch Gitelman, our Game Director and co-founder at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-diary-10-spinning-plates.1155666/

Please enjoy our latest BATTLETECH update!

-- HBS

IMPORTANT: As an ongoing note for players who mod various game files… modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

If you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Highlights
  • File corruption issues have been addressed and force quitting during shutdown will no longer potentially cause multiple issues, including the loss of contracts in the command center.
  • Mac users should now be unblocked if their volume of save files becomes large.
  • We've reduced some delays for MechWarrior combat VOs and camera moves to speed the pace of combat.

Bugfixes
  • Fixed an issue where the user could become stuck if none of the user’s remaining ‘Mechs were operational or all of the user’s MechWarriors were injured. The issue occurred in Flashpoints with consecutive deployment missions and in consecutive deployment late in the story campaign playthrough.
  • Fixed an issue where some missions could not be completed when an enemy 'Mech failed to load.
  • Unit Flags are now properly deleted on unit destruction.
  • Multiplayer no longer desyncs each round if the host and guest use different decimal separators based on language.
  • Enemy 'Mechs no longer get shut down after using JumpJets when being deployed in specific Capture Base contracts.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: LRM variants stability damage has been corrected.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Trebuchet TBT-5N now has correct max armor for the Center Torso.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Zeus ZEU-6S now has the correct number of max Jump Jets.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Atlas AS7-D AC/20 ammo is now correctly located in the right torso instead of in the legs. It should now be more difficult to get a knockdown or incapacitate the Atlas.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: ER-PPC's now properly have sensor degradation effects.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Crab CRB-27 is no longer slower than intended.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: The BL-6-KNT's PPC no longer appears in the wrong location on its right arm.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Atlas AS7-D and AS7-D-HT Center Torso internal structure and max armor values are no longer off by 5.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Several PVP MechWarriors are no longer missing traits.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: The weapon mounts for the head location on the Crab no longer appear incorrectly.
  • Destroyed enemy units no longer become targetable after loading a combat save.
  • The store icon on the star map now displays properly after becoming an ally with Magistracy Of Canopus or Taurian Concordat.
  • Store prices in the Black Market are now affected by your reputation with the Pirates faction. The System owner's reputation price modifier is no longer applied.
  • Achievement - "I Thought You Were Dead" can now be obtained, however it is not granted retroactively.
  • Achievement - "Professional Scavenger" can now be obtained, however it is not granted retroactively.
  • Vehicle nameplates no longer remain visible if destroyed with a single attack.
  • Fixed two issues that might cause a softlock to occur during the story campaign.
  • Many issues relating to the Big Steel Claw have been resolved.
  • An event involving antivirals now works properly.
  • Numerous localization issues have been cleaned up or resolved.

Known Issues
  • An audio related crash is being heavily investigated. The fix for this will be shared with the community as soon as it is ready.
  • On rare occasions, a small amount of partly unlocalized mission objective text may appear in localized versions of the game.
  • Custom Mechwarrior callsigns and ‘Mech names may appear localized if the custom name is a word that is already used elsewhere in the game.

Roll Back

It is possible to change to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

Very exciting news :)

Appreciate all the fixes!

Good luck with the move!!!!

This patch is looking great (also lol'd @ a full Commando now costing me 255 millions C-Bills in the Black Market), honestly now the one big change I'd still like to see is to make sure that every active faction in a system gives you at least one mission when you arrive for the first time. Otherwise you can easily spend 75+ in-game days doing literally nothing in late Career mode (e.g. you're allied with Taurians, go to a 4 skulls Taurian world and there are only 5 Federated Suns contracts that you can't take) and that's frustrating since it's down to random rolls.

Looking good !!! :) 1.4 was bugged for me !.5 seems to have cleared everything up.
Deleted all my old saves and started a clean new Career. Two missions in and not a glitch so far. Here's hoping stays that way.

Hmm, a bit high Black Market prices if you are low on rep with pirates but bought yourself into Black Market ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    70,5 KB · Views: 386
ya expected black market prices to go up...but damn.
no need to buy into it then if ya plan to ally with anyone

Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.5! This release is focused on delivering more quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes. We have resolved several stability issues as well as some nasty bugs that, under certain circumstances, could cause file corruption.

For more behind-the-scenes information check out the Dev Diary from Mitch Gitelman, our Game Director and co-founder at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-diary-10-spinning-plates.1155666/

Please enjoy our latest BATTLETECH update!

-- HBS

IMPORTANT: As an ongoing note for players who mod various game files… modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

If you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Highlights
  • File corruption issues have been addressed and force quitting during shutdown will no longer potentially cause multiple issues, including the loss of contracts in the command center.
  • Mac users should now be unblocked if their volume of save files becomes large.
  • We've reduced some delays for MechWarrior combat VOs and camera moves to speed the pace of combat.

