• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
War in the West – France, Netherlands and Belgium

Immediately after defeat of Denmark Lithuanian army was transferred to France. France was resisting for another two months. Italians did very well and soon joined German troops in North France

391101holland.jpg

By the end of September, the Siege of Paris has started on on 28 September, Paris surrendered and on the next day France capitulated.

390928paris.jpg

At the same time Japan conquered Shanxi and more worryingly the USSR mobilised its troops.

391103info.jpg

Surprisingly Burxelles, Den Haag and Amsterdam kept very well. Bruxelles was taken in early October, but Amsterdam resisted until the early December. The last Dutch stronghold surrendered on 14 December. About 100.000 Allied troops were taken prisoners.

391214holland.jpg

Europe Map on 1 January 1940

400101europe.jpg

Last edited:
War Spreading – Siam, Spain and Egypt

Siam joined Axis and successfully invaded British Burma.

News about German invasion to Nationalist Spain came as a huge surprise to President Antanas Smetona. Germans offered to join an assault.

400416burma.jpg

By the end of April 1940, Lithuanian troops arrived to Bordeaux. Two transport fleets crossed English Channel and arrived to Bordeaux too.

Lithuanians landed in Galicia and quickly took control of the region. Only a few skirmishes followed but Spanish were routed and subsequently surrendered. Unfortunately during a second landing Lithuanian fleet was attacked by Spanish warships and the only Lithuanian warship Prezidentas Smetona was sunk.

400601spain.jpg

Spanish campaign was very successful and fast. Spanish capitulated on 12 June.

At the same time, Italians transported several armies to Libya and commenced an offensive to Egypt. British were routed and Italians reached Suez Canal. The Mediterranean Sea is in Axis hands!

400701egypt.jpg

Europe Map on 1 July 1940

400701europe.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very interesting! Now Lithuania extends all over Europe with even parts of the north west of Spain!

This is where President Smetona will have winter Holidays :)

War Spreading – Greece and Iraq

Siam campaign has ended in disaster. Americans landed and took control of Bangkok and other major Siam cities. Siam government fled the country.

However, in Europe, the number of Axis countries has increased. Yugoslavia became a new member.

Americans also tried to land in Lithuanian Galicia but were repelled and 12,000 were taken prisoners.

400921events.jpg

Italy demanded from Greece a free passage to its troops but Greece refused and Italy together with Bulgaria and Germany attacked Greece. Lithuania remained neutral on this occasion.

Greece could not hold against the might of Axis and surrendered on 4 October 1940.

401004greece.jpg

Italians continued a successful campaign in Egypt. The Suez canal was secured. Italians conquered Palestine and then rushed to Iraq. On 20 November, Iraq surrendered.

401120iraq.jpg

On 18 December, the Axis successful campaign in Europe convinced Brazil to join the Axis cause.

On 29 December, a light cruiser (Abruzzi class) "Silute" harboured in Klaipeda (Memel). Lithuania bought the cruiser from Italy. "Silute" replaced "Presidentas Smetona" which was sunk by Spanish navy.

The pride of Lithuanian navy "Silute" is going to take part in the incoming invasion of Scandinavia.

401229silute.jpg

Lithuania, A Baltic colonial power. I never thought i would see it.

It still needs to get some possessions in Africa and/or Asia :)

Germany who dows nationalist spain ... interesting :D

I still can not understand what happened. I newer saw this coming and noticed only when Germans crossed the Spanish Pyrenees.

Awesome mate, I like your Lithuanian pictures and maps. You've inspired me, I'll now have to give something like this a go as Lithuania, although I can't promise not to cheat though, but may be not as much as that enjoyable Estonian tour of NE European cookery, ha!

(I did have a look at Lithuania out of interest but haven't yet tried to play as my Father's Land yet.)

Please keep it up, all the best.

Iki, Saulius.

this game is looking like an axis rout. this is a very interesting game and I like how you cleverly manipulated germany into attacking poland early and therefore not giving them a chance to sign the M-R pact. Fun game, although I did notice that there is a very small shared border between germany and USSR, which will make things interesting.

It will be an interesting barbarosa, especially if the germans dont attack through your land

if they do, there could be immediate supply problems that could potentially cripple the movements of the northern armies. That is clearly the problem with having the biggest power having the smallest border with the Soviet Union, inevitable supply problems will just hit sooner and harder.

