LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.4.0 Release Notes: The One with Localization!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's not what Sarna is for? It's primarily for fluff and lore rather than rule reference or walkthrough-like materials. This (and the linked articles) is the most we're likely to get.
I’ve found a Wiki about this BATTLETECH videogame, but it seems not updated with FLASHPOINT data nor information.
Anyway, it’s The BATTLETECH Gamepedia, if anybody would like to check it, and you can fine it by googling BATTLETECH Wiki or using this internet page, if our moderators permit: [Mod edit: No external links - see Forum User Agreement & Rules, item 7]

Last edited by a moderator:
The patch fixed the game locking up for me whenever I tried to start a new campaign and the startup load times is a lot better. But I get an eternal loading screen when I start a new campaign XD

Good job on some of the fixes and ui improvements! The PC seems to run a little cooler as well.

The german translation is a sad joke though, considering the late arrival. Just had a quick glance at it and went straight back to english. If I was dependant on it I would be pretty angry by now. Aside from the translation(Lady Arano seems to be fighting against "the family Directorate" in german) and grammar errors: If you stick with the english mech names you might want to use the english weapon names too to avoid confusion especially with the L-M-S, S-M-L-weapon problematic. And what is up with all the unessesary hyphens? MECH-BUCHT? LSR-10? M-Laser? It's visually distracting and not required at all to use them everywhere.
Hope the other languages are better and you find the time to fix this mess.

The patch also seems to have introduced a little error that prevents me(Linux Mint) and a friend (Win10) from duelling each other with custom lances. We get disconnected every time 5 seconds after starting a match(something about a missmatch of mech templates or the like in the player.log. Stock mech skirmishes work fine though. (will probably file a propper bugreport once I have more time, but it should be reproduceable anyway)

I only see 1.3.2-418R in my GOG acccount. Is 1.4 out for GOG yet?

1.4 is out for GOG! If you're not seeing it, are you waiting for offline installers? Sometimes those take longer, but you should be able to use the full installer, enable automatic updates in GOG Galaxy, or force refresh using the GOG.com webpage to get the patch.

I am also hoping for the offline installer patch.

latest patch is: Patch (1.3.1-417R to 1.3.2-418R)

Full installer (offline), Deluxe content and Flashpoint
are already 1.4.0-449R

I do not have (and do not want to) Galaxy.

Will there also be an offline patch to 1.4.0-449R ?
(The previous patches seemed to be available in a
shorter timespan.)

I think that's a question for GOG because it's up to them on how they want to time it--unfortunately, that's not something HBS can do something about. You can also use the full installer but I understand that that'd be a much larger download.

I think that's a question for GOG because it's up to them on how they want to time it--unfortunately, that's not something HBS can do something about. You can also use the full installer but I understand that that'd be a much larger download.

Ah, thanks.

Nice to know.

Hopefully they will.

Otherwise, I do not have currently any problems in playing.

And to un- and then reinstall the complete game is to much
hassle.

I will therefore wait patiently hoping for the best.

Is this savegame compatible? My old saves are not loading up, if it's not normal I'll do a bug report, but if it's normal I won't bother.
If your savegame didn't have any mods, you should be able to load it up no problem. If it did have mods, all bets are off.

A lot of people are complaining about the impossiblity of loading previous saved games. I wonder what happened for so many people having the same/similar problem.
Luckily I haven't got this problem. Just that I had a big Windows 10 update more or less by the same time than the BT update, and Steam got constantly trying to update more BT... in the end I had to re-update graphic card drivers and check files integrity. In my case I suspect it was because my laptop was starting to run out of hard drive space (was because Windows decided to temporarily occupy 20 GB), and maybe this affected the BT update. Just mentioning it in case some of the people having these kind of problems are in a similar situation.

If not, you can always go back to the previous version of the game, check files integrity, and try your luck with a manual update...
Anyway, good luck!!

i recently had a situation where between one day and the next of playing BT i let windows update.
prior to no issue...after update while i could load and play the game refused to save
i blame windows

i was able to start a new game and save without issue...

Backer since Day 2 of the Kickstarter here. Big fan. Played through Beta and up until 1.4 almost without a crash. --- Since 1.4 pretty much unplayable due to crashes - I have NEVER used a mod - tried complete uninstall reinstall no help. ( have sent in several crash logs ) Unfortunatly I am going to have to stop playing until Patch/Hotfix - considered rolling back but I think I will just wait. Hopefully soon.

I know when I first loaded an older save game after the last patch it took a fair bit of time to finally load. Runs fine now and on subsequent loads, was just the first one that felt longer for some reason.

Backer since Day 2 of the Kickstarter here. Big fan. Played through Beta and up until 1.4 almost without a crash. --- Since 1.4 pretty much unplayable due to crashes - I have NEVER used a mod - tried complete uninstall reinstall no help. ( have sent in several crash logs ) Unfortunatly I am going to have to stop playing until Patch/Hotfix - considered rolling back but I think I will just wait. Hopefully soon.
Have you reported your crashes?