• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
leviathanwarshipslogoti.png

Hello guys! Here are some information regarding the release of Leviathan: Warships, which I hope will answer any questions you may have.

Information regarding purchasing the game

When is the game released?
- April 30th 2013 for PC and Mac
- May 2 2013 for iOS and Android

On what platforms is the game available?
- PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7) and Mac (OS X 10.6.8 or later) as well as Android and Apple tablets and phones with enough screen size. Please see the system requirements for more info.

Where can I buy the game?
- You can find retailers here (http://www.leviathanwarships.com/buy)

Will I receive the tablet versions of the game if I buy the PC/Mac version (or the other way around)?
- No. I'm afraid that PC/Mac is sold as one unit and the Android and Apple versions are separate versions. If you want to play the game across all available platforms, you would have to buy it 3 times.

Where is the pre-order bonus for my Android/Apple version of the game?
- I'm afraid that the design of the Android and Apple appstores does not allow for us to give you pre-order bonuses. Sorry!

I have the Marauder pack on my PC/Mac version, but not on my tablet. How does that work?
- You will still be able to play with your account on both platforms. You will even be able to continue a started game using Marauder units on your tablet. You will not be able to start new games from your tablet using the Marauder units however. Unless you also purchase the Marauder pack on your tablet.

Why was the iOS and Android release moved?
- The release version of Leviathan: Warships didn't point to the correct server, which made multiplayer unplayable. It's a small fix and a patch have been submitted to Apple and Google, but updating on tablets takes time as the app needs to go through another review. The game will release on 2/5 2013.

I bought the iOS-version before it was pulled down, what happens to my game?
- You can still play single player, and once the patch is live your game will update. You don't need to re-download.

I have problems with my purchase at the Paradox Webshop
- Please consult the webshop FAQ: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/faq

Forum related information

Can I register the game on these forums and get a shiny icon?
- If you own the Mac or PC version of the game, yes. Sadly iPad and Android apps does not come with CD keys. We are still pondering how this could be solved for tablet games.

I just registered on these forums and I can't post anything
- Make sure you verified your email address by clicking a link sent to you when registering your account. You should also register your CD key here on the forums under "My Games". Sadly this does not apply for tablet users, you will have to wait for the 5 day anti-spam period. Sorry!

I have questions or problems and would like to ask the developers about it
- Please try to name forum threads so that they properly describe the content of your post. Examples, BAD: "HELP!!!!", Good: "Help! I can't buy the game for my <model> tablet!".

Technical information

Where do I turn for technical support?
- The Technical support forums is a good place to start. You can also email support@paradoxplaza.com.

I have a tablet version and cannot enter the Technical Support forum
- Please open a new thread in the general forums of Leviathan Warships. As we do not have a way to distribute keys to tablet versions of the game, you cannot enter the Technical Support forum when you are owning the game on a tablet. Bugs and PC/Mac technical issues will always be moved to the Tech support forum, and require you to have the game Leviathan Warships registered on our forums to enter. More information here

I did not receive my confirmation email when I created my game account!
- Check your spam folder! Try another email address if you can not find it.

I am unable to purchase the DLC's in-game, when I click on "Buy" nothing happens.
- Please make sure you have "Steam in-game overlay" enabled. Go to the steam settings, click on the tab "IN-GAME" and check if you have "Enable steam community in-game" enabled. If this did not work for you, open a topic in the Technical support forums.

Other questions

Is there a manual for Leviathan Warships?
- Currently there is no manual available for the game, however there is a "How to 123 by the community" available with a lot of information about the game and how to get started.

When switching servers, my profile and fleets do not get carried over.
- Currently there is no synchronization between servers, this means that your profile and fleet set-up will not be carried over to other servers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the game pre-ordered for PC, and if I want to play on my tablet I'll will I have to buy the marauder unit pack separately for the tablet version?

Updated FAQ with:

I have the Marauder pack on my PC/Mac version, but not on my tablet. How does that work?
- You will still be able to play with your account on both platforms. You will even be able to continue a started game using Marauder units on your tablet. You will not be able to start new games from your tablet using the Marauder units however. Unless you also purchase the Marauder pack on your tablet.

Updated the FAQ with:
Why was the iOS and Android release moved?
The release version of Leviathan: Warships didn't point to the correct server, which made multiplayer unplayable. It's a small fix and a patch have been submitted to Apple and Google, but updating on tablets takes time as the app needs to go through another review. The game will release on 2/5 2013.

I bought the iOS-version before it was pulled down, what happens to my game?
You can still play single player, and once the patch is live your game will update. You don't need to re-download.

i bought the pc version of the game, will there eventually be any support for getting access to the special tablet style interface for my surface tablet if i install it up there?

Hi, my situation: I like to play games with my frinds while I'm commuting, but only have an iPhone and an iPad (one). So currently no luck for me, so my question: are there any plans to either lift the resolution requirements or make this game available for iOS 5 devices?

i bought the game and registered my game under the forum's My Games tag. however, when I try to loggin in game, it still ask me for verification code which I never received.

This is not related to the forum registration whatsoever. When you create an account in the game you are supposed to receive a confirmation email with a code. If you did not receive it, it most likely got stuck in the spamfilter :/ Check your spamfilter or try another email address. Sorry that it is such a hassle for you.

Updated FAQ with:

I have a tablet version and cannot enter the Technical Support forum
- Please open a new thread in the general forums of Leviathan Warships. As we do not have a way to distribute keys to tablet versions of the game, you cannot enter the Technical Support forum when you are owning the game on a tablet. Bugs and PC/Mac technical issues will always be moved to the Tech support forum, and require you to have the game Leviathan Warships registered on our forums to enter. More information here

I am unable to purchase the DLC's in-game, when I click on "Buy" nothing happens.
- Please make sure you have "Steam in-game overlay" enabled. Go to the steam settings, click on the tab "IN-GAME" and check if you have "Enable steam community in-game" enabled. If this did not work for you, open a topic in the Technical support forums.

Other questions

Is there a manual for Leviathan Warships?
- Currently there is no manual available for the game, however there is a "How to 123 by the community" available with a lot of information about the game and how to get started.

When switching servers, my profile and fleets do not get carried over.
- Currently there is no synchronization between servers, this means that your profile and fleet set-up will not be carried over to other servers.