Awesome mate, I like your Lithuanian pictures and maps. You've inspired me, I'll now have to give something like this a go as Lithuania, although I can't promise not to cheat though, but may be not as much as that enjoyable Estonian tour of NE European cookery, ha!

(I did have a look at Lithuania out of interest but haven't yet tried to play as my Father's Land yet.)

Please keep it up, all the best.

Iki, Saulius.

Aciu, Sauliau!

I will try to insert some pictures where it is appropriate :)

this game is looking like an axis rout. this is a very interesting game and I like how you cleverly manipulated germany into attacking poland early and therefore not giving them a chance to sign the M-R pact. Fun game, although I did notice that there is a very small shared border between germany and USSR, which will make things interesting.

I was not sure my plan will work, because previously Germany used to attack Poland on 1 May 1939 and already had M-R pact. I think SF has changed this.

You are right, German border with the USSR is just 2 provinces. Other provinces are inaccessible :eek:

It will be an interesting barbarosa, especially if the germans dont attack through your land

I am still a bit nervous :) I have got some colonies just in case I could not defend Lithuania. In that case I could retreat to Germany and continue to fight.

if they do, there could be immediate supply problems that could potentially cripple the movements of the northern armies. That is clearly the problem with having the biggest power having the smallest border with the Soviet Union, inevitable supply problems will just hit sooner and harder.

I am not supply expert, but allies send to each other supplies if their troops are in allied land. The biggest problem would be if Germans start expedite their troops. I do not have that much MP and IC to keep up with losses and supplies by myself.

Scandinavian Campaign – Norway and Sweden

On 24 January 1941, treacherous Sweden joined Allies and declared war. Swedish artillery and aviation started immediately bombing Copenhagen. Soon after that, Swedish army commenced an amphibious assault against Lithuanian garrison of one infantry brigade.

Following one month build-up, Lithuanian and German troops landed in Southern Norway. Lithuanian task was to take Oslo and land in Narvik.

410305silute.jpg

410310scandinavia.jpg

Norwegian and Swedish divisions managed to build defences around Oslo but following a 10 day siege on 19 March 1941, Oslo surrendered and Lithuanians entered the city.

Norwegian royal family managed to escape and Germans took control of the whole country except Olso and its surroundings and Narvik which fell under Lithuanian administration.

410320norway.jpg

410319oslo.jpg

Following the fall of Norway, Lithuanians landed at Goteborg. One group marched south to Malmo where Lithuanian and German were unsuccessfully trying to break through and take the city. Another group marched north-east and joined Germans advancing from Norway.

One week later, Malmo garrison retreated and Lithuanian-German forces crossed the channel and took the city. Following this, Lithuanian mariners landed at Vastervik and Gavle, and marched to Stockholm taking on their way Sodertalje and Uppsala.

The Siege of Stockholm lasted about two weeks. On 25 April 1941, Stockholm capitulated and almost 20,000 strong Swedish garrison was taken prisoners. Sweden became Lithuanian protectorate.

410425sweden.jpg

410426swesur.jpg

Europe Map on 20 May 1941

410520europe.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, I gave Lithuania a go. I couldn't help myself and attacked Germany while they were attacking into Poland. I thought I might snatch East Prussia, but alas they were too strong for Poland and not distracted enough elsewhere by the allies and I lost the War.

Lithuania became a Puppet of Germany and I rebuilt my Army. Eventually Germany attacked and beat the Soviet Union and won. The game played out to 1948 with Lithuania still there!

Next time I wont attack (and lose to) Germany.

Hmmm, I gave Lithuania a go. I couldn't help myself and attacked Germany while they were attacking into Poland. I thought I might snatch East Prussia, but alas they were too strong for Poland and not distracted enough elsewhere by the allies and I lost the War.

Lithuania became a Puppet of Germany and I rebuilt my Army. Eventually Germany attacked and beat the Soviet Union and won. The game played out to 1948 with Lithuania still there!

Next time I wont attack (and lose to) Germany.

You are brave or crazy man but you did very well after all :p

I wouldn't risk to ally Poland with Lithuania though. German friend is a safer option :D