• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bwiser

Sergeant
86 Badges
Sep 9, 2007
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • 500k Club
I have a problem: The little Mons in the circles e.g. in the Ledger are all black. Is it maybe a problem with my graphics card? I run it on a intel gma 4500 mhd laptop. I know it not the best but all other Paradox work just fine with it....

Interestingly I dont have this problem on my Macbook. So it seems to be related to my Lenovo notebook which I use for playing though. I have a T400 with a P8600, Core Duo 2,4 GHZ and a intel gma graphics card using Windows XP Professional SP3. I installed the newest DirectX which came with the Sengoku CD and have the required other installations (Visual C++ etc.) as well. Could you advise me, what the problem might be? Thanks a lot in advance !!!

In other games from Paradox, like V2 the solution was:
This is due to an error with the flag file cache. You can just delete the gfx/flags/flagfiles_*.dds files and it should work.

If the same solution works in Sengoku, I don't know. There is a flag folder in Sengoku, but it's empty.

There are some .dds files in the coats_of_arms folder. Take a backup of them and delete them. See if that works.

If the game chrashes, just copy them back.

Good luck

In other games from Paradox, like V2 the solution was:

If the same solution works in Sengoku, I don't know. There is a flag folder in Sengoku, but it's empty.

There are some .dds files in the coats_of_arms folder. Take a backup of them and delete them. See if that works.

If the game chrashes, just copy them back.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately that didn't help. Without the dds files in the coat of arms folder, as soon as I start the game it crashes while loading very early. Do you have another idea which could help. I am still helpless with this error. Thx a lot in advance.

Ping. I am still interested in playing Sengoku, but it is somewhat difficult without the mons / coat of arms. Do you have other ideas how to tackle the problem. Does anybody else have this problem?

Hi, try 'writeflags' in the console. It'll create the flagmap as an image file in your game directory.
Check if it's all black or has all the mon.
In sengoku we never cache any flagtextures on disc, since dynasties and clans can change too much during a session.

Hi, try 'writeflags' in the console. It'll create the flagmap as an image file in your game directory.
Check if it's all black or has all the mon.
In sengoku we never cache any flagtextures on disc, since dynasties and clans can change too much during a session.

Hello Birken, thanks for the tip. I did writeflags and the generated tga contained flags (nothing black in there). BUT, still the little Mons are black. I attach a screenshot. DirectX, etc. is all up-to-date - so this cannot be it. It seems that for some reason the mons cannot be put on screen. Strange...

Attachments

• Sengoku missing mons.JPG
    Sengoku missing mons.JPG
    265,8 KB · Views: 36
I have constantly had this problem no matter how many times I install/re-install or where I install it... This problem makes it very hard to get the full effect of the game, let-alone allow you to fully be able to even play the game... Is there any idea of a fix or root cause of this?? It seems like based on the feedback to this point, that this may be some kind of memory problem...?

TIA

A full clean reinstall ought to fix this, as it does for other PDS games.

In Steam do "delete local content". Then in Windows Explorer go to your Steam Sengoku folder, which by default is something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sengoku\

and delete all remaining contents (except /save games/ obviously). Then click on the "compatibility files" button/link (this is only there if you have Steam in Program Files, the default) which will take you to the Windows Virtual Store copy of that same folder, and delete all contents of that too (again except /save games/ if any).

Then just re-install in Steam.