• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(548655)

Recruit
2 Badges
Sep 4, 2012
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I was playing as Prussia and Germany in a recent game and noticed that I could for some reason gather no liquor for producing units. I tried to resolve this by building more factories that produced it, and I became the 3rd largest exported in the world. I tried to also buy liquor off the world market, which said there was 600 or so units available, and the transaction would not go through. I've done pretty well considering I can't build Guard units or art.

I just got AHD and the latest patches for the games, I am just curious to know if this has happened to others and if it may have just been a bug in the game that would have been fixed with AHD and the patches?

As far as I know, the liquor shortages occurred, because Victoria 2 initially used production to fulfill the needs of the population before those of the government. A House Divided has reversed this, thus solving the liquor shortages problem. That being said, there are occasional shortages in certain goods (but not liquor, in my experience), which affect your industry and military building - I'm thinking luxury clothes, silk and tropical wood in the early game. But as Prussia, your Great Power status should mean that access will be shortly/eventually restored.

As far as I know, the liquor shortages occurred, because Victoria 2 initially used production to fulfill the needs of the population before those of the government. A House Divided has reversed this, thus solving the liquor shortages problem. That being said, there are occasional shortages in certain goods (but not liquor, in my experience), which affect your industry and military building - I'm thinking luxury clothes, silk and tropical wood in the early game. But as Prussia, your Great Power status should mean that access will be shortly/eventually restored.

as USA, my industrial score dropped with 2k for all recourses dissapeared in the world and all my factories got closed... It took me 9 years to regain it and I had to subside all factories.