• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(88777)

Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Greetings HOI2 players.

May I proudly present to you the liberia goverment and random parlement.
This will be a strictly role play AAR becous with Liberia well you wont do much, but we will at least try.

This is HOI 2 v1.00
On easy, (Yes I know its sad :p ).

People will be able to choose from the ministers that are available. I will be the head of the government and ultimately the one in charge. I will try to give some interresting events in this AAR but I will not mingel in the political brawl I will only impliment the dessisions. Also when you are saying something IN CARACTER Mark it with IC. The rest of the posters will be parliment members. These will have no real power but can ofcourse mingel in the political brawl. Note that if you want to become a minister I expect you will post regulary. If you can't don't become a minister.

Now if someone can explain me how to change minister names then these will also be Implemented in the AAR. The same goes for commanders and admirals.

Without further lecturing, our glorious nation.
EU320080327205940HOI.jpg

All hail our leaders.
EU320080331155346.jpg

Our amazing industry.
EU320080402210450.jpg

Our advancedness.
EU320080402210457.jpg

Our government, the complete one.
EU320080402210504.jpg

I will keep A list of who is which minister.

Head of State - Bob the Duke
Head of Government - Bob the Duke
Foreign Minister - Inner Circle
Armaments Minister - Auric deGoldfinger (D-G-F)
Minister of Security - Reno Vercetti
Head of Intelligence - Wilegfass
Chief of Staff - Von Perkele
Chief of the Army - hgt
Chief of the Navy - Inner Circle
Chief of the Air Force

Last edited:
Pretty pleaaase. :D
I didn't want to ruin my cool previous post :cool: , so this is where I'd like to start pleaing. :rofl:
If you get all the minister names, I can create them and send you the file needed. I can also help with minister pictures and maybe a lot else. Just ask. ;)

Looks interesting... Will you actually do anything, like help in WWII? I guess you could dow vichy france while in the allies, but you wouldn't get much usefull land.
Head of intel please.

I would be Chief of the Navy!

here´s a pic
AlBundy.jpg

thx
Inner Circle

PS: Vanilla Hio2 only? Why don´t you use a patch/Doomsday/Armageddon?

D-G-F: Thanks for your support but I would like to do it myself. I want to know how to change them. Can you pleas give me instructions about it.

Wilegfass: Ofcours I will atack vichy when the time is right, but first lets concerne us with internal insted of external affairs :cool: .

Inner Circle: Great to have you aboard. I only got HOI2 in the 5 quid bin, I cant order them any more from my retail stores and I dislike ordering online becous of bad experiences in the past. Dont know wy I diddn't update :confused: maybe something for the future.

Seems interesting, and I would like to be the Minister of Security. :)
Name : Reno Vakhrev
Reno.png

Traits : Man of the People :D

Please tell me if you need more informations. ;)

Last edited:
Bob the Duke said:
D-G-F: Thanks for your support but I would like to do it myself. I want to know how to change them. Can you pleas give me instructions about it.

No problem Duke. :)
The Wiki has an entry regarding minister file modifying, but it seem messy enough for me, so here we go:
There's two way to do it: Text editing files and Using the Editor.

1. Text editing:
First open up: YourHoI2folder/db/ministers/ministers_lib.csv
Here's an example.
69001;Head of State;Edwin J. Barclay;36;SC;Barking Buffoon;High;M69001;x
This give you information about:
  • The ID of the minister - 69001
  • The position the minister fulfills in the cabinet - Head of State
  • The minister's name - Edwin J. Barclay
  • The starting-year; checks minister avaibility - 36
  • The minister's ideology - SC
  • The minister's trait - Barking Buffoon
  • The minister's loyalty; checks if minister can be eliminated via event - High
  • The minister's picture file - M69001
The "x" at the end of the line marks that you've finished adding additional iinformation on one certain minister.
Here are a few hints on Minister Traits.

If you wish to make a whole new cabinet instead of modifying an existing one in the txt-file, just copy & paste the following line into "ministers_lib.csv":
ID;POSITION;NAME;STARTINGYEAR;IDEOLOGY;PERSONALITY/TRAIT;LOYALTY;PICTUREID;x
Edit this text according to the desired minister's character.
I recommend this way, as the editor tends to generally screw things up...

2. Modding with the Editor:
Open up the editor from your main HoI2 folder and select "Ministers". A window will pop-up with two boxes and a few lines. The smaller box contains country tags; select "LIB". Now you can scroll thru the upper-box, that contains all the ministers. From now you can either click on one of them and modify at will, which is quite self-explanatory; or you may create a completely new cabinet clicking on "NEW" in the lower-right corner.

Adding pictures:
Go inside: YourHoI2folder/GFX/Interface/pics. You have to put your minister pictures inside this directory;
  • The image size must be: 36 x 50
  • The extension must be .bmp
Once you have an image in the directory, copy & paste it's name under the minister of your choice. The name goes to the line under the small picture you see on the right.

Last edited:
Bob the Duke said:
Reno Vercetti: Welkome to my little AAR, great to have you in.

D-G-F: You instructions were very precise thank you.

Just wait a little while longer till more posts get occupied.
Thanks. :D
Yet I just found out that I mistyped my name, it should be Reno Vakhrev. :eek:o
Please correct it if possible? :)

Reno Vercetti: No problem.
HGT: I only have HOI2 so I cant use desert fox and elastic defense, so pleas chose a new set of skills. I will add the pic if you will be so kind to shrink the sise for me.

We only need 3 more ministers and we can start.

Last edited:
Here's hgt's minister and leader pic.:
hgt.jpg

Also, BigBird seemed to be interested in the "Foreign Minister" position. ;)

Bob the Duke said:
Reno Vercetti: No problem.
HGT: I only have HOI2 so I cant use desert fox and elastic defense, so pleas chose a new set of skills. I will add the pic if you will be so kind to shrink the sise for me.

We only need 3 more ministers and we can start.

Ok:defensive doctrine and static defense(I hope they are from HOI2)
if not:any other thing

thanks D-G-F that looks nice! :rolleyes:

With the agree of our great leader,I would like to present an army reformation plan.

D-G-F: Thanks
hgt: HOI2 dous not have static def so instead I made you and engineer, def doctrine is as requested.

IC: You have my permission to present the reformation plan, field marshal/minister hgt. :IC

as chief of the navy, i would like to be also a naval leader if it´s ok?!

btw: what trait have you chosen for me as minister? if nothing than add Decisive Naval Battle Doctrine to me please...

Bob the Duke said:
Inner Circle: You have the trait decisive navel battle doctrine. And congratulations grand admiral Inner Circle (Bundy) :p

yay! Grand Admiral!!! :D

After we have the complete cabinet, do we have the chance to get new techteams?