• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Hello everyone! My original plan, once I decided I was going to do an LP of HOI IV, was Austria-Hungary, but since so many other people have gone that road, let's try something different: Communist Hungary! We don't need Austria unless they are in their proper place. IRL, Kun died either in 1938 or 1939, so I'm not sure who our leader will be once we go Communist. Our goal is to retake the old Austro-Hungarian Empire, but in our own name, not that of Austria. Secondarily, we might expand into Italy; northern Italy belonged to the Austro-Hungarian Empire at one point, but central Italy did not. I don't plan on expanding much outside of Europe, but we'll see.

Our first episode will go live 15 June 2017, with new episodes three times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday). There will be a break of about a week or so, as I'm moving, but hopefully I'll have internet up and ready to go before too long.

Table of contents
Episode #1
Episode #2
Episode #3
Episode #4

Last edited:
Reforming Austria-Hungary as Hungary should be interesting, especially a communist Hungary. Hopefully you can get the Soviets on your side before the Germans start getting aggressive.

Subscribed. Very suspenseful, although I think you will run out of time to get Austria.

Episode #2:

BTW, for people new to HOI IV, I can do more "tutorialy" stuff if people want.

Civil wars in the USSR and Yugoslavia, the Allies defending Czechoslovakia, and the Soviet Union attacking the Allies. When you picked the ahistorical route, the game certainly delivered. Poland is probably happy with how things are going at least, since they're being left alone for now. :p

France and Romania are traitors to the proletariat, joining the Allies instead of the Comintern. At least Romania has paid for that crime.

That was hilariously frustrating!

Episode #3:

If all goes according to plan with the move, your next episode should be Thursday, 29 June.

Last edited:
I wonder how the Allies will fare now that France has sold itself out to the British. Never seen that happen before.

RIP Poland. I always hope they somehow escape from being swallowed by the Germans, but it never seems to happen.

Episodes will resume tomorrow, even though it's an American holiday. :)

That German juggernaut just keeps expanding. A war between the Soviets and Germany might not bode well for Hungary.

Here's hoping the war turns out well. The Soviets have been biding their time, so hopefully they just roll into Germany for you so you can focus on Yugoslavia.

Episode #6:

Video is taking a bit longer to process, but should be up within one to minutes, based on my experience.

That was certainly a major change. The Soviets just rolled over the Germans. So generous of them to give you control of half of Germany too. Glory to Hungary!

If you'd like to vote on my next let's play, have a vote!

It's easier to vote if the link works. :) Sorry about that everyone!

Seems like the Soviet steamroller is continuing to hand your over land, although your gains in Italy weren't small change either. The Eternal City is a nice addition, as always.