• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Penta2

First Lieutenant
91 Badges
Jan 30, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • 500k Club
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
So, I've been thinking. In Vanilla CK2, one of the more helpful things on the wiki(s) is the list of provinces and their ID numbers.

Does anybody have a list of said IDs for the SWMH (as implemented in HIP with the other modules) map?

I fully grant that it'd probably be a bit lengthy of a task, yes; I'm asking so I don't reinvent the wheel, painfully, for my own uses if someone's already done it and I haven't noticed.

So, I've been thinking. In Vanilla CK2, one of the more helpful things on the wiki(s) is the list of provinces and their ID numbers.

Does anybody have a list of said IDs for the SWMH (as implemented in HIP with the other modules) map?

I fully grant that it'd probably be a bit lengthy of a task, yes; I'm asking so I don't reinvent the wheel, painfully, for my own uses if someone's already done it and I haven't noticed.
Check out SWMHprovinces.csv in Historical Immersion Project\localisation.
That lists all provinces that are added or renamed in SWMH. It's not sorted by number, but it is the best that exists right now.

if wanted, I could provide you a working version of a map of Africa with province ID numbers

There was somewhere another request also for a map, so here is one, now for the southern part of the map:
SWMH_provinces-south.JPG

I know this is an old thread.. but I have a good news in this regard for everyone interested...
One of the improvements of this EasternExpansion is that it finally contains a complete ID map for whole SWMH map :) Will be released soon. If anyone is interested in some pre-EE region, you can make requests here... the complete map will be published with the release.

Elvain, the awesomeness of that cannot be understated. Frankly, it's been a bit impossible for someone not intimately familiar with the file structure (like I'm not) to puzzle out which provinces are which province IDs.

Elvain could you release pre-EE map.
I'd like to, but there is no such map.
The map is done for EE and EE changes large parts of pre-EE map, so it would be inacurate for about a 1/4 - 1/3 of the map

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...superior-ck2-experience.599550/#post-13676108

but unfortunately with the latest release and removal of some provinces this got a little outdated. But majority should be ok.
At some point @IoannesBarbarus or myself will write a program to auto-label provinces.bmp for any map. The only reason I've avoided the project for so long is that readable text placement can really be a bitch, esp. with tiny provinces. I've always figured that an interactive program (or, theoretically, some code-generated Javascript combined with some HTML and the image, but that has limitations) that showed you the whole map, allowing you to zoom/pan/etc, that showed the province ID, county title, and other relevant information upon mouseover of a province on the map would be the most ideal solution.