• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

ThePumpkin

Recruit
6 Badges
Jan 24, 2016
  • Ancient Space
  • Magicka
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
I recently bought Warlock 2 and immediately played it and loved it. However, I was first surprised and very disappointed by the amount of bugs in a game published by Paradox, a publisher that I learned to love over the years. (Now that I'm thinking of it, it's the same publisher as the bug-choke-full Magika...)

When I realized this game (Warlock 2) was unplayable, I searched a solution and discovered the lonux/osx beta branch. But I realized it didn't addressed all bugs. I mean, solving every single bug in any software is impossible. But I was amazed to see a bug reported, acknowledged by the developers (see quote below) for more than a year and still unresolved, while this bug can just bring a game to a dead end.

I think it's unacceptable. I mean, it's not like it's a rare, strange bug that doesn't kill progression, or like if it's a brand new bug introduced by yesterday's new feature. It's a severe bug reported and acknowledged more than one year earlier. It's unacceptable.

We just pushed the 2.2.202 live on the main branch.

We also pushed 2.2.203 live on the linux_osx_beta branch.

2.2.203 fixes the quest related crash that was present in 2.2.202.

Known issue in this patch:

* Monster spawning quests sometimes loops: if you kill the monsters the quest sometimes just starts over. This can be worked around by trying to avoid fighting said monsters and instead pay the quests of while we work on it.

To access the beta branch go into the steam properties of Warlock 2, click the "betas" tab and in the drop down menu choose "linux_osx_beta".
For instance, I'm currently conquering the second world (the one next to my starting world); it has only one portal with a kill-quest presenting no other option than killing the creature (so there is no way to avoid the quest by paying ingame currency), so I'm unable to open this portal and continue this game.

(There is also the quest of a rival wizard threatening my character if I don't complete a quest: I successfully completed the quest, but the game didn't acknowledged that and now I'm taking random terraforming without being able to do something against that.)

It's such a shame, because I think this game is truly great, and the quest system is both diverse and entertaining! I really love how the different mechanisms, like city building, defense bonuses, terrain effects and random quests interact. It's even playable on Linux!!! I love this game, but because of one bug, it's totally ruined.

Sadly there seems to be no more patches coming anymore. What exactly is the problem you have now? Maybe you can submit a ticket through paradox.zendesk.com and we'll take it from there.
This post is more than 8 month old. So the dev stopped supporting this game? If I submit a ticked, will Paradox be able to fix this bug? Do they have access to the code base of Warlock2?

Thank you for your attention.