• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avald

Sergeant
95 Badges
May 16, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I have an issue with ck2 with installing mods.

First things first, to better know my situation:
1) i have found the share location
2) i have found the install directory
3) there is no ck2 folder in the compatdata section
4) there is no ck2 folder in the workshop section
5) despite 4), workshop items can still get subbed to and run
6) I have multiple partitions which steam uses, but ck2 is currently installed in the home partition, it used to be installed on my harddrive, i uninstalled and reinstalled in the hopes that this would force out the workshop location, it didn't do that, hell it didn't even need to redownload the workshop items

the issue lies in that when I want to install HIP, i go into the share location, follow the instructions and get nothing (note, the share location had absolutely nothing for the ck2 folder, except for the folder itself all other pdx games have something in there) when checking the mod selection tab. i am trying to find the workshop folder because the mod guys say that it won't work when i use the install directory mod folder, so that I can at least try and install HIP there.

Any help in this regard. Where the hell is the workshop folder? I have tried searching for crusader in all hidden folders, via terminal, have searched in general for crusader in the entire filesystem and i got nothing except the install directory and the share directory. I am stuck.

Edit: Just remembered that on my hdd, i have also a windows steam install with ck2, as I dual boot windows. Might be a factor.
Edit2: Just checked there, should not actually be a thing, considering how the home directory of the windows portion is in read only mode and ck2 actually updated mods no problem when I tried launching it today.

Last edited:
File Locations on Linux

Executable, DLCs and Mod upload folder:
/home/user/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Crusader Kings II/

The "Documents" equivalent is:
/home/user/.paradoxinteractive/Crusader Kings II/

So mods would go in that last folder in a subfolder /mod/

Steam should create that automatically and copy the mod files in there. Quite where Steam store them beforehand I am not sure, but that should not matter.

However if you are trying to manually install HIP that might be a different matter - have you checked with that mod author to see if it needs to be installed in some special way?