• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally got around to doing the latest update on the Vickie LibrAARy, and even got a few extra weeks in there to assist come the new year. So things should be up through today (the 16th.)

As always, please make sure to check on your work to make sure I did not make any errors in the update. And if you see any, or any other error, feel free to let me know either here or by PM.

Also remember, for those of you that just started one, that I have a one page benchmark that I use for inclusion into the librAARy. This helps to keep the number of abandoned AARs down. Keep working on it and it will make it into next month's update.

Finally, the latest round of Vickie Cross voting has made it into this update, so go by and see your shiny new labels added next to your work if you were up for one and received recognition.

Great work for another month, folks. Keep it coming and write on!

Return of the Idea of Russia

Hi All, esp. Coz1!

I am back from a rather stressful hiatus from the AARland but I have posted a new update for The Idea of Russia and have several more lined up already for the coming days or weeks...the semester is about to break hear for a month and I'm not certain if I will have access to the Uni internet facilities during the break period. However if not, I will visit an e-pub once during the month for an update...still working and living on less than € 300 a month so I have to save as much as possible.

At anyrate, I cordially invite you all to return to The Idea of Russia!

Last edited:
Vickie's librAARy has been updated through today. And I have also gone through and notated the recent Vickie cross recipients. Congrats once again to them.

Make sure to take a glance at your work and let me know if any mistakes were made. If you find any, feel free to mention either here in this thread or by PM. And remember that I usualy have a one page rule for addition to the librAARy to cut down on abandoned AARs, so if yours is not listed, keep working on it and it will be eventually.

Another collection of great work, folks. Keep it coming. :D

Vickie's LibrAARy has now been updated through March of 2006.

Please take a moment to check your work and make sure it has been entered correctly. If you find any mistakes (either in your own work or someone else's) please let me know either here in this thread or by way of PM and I will correct it.

Also, please note that if you have just recently started your AAR and it is not yet listed, this is due to it being less than a page so far. I usually only add work that has progressed far enough in order to cut down on the number of quickly abandoned AARs listed and the general cut off is over a page (or 25 posts or so.) Continue working on it and rest assured it will be inclued on my next update.

And thank you to those who have made sure to announce your new work or the completion and/or status in this thread. It helps me tremendously.

Great work once again, fellow writAARs! Read and write on! :D

P.S. Also note a teaser in the VictAARian Cross section. A new poll is coming soon. :cool:

Thank you, Coz, for updating Fire Warms in the library to 1903. It seems like it hasn't been very many years (in Prussian time...) since you last updated! :D

If it doesn't look too odd to reflect it, I wonder if you'd mind next time changing Castles in the Sky to reflect an 1807 start date, where it still remains, rather than 1836... which may not be reached until pages into the AAR!

Which brings me to Af Khan i Stan: The Insular Khanate, my sideshow project!

Af Khan i Stan is (obviously) an Afghanistan AAR which will last until I get crushed under the heel of Persia, or Russia, or Britain (or Natal!)... or until I become the largest Khanate since Genghis! :D

Af Khan i Stan will be quite different from my other AARs -- this one is VIP, and it also will be primarily gameplay in nature of the story.

Rensslaer

Fight For The Bonnie Blue Flag has over 50 replies.

I have added the latest Vickie Cross poll into the librAARy with the proper notations throughout. And I plan on doing a full update at the end of June. At that time I will also be making a list of those AARs finished in the first six months of this year for the next Vickie Cross poll. No word yet when that will run, but look for it most likely before the leaves begin to fall.

Whew! :D

After two years, and 124 pages, my Prussian/German AAR Fire Warms the Northern Lands is finally complete!

It covers the years from 1836 - 1936 if you count the epilogues.

An expansion into HOI 2 is plausible, but not really planned at this time. We'll have to see! :)

Thanks to everybody who was there for the ride! Especially you, Coz1, who was there from the very beginning!

Rensslaer

Well, the LibrAARy has finally been updated through the end of June. Nice work done by all. As always, please be sure to check your work and let me know if it needs any corrections. Feel free to PM or say so right here.

And recall that I try to list work at least a page long (25 posts), and preferably posts dedicated to the work itself. If you've just started an AAR and yours is not yet listed, give it time and it will be upon the next update.

Finally, I've just realized that last month was the two year anniversary of my becoming your VictAARian LibrAARian. And a pleasure it has been. It certainly assists me when trying to keep up with new work and old work alike, and I get to read almost everything here at some point or another (and even if only snippets.) This is a diverse bunch! :D

Anyway, beers for all (or milk and cookies for the young) for a job well done together. Write on. :)