• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Hello everyone!

The moment Stellaris came out, I knew I wanted to do an AAR, but I've been waiting for the right time. The release of Utopia is that right time! I'm also taking my first steps in the LP genre with my YouTube channel. (I have played other games for the channel, but we won't talk about those here. :) )

The subject of this venture will be the people of Krikkit, a wronged people in literature. They are just a bunch of really sweet guys who want to end all life in the Universe (or for our purposes, the Galaxy) except for themselves. I will be playing as Fanatical Purifiers, and we will build lots of robots! (We may pursue the Synthesis Ascension path, but we will see.)

Shortly after Utopia is released tomorrow, I plan to begin posting episodes. I will share them here, of course, as well as on YouTube. I hope you'll join me and enjoy!

(Bonus points to anybody who gets the literary reference.)

Table of Contents
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Post-Mortem

Last edited:
Oh no, even the LP has infected Avindian! :p ;)

Oh no, even the LP has infected Avindian! :p ;)

Don't worry, I'm still going to write AARs (probably). :) Videos take me so much less time than AARs, though!

I rarely follow let's plays. I can read fast, but a 20 minute episode still takes 20 minutes ;) . So I can't promise to follow, but I wonder if a sperm whale and a bowl of petunias might figure?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy references: good.
Videos: not so good.

I'll probably still give it a watch and see from there.

I rarely follow let's plays. I can read fast, but a 20 minute episode still takes 20 minutes ;) . So I can't promise to follow, but I wonder if a sperm whale and a bowl of petunias might figure?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy references: good.
Videos: not so good.

I'll probably still give it a watch and see from there.

I appreciate the honesty from both of you. :) We'll see what people think once it gets going!

I appreciate the honesty from both of you. :) We'll see what people think once it gets going!

At the least, may you find an audience of people who enjoy LPs! I just know my interest doesn't tend to lie that way.

As I say, I have nothing against the format except it involves time I don't always have. Perhaps in ten years' time and my daughter is a teenager and doesn't want to do anything with us :D

I resisted LPs for a long time, until I discovered that I could listen to them while doing mundane tasks and/or working. I treat them kind of like podcasts (not to be confused with podcats). For some games, obviously, you need to be able to see what's going on, but for Paradox games, I can kind of picture stuff in my head.

Resistance is futile in the end, great. That's my take away from this. :p

Now I have to make the decision to "subscribe" on YT or, having just subscribed to the thread, wait and see...come to think of it, there's not much of a difference! :rolleyes:

Well, now you better not disappoint us Avindian with your LP, I have high standards for you. :D

I tend to watch YT whilst doing stuff in the kitchen.

Resistance is futile in the end, great. That's my take away from this. :p

Now I have to make the decision to "subscribe" on YT or, having just subscribed to the thread, wait and see...come to think of it, there's not much of a difference! :rolleyes:

Well, now you better not disappoint us Avindian with your LP, I have high standards for you. :D

I'll do my best! :)

I tend to watch YT whilst doing stuff in the kitchen.

I really got hooked on YouTube when I was living with family for a short time. I'd watch on my tablet because we only had my laptop, and my wife usually had that.

I got my key a few minutes ago, but I have work until 9:30 AM EDT. :( Expect the first episode around 10:00 AM EDT? Maybe 10:30? My episodes tend to run long.

Well I am on holiday right now. Will have to wait until the weekend before I get a chance to watch.

Episode #1 is now available for your viewing pleasure! It's a bit longer but also has a lot more introductory stuff in it than future episodes will. I hope you enjoy!

Dear god, you've got two iAARs, a normal AAR, and now are doing an LP. I usually feel overworked just managing my one iAAR. I don't know how you do it and not wear yourself out. :eek:

I see my sentiment towards LPs is shared by many. For me it's more that I don't have the patience to sit though a 20+ minute stream-like video, and since I practically live on YouTube these days I have more than enough videos to watch while doing something else. I pretty much need the slow boring bits cut out or short videos to keep me interested. However, I always know to expect good stuff from you so I might actually check it out. Just not now since it's almost 3am. :p

Finds out about new Avi Lp. Instantly subs.

Good luck on your adventures in space.

Thank you and welcome! :)

Dear god, you've got two iAARs, a normal AAR, and now are doing an LP. I usually feel overworked just managing my one iAAR. I don't know how you do it and not wear yourself out. :eek:

I see my sentiment towards LPs is shared by many. For me it's more that I don't have the patience to sit though a 20+ minute stream-like video, and since I practically live on YouTube these days I have more than enough videos to watch while doing something else. I pretty much need the slow boring bits cut out or short videos to keep me interested. However, I always know to expect good stuff from you so I might actually check it out. Just not now since it's almost 3am. :p

It's all about pacing, my friend. :)

Episode 2 will be uploaded in a few hours! I hope people are enjoying the first episode!

Episode #2 has been on YouTube for a while, but I took a nap and forgot to post it here. Whoops!

Well back home now and I have subscribed to the channel. I might be able to watch episode 1 this weekend, with any luck.

Okay decided to stay up and watch the first episode. Enjoyed, will try and watch second. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

And I realised you play OOTP18. OOTP is one of the games I dearly dearly wished I had time to play.