Lionheart Multiplayer Authentication Failed error

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

unmerged(233165)

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 4, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
Successfully registered the game, patched it to v1.01, and still receive "Multiplayer Authentication Failed" when I run multiplayer. Anyone have any guidance?

Thanks,
JBGuest

Last edited:

unmerged(82776)

Recruit
10 Badges
Aug 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Pillars of Eternity
Lost a couple of sales from me, in that case! Would have bought a couple copies for me/my kids and urged friends to buy as well, but I am not interested in purchasing without multiplayer and will not buy from Steam.

unmerged(320188)

Gloria in excelsis Deo
16 Badges
May 24, 2011
exposingsingapore.wordpress.com
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
I just picked this game and have the same multiplayer authentication failed message when trying to play online and my game is activated through steam. Did steam drop multiplayer support for this game?