• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vogard

Private
70 Badges
Sep 17, 2020
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
So i noticed in a team game with a player as my vassal i think i was getting 'double' the levies from my vassal.
SITUATION:
So my vassal had 10k troops of his own of which i was getting 6k of because he was tribal.
I would raise all my levies and have 30k
He would join my war and still raise his own 10K

This is netting me 16k in troops from a vassal whose 'total levies' (accordging to realm screen) is 10k

Or is there something i am missing

I would provide screenshots but am at work

The levies you get from your vassals are removed from the levies the vassal can raise themselves - if you get 100% of your vassal's levies (which you can as a tribal ruler with maxed out fame), your vassal will have no levies whatsoever. The vassal simply cannot use the levies owed to the liege.

Reactions:
If that was the case then why is there a 'total levies' and a "contribution %" section of their levies?

yes i know you can get 100% of their levies as you can see i am doing here (reduced because not de jure liege).. but i'm willing to bet that if that vassal were to fight in a war they would still raise 847 troops

1603405948827.png

sorry i missuderstood the question.. the vassal in question is in a game i no longer have.

but the same premise is there.. thevassal will still retain its full troops even after the liege raises the levies that they are owed

sorry i missuderstood the question.. the vassal in question is in a game i no longer have.

but the same premise is there.. thevassal will still retain its full troops even after the liege raises the levies that they are owed
AH, okay that makes way more sense lol.

I had assumed you were still on the same game, my bad.

If that was the case then why is there a 'total levies' and a "contribution %" section of their levies?

yes i know you can get 100% of their levies as you can see i am doing here (reduced because not de jure liege).. but i'm willing to bet that if that vassal were to fight in a war they would still raise 847 troops

There's been a lot of confusion over this display. If you have a liege, compare your contract with your levies and you'll see where the problem is. I currently have 1772/2304 levies. My contract shows "Contributed Levies: Total Levies: 1034, Contribution: 35% = 361. Note that Total Levies is much less than what I have available and less than 50% what I have total. I also have no special contracts and only have War Declaration Sanctioned right now, which doesn't affect levies. I don't think anyone has really determined how to properly read that tooltip. I would guess, based on this data, that even at 100% contribution, you can only get 50% of the actual total number of levies a vassal has (note it states "Contributed levies" before the percentage is taken out). I'm assuming my max isn't accurate (it often changes when you raise/disband your levies) and it may actually be that my maximum levies is 2068 (2x what is says my total contributed levies is), though I don't know that for certain. I'd have to wait until my levies stop reinforcing to find out for certain.

Maybe someone else can figure out if that's a correct guess or if something else is at work. This guess does make some sense, though. Especially in tribal, if you can get 100%, then since your vassal can't raise levies assigned to you, they'd have no levies at all and could never go to war.

I just checked one of my vassals, they have 1827 levies total and am giving me 1096 of them, i switched to them and they can only raise about 800 levies. If you are seeing extra levies, they might be from mercs or allies.