• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

victims_sanction

Recruit
49 Badges
Aug 7, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
SinapFlag.png

The flag of the Free Sinapan Commonwealth
Background:

Molluscoid_massive_12.png

The Sinap species were introduced to the galaxy by a race they refer to as the Overlords. While they were still in the middle of a medieval age the Overlords came and settled on their home-world, Domanica. What commenced was centuries of genetic modification and enslavement. The SInap were modified to be strong and brutish. They were forced, through slavery to do all manner of physical labor - mostly on world.

The Overlords had a limited capacity for Sinapan slaves, however, and did not out right conquer the whole planet. Many small feudal kingdoms remained untouched during this period. It was these kingdoms that first began to organize the revolution by providing refuge for escaped slaves and bases of operation for the resistance once it began. All this they did as stealthily as possible, as they knew that if the Overlords caught wind of their assistance they could be easily discarded.

The Revolution:

The period that followed is collectively referred to as simply The Revolution. The grand strategy during the early years of The Revolution was to conduct a slow burn. The Sinapan knew that if they stood any chance of defeating the Overlords they would have to reverse engineer Overlord technology and bridge the gap between themselves and their captors technologically. Once they had a proper understanding of Overlord technology their first target was taking control of Overlord military outposts to gain control of the surface. To their benefit they were able to catch the invaders sleeping, they had no idea that a revolt on such a large and prepared level was coming.

With ground military bases under control the Sinap Revolutionary Forces went about liberating large population centers and focusing on capturing and repairing crashed space craft. During this stage the Overlords began to harshly bombard the planet, aiming for large population centers first and foremost - hoping that they could kill morale on the planet. Instead it invigorated those still not liberated into revolting on their own. All over Domanica the Sinap were breaking their chains.

After many years the Sinap were able to finally strike back in orbit with a fleet of reconstituted commercial ships and patched together military vessels that they had shot down. They made it to orbit and in the final battle of the revolution shot the Overlord capital ship out of the sky as they rest of the Overlord fleet retreated. The site the ship landed on the surface became a monument to the Revolution and Sinapan freedom.

Up next: The Construction Era _______________________________________________________________________________
About this AAR and what to expect:

Ok, so I am a big role player when it comes to Stellaris. I have a ton of custom made empires (altered versions of vanilla empires, Sci-Fi based empires, and empires created off races generated in random play throughs), probably about 30-40 in total. I like an element of randomness though so I play with random spawn on (and cranked up to 60 or 65%) so I get a solid mix of premade and random empires.

I also play a heavily modded game, like a lot of mods. For the most part I'll probably keep this role-play oriented so most of the in game functionality won't matter too much. I am using New Ship Classes, which apparently has a breaking change coming in the next few weeks. I've created a local backup of the current files in case it does break the save like they are claiming. If so hopefully the backup will allow me to continue this - otherwise I'll start another (with a different empire most likely).

At the moment I'm around 2250 in this save and like the way its shaping up in terms of narrative. I already have a nice backlog of interesting places, people, events, and stories that I hope to share.

The Construction Era

Following their victory over the Overlords the Sinap convened a council in order to create a system of governance that would prevent the type of tyrannical rule they witnessed at the hands of the Overlords. The result of the council was the creation of the Free Sinapan Commonwealth under the Freedom Accords. The Freedom Accords are the founding documents of the government and lay out its power, structure, and a set of rights that are nearly absolute.

The first part of the Accords lays out the structure and authority of the government. At the highest level the government consists of a Lord Protector, who serves as both Head of State and Head of Government, and the Council of Lords. The Council of Lords is a representative body whose members are elected by citizens of each province to represent the province. The provinces were first drawn when the Freedom Accords went into effect. [This is also the start of the Sinapan timekeeping. The year the Accords went into effect are called 1 PF (Post-Freedom)] The Accords also lay out a representation rate which prevents any province from having too many people relative to any other - this keeps the system properly representative. The only exception to this is the Councilor of Legacy. This seat on the Council of Lords is reserved for a member to be selected by the Old Houses. The Old Houses represent the Kingdoms of Old that helped shelter and support the revolution in its early years. In exchange for giving up their soverignty and joining the Commonwealth they were given a permanent seat on the Council independent of any other stipulations. The Lord Protector is the head of the Council and selects which laws receive votes (simple majority).

