• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
good luck you will need it! :)

Thank you. So far so good :)

Situation looks grim in the north. It's a shame you don't seem to have any troops in northern Estonia, you might have been able to cut off a few Soviet divisions and force them to surrender

I have only 7 divisions (4000-7000 strength) in total. They are no match to the Soviet divisions in numbers and strength. I am afraid if I had left any of my divisions in Estonia now I would have to think about evacuation. However, I think you are right about the possibility to cut off Soviet divisions. I will try to follow your advice and cut them off during an offensive if Germans support me.

War in the East – The First Counter-Attacks

Unfortunately all Estonia was lost. However, the Soviets reduced pressure in central Latvia and Lithuanians exploited the opportunity by arranging several successful counter-attacks. The Soviets were pushed off Riga. Vilnius remains surrounded on three sides but combined Lithuanian-German forces commenced an offensive towards Pabrade and Svencionys.

410713battles.jpg

Hungarians made some limited advances but the rest of the front was relatively stable. However, more and more German and Italian reinforcements are coming.

410713su.jpg

At the same time Americans landed in Normandy and took Channel Islands.

410713fr.jpg

subscribed for emotional and rememberance reasons :)

Looking forward to a second greater Lithuania, or a second succesful invasion of Moscow :D

War in the East – Preparations

While the main action is in the East Americans launched another amphibious attack but this time at Lithuanian controlled La Coruna in Spain. So called “Red Devils” are steadily making progress into shores. As no reinforcements are available and Americans have Air superiority, La Coruna could be lost.

410720battles.jpg

Combined Lithuanian-German-Yugoslavian forces pushed Russians from Vilnius suburbs and continue advance. However, in Latvia the Soviets were able repeal Lithuanian-German offensive and all gains were lost.

410720lt.jpg

In the Ukraine, Hungarians made some limited gains, but otherwise the front remained stable.

Germans transferred two infantry divisions under Lithuanian command. Lithuanian Army was reorganised into two assault infantry corps (1. Pestininku Korpusas [PK]and 2. Pestininku Korpusas). The 1. PK was concentrated at Vilnius and the 2. PK at Riga.

Two major offensives are planned. The 1. PK is to lead the Smolensk Offensive and the 2. PK – the Leningrad Offensive.

410720su.jpg

Put some ticks into the bears skin :)

Now I am preparing to do it :)

there goes the US neutrality in europe....

They want my Spain too :mad:

subscribed for emotional and rememberance reasons :)

Looking forward to a second greater Lithuania, or a second succesful invasion of Moscow :D

To be honest I was planning this AAR as a short one, but it into a full blown campaign. More I was searching for pictures and information about 1936-1941 Lithuania more I became involved myself.

I hope Lithuanian will reach Moscow first ;)

Well that looks CHALLENGING! :eek:

At the beginning I thought the Axis would push the Soviets in the Ukraine, but actually to my surprise the Soviets are doing very well at the moment.

why a second one?

Actually Lithuanian besieged Moscow several times but never took the Kremlin. Only Poles took control of Moscow in 1610.

This is interresting, especially the fact that you don't cheat and use the possibility of the game. Nevertheless, USA are quicker than expected. Is it systematic, in this patch? (The only game I played so far was Spanish Civil war, and I won in less than one year, but I'm scared to play the big countries).

War in the East – The First Offensive

Unfortunately, Lithuanians could not hold any longer and had to retreat from La Coruna on 23 July 1941. However, at the same time Germans were able eliminate American threat in Normandy. Only Channel Islands remained in American hands.

410728fr.jpg

Leningrad and Smolensk offensives commenced.

The 2. PK was able to secure the right bank of Daugava River and is ready to proceed further into Northern Latvia and Estonia.

The 1. PK with the intensive Luftwaffe and allies support hit hard the Soviets at Vilnius and now surrounded Minsk on South, West and North. The Lithuanian army objective is to cut off Soviet forces in Minsk and then proceed to Smolensk leaving Minsk to allies to deal with.

410728battles.jpg

The success in the North weakened the Soviets defences throughout entire front. Germans and Hungarians seized the opportunity and already reached Kyiv suburbs.

410728su.jpg

thanks for the info :D

You welcome :)

I didn’t know that :)

This is interresting, especially the fact that you don't cheat and use the possibility of the game. Nevertheless, USA are quicker than expected. Is it systematic, in this patch? (The only game I played so far was Spanish Civil war, and I won in less than one year, but I'm scared to play the big countries).

Actually you are right. Americans are doing well and especially in the Far East where they occupied Siam and took numerous Japan islands in Pacific Ocean. I am going to post pictures from Japan front too. Japanese are not that lucky at the moment.

Shall you march onto Moscow?
The odds are minimal. :p

I have to. Finns did it in 1610 now it is time for Lithuanians :p

War in the Far East – Japan’s Woes

Japan was unprepared for war against the Soviets. It was already unsuccessfully fighting against China and the USA.

The Soviets within several weeks occupied Northern Manchuria and reached Harbin. At the same time Chinese started their own offensive and already reach Beiping. However, Japanese and Manchurians were able to stabilise both fronts and launched a counter-offensive in north.

410728jp.jpg

American occupied Okinawa and Kyushu islands but for some reason stopped the advance.

Italians at the same time liberated Northern Ethiopia but due to supply problems could not push any further.

410728jp1.jpg

Is Germany going to push back the Americans? Because you can't afford to have Germany pull back troops to France.

why a second one?
Because there was a Greater Lithuania Spanning from the Baltic to Crimea in the 13th-15th century. Check it out on wikipedia

War in the East – Minsk Under Siege

The offensives continued. After several skirmishes the 2. PK was able to reach Estonia. The Soviets could not stop Lithuanian breakthrough and continue their retreat.

410809battles.jpg

The Smolensk offensive reached the first stage. Minsk was completely surrounded following medium intensity battles around it. Several Soviet counterattacks were repulsed and further Lithuanian advance is on its way. Minsk will be left for allies to take.

410809lt.jpg

In the Ukraine Kyiv is under siege. Germans and Hungarians are pushing deeper into the central Ukraine. Romanians at last started their counter-offensive and reached Odesa. The Soviets in Bessarabia are at risk to be surrounded.

410809su.jpg

Last edited: