• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, I was wondering if there was a Linux version planned for this game?
They've been pretty consistent with the platforms "PC, Mac, iPad and Android" so my bet is: don't get your hopes up. :/

I would certainly pick up a copy as well if a Linux release shows up.

You'd get at least 3 more sales from me if a Linux version came out
it cant be difficult to port, there is a OSX version so I guess there is already an OpenGL target.
Icculus could probably port it in a day.

For those not willing to wait for a port and still want to play on Linux. I got the game running with Wine, using Play On Linux.

Short instructions:
- Install steam through PlayOnLinux
- Set Wine version to the latest
- Add directx
- Start Steam
- Install the game in Steam and start it

Multiplayer coop works like a charm, I have only played campaign so far but don't expect trouble with the other game modes.

The problems I ran into:
- The graphics in the background of the menu have flickering shadows (not in game)
- The offline mode crashes when starting a mission (doesn't crash with latest Wine but also does not start, so offline mode does not work)
- Sound sometimes glitches (but this might not be Leviathan related)

For those not willing to wait for a port and still want to play on Linux. I got the game running with Wine, using Play On Linux.

Short instructions:
- Install steam through PlayOnLinux
- Set Wine version to the latest
- Add directx
- Start Steam
- Install the game in Steam and start it

Multiplayer coop works like a charm, I have only played campaign so far but don't expect trouble with the other game modes.

The problems I ran into:
- The graphics in the background of the menu have flickering shadows (not in game)
- The offline mode crashes when starting a mission (doesn't crash with latest Wine but also does not start, so offline mode does not work)
- Sound sometimes glitches (but this might not be Leviathan related)

Interesting to see it works through wine. Still prefer a native version if at all possible

I know this is considered a dead topic, but as a former Windows user, no longer playing due to lack of Linux client, I'd like to add my voice to the chorus. If you already port to OSX, you've done the big parts, making a linux client is really simple and easy these days, with Steam acting as a single target for compatibility/versions. Please reconsider.

I know this is considered a dead topic, but as a former Windows user, no longer playing due to lack of Linux client, I'd like to add my voice to the chorus. If you already port to OSX, you've done the big parts, making a linux client is really simple and easy these days, with Steam acting as a single target for compatibility/versions. Please reconsider.

Such an operation would still require resources, not that much maybe. But still resources that doesn't exist. I'm sorry to disappoint my friend.