• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hjarg

Insert witty title here
105 Badges
Dec 23, 2000
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
But hey! Maybe they could have done a good sequal to it :p

It wasn't terrible, it just got shoved out the door too early and without a recognisable name (Ie: Fallout) to sell it. You can pick it up on Good Old Games for $6 I think, if you want to check it out. It's not an earth shatteringly good game, but it has its charms.

It is one of the best RPGs ever made, it just wasn't completed.

Eh, it had alot of potential, which as stated.. was wasted.
But I cant agree with it being one of the best rpgs.

If Black isle had more time with it, it'd been alot better.. tho I did like the alternative history storyline really.

Eh, it had alot of potential, which as stated.. was wasted.
But I cant agree with it being one of the best rpgs.

If Black isle had more time with it, it'd been alot better.. tho I did like the alternative history storyline really.

99.99% of RPG games are total and utter crap in my opnion. It's not quite up to Fallout standards I must admit but it could have been.

That game was actually pretty damn good. It was kind of buggy but it was a fun game witch a decent story. In fact I came to this forum HOPING it was a sequel to that.

Don't trash this game unless you have played it.

Must be one of those people who trashed Arcanum because they were a "EWWW ITS 2d in the 2000s" kids.

99.99% of RPG games are total and utter crap in my opnion. It's not quite up to Fallout standards I must admit but it could have been.
Since 99.99% of rpg games are crap then you must play 0 RPGs a year as we are lucky to get even 3.

I thought Paradox would be making sequel to this "brilliant" game:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/lionheartlegacyofthecrusader?q=lionheart

Ewwwwww! Glad that's not the case! :)

Except for that last sentence, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the name. But by all accounts (I never got around to playing it because of all the horror stories about it), the problem with that game wasn't the idea behind it (which was anything but terrible) but the execution (apparently it starts out good and then things turn sour, becoming too generic). Which would generally make a remake a good thing...

This year I've played:

Neverwinter Nights 2 - Hated it.

Fallout 3 - Hated it.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines - Love it, still.

Fallout 2 - Love it, still.

:D

Well, Obsidian has the same problem as Troika had. Extremely buggy games which often had game stopping bugs. Acanum had it, fallout 1 had it, and Temple of Elemental evil had several, I never accually finished the last mentioned here, since it was rather frustration to go through all of the temple, to find yet another game breaking bug.

Fallout 3, yeah.. let's face it.. that game was insulting to anyone who played Fallout 1 and 2. It's Oblivion with guns. I understand it appeals to the generation that didnt grow with Fallout 1 and 2, but to me .. it was an insult, a dumbed down Oblivion world, with less brains and humor.

Vampire.. yeah Troika game = Extremely buggy, also the last game they made before they went under. It's what I consider wasted potential again, the hotel mission was one of the best maps I've played in a game for a long while.

Fallout 2 , 62th time completing it and counting. ;)

Anyhow, as I do own King Arthur which Neocore made, I do hope when you put the game on easy... it's accually set on easy, since that was a problem in King Arhur, regardless of the difficulty setting.. it was nerv-wreckingly hard at times

Vampire.. yeah Troika game = Extremely buggy, also the last game they made before they went under. It's what I consider wasted potential again, the hotel mission was one of the best maps I've played in a game for a long while.

Yep. Which hotel level, though? The early 'haunted one' (that spooked me out first time, I don't like playing through it again, kind of like HL-2 Ravenholm--at least here I can turn up the gamma and turn off the spookishness.) or the later more standard gunning through a dungeon one?

This year I've played:

Neverwinter Nights 2 - Hated it.

Fallout 3 - Hated it.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines - Love it, still.

Fallout 2 - Love it, still.

:D

Neverwinter Nights 2 is, in my opinion, a great game. Good story, classical gameplay, interesting features (the fortress thing, among others), also interesting characters... and the expansion it also quite good.

More than 60 hours of gameplay... that reminds me of my 350 hours game in Oblivion.

Can you tell me what exactly was so terrible about Lionheart?

The combat system and everything outside New Barcelona.

Anyhow, as I do own King Arthur which Neocore made, I do hope when you put the game on easy... it's accually set on easy, since that was a problem in King Arhur, regardless of the difficulty setting.. it was nerv-wreckingly hard at times

This can only bode well. :)