The second part of the Accords lay out 5 Absolute Rights which can not be infringed and which the Sinap to be the key to preventing tyranny.

The Tyranny Prevention Accord
All Sinapans receive martial training and weapon ownership is mandatory. The believe is that a sufficiently armed and trained population can help curb any progression towards tyrannical behavior. The other belief is that by having a trained and well armed population the Commonwealth will be safer should the Overlords, or a similarly motivated empire, turn up on Domanica.

The Public Wellness Accord
Healthcare of the general population is considered an important right. Much like the Tyranny Prevention Accord a healthy and vigorous population is necessary to fight off any would-be tyrants. To this end the care of all citizens is guaranteed.

The Enlightenment Accord
The Enlightenment Accord guarantees a free and worthy education for all citizens. With the adoption of a democratic system the Sinapan considered the education of the population an absolute must in order to have a population that would be able to make the right decisions in future elections. This Accord was expanded in 25 PF with an amendment that abolished any form of privatized education. While the Sinapan public system was thriving many had begun to notice a large disparity between the public system and the private system used by those of the Old Houses and other wealthy members of society. Following a large grass roots campaign against the private system the Council of Lords and the Lord Protector at the time made the first and only amendment to the Accords by outright banning private education.

The Free Information Accord
This Accord bans the government from owning, influencing, or suppressing any form of media.

The Freedom of Expression Accord
The final Accord ensures that all people are allowed to express their opinions peacefully. It also protects any political party or movement from oppression and censorship.

Finally, at the end the Council the Sinapans revealed their flag. A black cross on a red field, with a bright gold torch in the middle. The black is said to represent the extermination of the black rule of the Overlords, but also the end of tyranny everywhere. The red field is for the lives that were sacrificed in the pursuit of freedom. The torch is referred to as the Eternal Flame of Liberty, the symbol of the Commonwealth and of its virtues and ideals.

It looks like a good story, i hope the Sinapans get stronger before encountering the Overlords again.

The Mandatory martial training and weapon ownership clause of the Tyranny Prevention Accord kinda reminds me of Switzerland in a way. The fear of being attacked/conquered a second time will keep the Sinapen Army well funded and supplied for generations to come.

Molluscoid_massive_15.png

The Pasceal Kingdom

The Pasceal are an amphibious race that for centuries remained undersea until rapid industrialization on the surface by a separate race, the Xamir, threatened their existence. They acted quickly, invading the surface, killing as many Xamir as they could, and driving the rest off of the planet. Their government is a theocratic form of a monarchy where the ruler also serves as head of the church. Their religion, Pascealism, believes that planets and stars are gods and that their homeworld, Xarmir, has served them and cradled them to accomplish greatness. The God Xarmir is the highest ranking god in their Pantheon. They also believe that the ruler is blessed by the planet to protect it and to lead their people forward.

The Pasceal are located to the galactic North of the Sinap, with a single entry point - the Caca system. Within the Caca system the Sinap have built a military base - The Paceal Border Outpost. The Outpost is configured to be able to hold a large fleet with enough supplies and boarding for all required crew. The system is also just a few jumps for Domanica so the supply line is very quick in the event of any unforeseen circumstance.

The Pasceal were the first other galactic empire met by the Sinap, and they did not take well to each other. During the election of 2210 Forth'lin, who won the election for Lord Protector, made a large point of antagonizing the theocratic monarchy and claiming that democracy needed to be brought to the Pascealian population. In response the Pasceal propaganda began to paint the Sinap as intruders in the galaxy and a threat to the planet-Gods. They stated that Sinap colonization was a desecration of the worlds they touched.

Will follow

Subbed!