• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23049)

Sergeant
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Link to official eventmanual please

who knows the link to the official eventmanual? i need the html version , and i forgot the link

thx

Havard said:
It's far from complete yet though. Anyone feeling they can lend a hand can contact me... :)

Said Havard himself, but since this might come in handy for many as it is let's sticky this.

And I changed the thread name since although it's good it's as far as I know not official, i.e. from Paradox.

Last edited:
RaulGonz.Blanco said:
thats what i was looking for, thx very much dude

Glad to be for help.

Norgesvenn said:
I think Havard deserves a big hand for this anyway. :)

I certainly find it very helpful.
Amen to that :)

For me, I'd rate is as invaluable; i've long since printed major parts of it and keep it beside my 'puter while working on Vicky stuff :)

Rafiki

The easiest thing would be forParadox to add a badboy command in the next patch, similar to the one added in EU2. The addition of that command adds a lot more depth to diplomatic events.

I have a small (inconsequential) correction for the excellent eventmanual;

In 1.1, last line, talking about the event for Texas joining the USA, it says that the AI will most likely choose to join Germany. :rofl: I think this could be corrected, but then again, it lightens the mood when reading the rather sombre manual to see a funny thing like this.
Anyway, thanks for the excellent piece of work, I am definitely going to (try to) learn scripting events.

Any news, about when it will be updated?

I hope that the next update involves AI parameters.

Not as much as I had hoped by now; Havard has long since OK'ed reproducing his Vicky material at VickyWiki, but so far, it's mostly the event editing stuff that has been added, and even that article needs some clean-up.
22.gif

Anyone want to take care of a month-old baby for a couple of days, so I can devote some attention to VickyWiki? :D

link looks currently down. :(

TheFlemishDuck said:
link looks currently down. :(
Havard had to move his webservers, and it might be that this one is still aiting to be restored. I'm afraid the stuff that has been "ported" to VickyWiki is your best bet for now, even if it is still a bit unfinished.
Dark Knight said:
Your wife, perhaps? :p ;)
If only that had been the way it worked ;)

Is there any way I can get some nice person to email me a word or html version of the event manual and commands list? I am finding quite a few of the commands in the events .txt file in Vicky are wrong or do not work.

Making the RoN Redux mod is frustrating without the proper event commands. :(

Cheers, Thorgrimm