Bugfixes
  • Fixed an issue where the user could become stuck if none of the user’s remaining ‘Mechs were operational or all of the user’s MechWarriors were injured. The issue occurred in Flashpoints with consecutive deployment missions and in consecutive deployment late in the story campaign playthrough.
  • Fixed an issue where some missions could not be completed when an enemy 'Mech failed to load.
  • Unit Flags are now properly deleted on unit destruction.
  • Multiplayer no longer desyncs each round if the host and guest use different decimal separators based on language.
  • Enemy 'Mechs no longer get shut down after using JumpJets when being deployed in specific Capture Base contracts.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: LRM variants stability damage has been corrected.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Trebuchet TBT-5N now has correct max armor for the Center Torso.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Zeus ZEU-6S now has the correct number of max Jump Jets.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Atlas AS7-D AC/20 ammo is now correctly located in the right torso instead of in the legs. It should now be more difficult to get a knockdown or incapacitate the Atlas.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: ER-PPC's now properly have sensor degradation effects.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Crab CRB-27 is no longer slower than intended.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: The BL-6-KNT's PPC no longer appears in the wrong location on its right arm.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Atlas AS7-D and AS7-D-HT Center Torso internal structure and max armor values are no longer off by 5.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: Several PVP MechWarriors are no longer missing traits.
  • COMMUNITY REPORTED: The weapon mounts for the head location on the Crab no longer appear incorrectly.
  • Destroyed enemy units no longer become targetable after loading a combat save.
  • The store icon on the star map now displays properly after becoming an ally with Magistracy Of Canopus or Taurian Concordat.
  • Store prices in the Black Market are now affected by your reputation with the Pirates faction. The System owner's reputation price modifier is no longer applied.
  • Achievement - "I Thought You Were Dead" can now be obtained, however it is not granted retroactively.
  • Achievement - "Professional Scavenger" can now be obtained, however it is not granted retroactively.
  • Vehicle nameplates no longer remain visible if destroyed with a single attack.
  • Fixed two issues that might cause a softlock to occur during the story campaign.
  • Many issues relating to the Big Steel Claw have been resolved.
  • An event involving antivirals now works properly.
  • Numerous localization issues have been cleaned up or resolved.

Known Issues
  • An audio related crash is being heavily investigated. The fix for this will be shared with the community as soon as it is ready.
  • On rare occasions, a small amount of partly unlocalized mission objective text may appear in localized versions of the game.
  • Custom Mechwarrior callsigns and ‘Mech names may appear localized if the custom name is a word that is already used elsewhere in the game.

Roll Back

It is possible to change to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

Dear @HBS_L8Knight, thanks very much to all HBS for this new patch: I appreciate very much all the quality-of-life- & bug-fixes implemented - last but not least Black markets’ prices being finally pirate-reputation-driven instead of local-system-reputation-driven.

However, as other users have already highlighted, I think that now the price increase penalty should be addressed too, as right now being hated by pirates mean incurring an actual 10000% price increase, ie a hundred-fold price increase to any item on sale, which seems quite outreageously high IMHO.

If such effect is indeed working as intended instead of being a typo (ie a much more realistic, if already quite punishing 100% price increase), why should I even thinking a millisecond about accepting or rejecting the exorbitant 2.5 millions C-bills fee For continued access to the Black market, then, instead of laughing out loudly to their proposal, and reject it forever and ever?

Wouldn’t a 100% price increase be already enough for Pirates to show me how are they displeased to having to do business with my Outfit and me? Even more so when looking at the Loathed reputation’ 50% price increase, IIRC?

Last edited:
However, as other users have already highlighted, I think that now the price increase penalty should be addressed too, as right now being hated by pirates mean incurring an actual 10000% price increase, ie a hundred-fold price increase to any item on sale, which seems quite outreageously high IMHO.

If such effect is indeed working as intended instead of being a typo (ie a much more realistic, if already quite punishing 100% price increase), why should I even thinking a millisecond about accepting or rejecting the exorbitant 2.5 millions C-bills fee For continued access to the Black market, then, instead of laughing out loudly to their proposal, and reject it forever and ever?

Because you're 10 times more likely to find top end weapons and even a LosTech Highlander for sale in a black market than the best conventional system stores. Laugh them off at your own peril. I'm going the opposite direction, laughing at local system governments as I raid them with my new pirate friends at every opportunity!

Because you're 10 times more likely to find top end weapons and even a LosTech Highlander for sale in a black market than the best conventional system stores. Laugh them off at your own peril. I'm going the opposite direction, laughing at local system governments as I raid them with my new pirate friends at every opportunity!
I think you didn’t pay attention enough...;)
I‘va already stated I’m already Loathed by pirates. The HGN-732B’s chassis cost a base 20M C-bills. Now it would cost me 2B C-bills. So, I ask you again, why should I ever think about paying 2.5M C-bills now, for having access to a market where I cannot buy anything now, even though my funds are in excess of 60M C-bills?

I think you didn’t pay attention enough...;)
I‘va already stated I’m already Loathed by pirates. The HGN-732B’s chassis cost a base 20M C-bills. Now it would cost me 2B C-bills. So, I ask you again, why should I ever think about paying 2.5M C-bills now, for having access to a market where I cannot buy anything now, even though my funds are in excess of 60M C-bills?
Fair point. Sounds like you've made some poor career choices as a mercenary outfit then - restart and join the dark side, we have cookies!

80902698.jpg