• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_Comanche

Sergeant
1 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.1.2 is now available for users on Steam and GoG.

Release 1.1.2 Notes, 7/26/2018

• Fixed a race condition that could cause a softlock after flamer attacks made with the Firestarter 'Mech.

• Fixed an issue where the Capture the Argo mission on Axylus would fail to progress after loading a save game created right after securing the Argo crash site, but prior to new enemy units appearing.

• Fixed an issue where players could use the navigation starmap to accept travel contracts they did not meet the reputation requirements for.

• Fixed an issue where the "Ultra" quality setting could revert to "High" after relaunching the title.

• Fixed an issue where the "Lock Cursor" game setting did not get applied until the user alt-tabbed or relaunched the title.

• Fixed an issue where a 'Mech work order could still be created after some items equipped to the 'Mech were sold while the work order was pending.

• Fixed an issue where the "Fresh Off the Lot" achievement could not be completed.

• Updated the credits

IMPORTANT: If you experience any issues after updating, or see a popup like this one when trying to run the game...

7Fc6js3ZX9eZuI3-RcMhJ4DuG6Uh7w5NB_4_oARGF3DPmpwH0t4Yrom5lLFazbzd8I3sVks3C6Lkl7tiFRwH2oi4PVndE1ShNAIcDLFg3TeTvseSMyrIRdkxM3965Xk4kF15HDWN

This is a known issue with Steam, where it can occasionally fail to apply the update as expected. Here's the most reliable way we've seen to get around it:

1. Remove an existing game file in your installation directory (e.g. BattleTech.exe)

2. Verify Integrity of Game Files (Right-click on BATTLETECH in your Steam Library, select Properties -> Local Files tab)

3. The update should now download and apply normally.
IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files…Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Last edited:
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.1.2 is now available for users on Steam and GoG.

Release 1.1.2 Notes, 7/26/2018

• Fixed a race condition that could cause a softlock after flamer attacks made with the Firestarter 'Mech.

I assume that's supposed to be "Fixed a rare condition..."? Or did the softlock only affect pilots from, say, one great house and not the others? ;)

#GettinBetterALLtheTime

: )

I assume that's supposed to be "Fixed a rare condition..."? Or did the softlock only affect pilots from, say, one great house and not the others? ;)
This is a race condition: https://giphy.com/gifs/vjvdNiNHHKsuI If the timing is wrong, Indy gets crushed.

More technically, two things were supposed to occur in sequence but didn't. Given the description, I'd imagine something like the following (anthropomorphized).

Alice tells Bob to do something, then does something else, then waits for Bob to say he's done.
But, if Bob happened to be very fast, then Bob might say he's done while Alice is still busy with her other task and so doesn't hear Bob. She is then stuck waiting forever because Bob died immediately after saying he's done so can't tell her again.

Heh, I have 355 hours invested in this game and have yet to complete it. Why? Well, it finally smacked me across the face. No more mods. I'm one of those people who don't try to rush anything, but enjoy all aspects of stuff that is to be offered. I loved what multiple mods did for the game but now realize that I'll never be able to finish anything playing with them. You guys refuse to really provide for mod support knowing that there is a lot of improvement needed in the game. And every time I get close, you seem to release another somewhat unimportant patch taking close to 1gb to download and end up screwing up my game. So yeah, I don't even have the desire to go back in and start over YET AGAIN. It'll probably be weeks or months before I play again. This is just too much. If you're going to patch the game, make it important, ok? Or at least support the community be supporting the modders. At least THEY are trying to help the game - unlike you jokers.

Ever since you allowed that [mod edit: language/disrespect] streamer to have early access to the game you guys have been a constant disappointment. Well, for my money, I got a few hundred hours. Guess that's good enough. Time to uninstall and save space for other games. Empyrion is rocking right now.. and oh yeah, they're still in Alpha, but actually listen to their customer base, support their modders AND the regular updates they do are actually meaningful! You should take them as an example to follow!

PGI has lost me as a customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ebins, this last patch did not break my current Campaign (200+ hours.)

Check it out, if you have the time and opportunity. I hope your save game still works. :bow:

I was hoping the Unseen mechs would reappear in this patch. It sounds like the legal stuff has been worked out, and it should be pretty easy to add them back in. I guess the lawyers still need more hours to bill before they declare the matter finished.

Are you playing with mods?
Nope... I had a couple periods now where my video card updates killed BATTLETECH, so I don't add any Mods. Besides I like my BATTLETECH like I like my ice cream, VANILLA! : )

...yeah, I know. :bow: I don't know what I'm missing!

Still no fix for the "faction reputation too low" major bug. Lame!

Heh, I have 355 hours invested in this game and have yet to complete it. Why? Well, it finally smacked me across the face. No more mods. I'm one of those people who don't try to rush anything, but enjoy all aspects of stuff that is to be offered. I loved what multiple mods did for the game but now realize that I'll never be able to finish anything playing with them. You guys refuse to really provide for mod support knowing that there is a lot of improvement needed in the game. And every time I get close, you seem to release another somewhat unimportant patch taking close to 1gb to download and end up screwing up my game. So yeah, I don't even have the desire to go back in and start over YET AGAIN. It'll probably be weeks or months before I play again. This is just too much. If you're going to patch the game, make it important, ok? Or at least support the community be supporting the modders. At least THEY are trying to help the game - unlike you jokers.

Ever since you allowed that [mod edit: language/disrespect] streamer to have early access to the game you guys have been a constant disappointment. Well, for my money, I got a few hundred hours. Guess that's good enough. Time to uninstall and save space for other games. Empyrion is rocking right now.. and oh yeah, they're still in Alpha, but actually listen to their customer base, support their modders AND the regular updates they do are actually meaningful! You should take them as an example to follow!

PGI has lost me as a customer.

What mods were you using? I’m using dZ’s consolidated company commander. Literally tons of mods in one pack, for a greatly enhanced but true to vanilla game experienced. Updated game, re-injected btmod loader, game starts up like a charm. No problems at all loading my 2770 day ironman save.