• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The reason I was suggesting to get rid of the HRE is that without it Lotharingia or Bohemia can grow to be a decent Germany which would be good for the balance of power. Not to mention you end up emperor more often than not in my tests.

I have more things to add but right now I really think I ought to do some work.:cool:

Thanks Blackmist. Also:

• Did you you give another try to the converter ? Regarding the "Georgian" aka "CK berber" condundrum the correct culture for these provinces should be Maghreb arabic (Maghreb means west, literally) (yes Berbers are not Arabs but they never got to Spain either so clearly in CK they stand for Arabs). The so-cold "Maghreb arabic" should be something else, maybe al-Suryah.
  • On a related note, maybe we should start recruiting our EU3 players ? That would allow us to prepare the ground, and maybe some of them who don't care much for CK itself would be willing to come and play a few weeks to get immediately a working kingdom after the conversion.
  • On a related note : is the playtime still OK for you ? I have some margin to shift it either way, but it should be agreed too before we start getting other people on board.
  • we will need to mod the game to an extent because country-specific events and decisions are a no. Anyway it's not too big a problem because EU3 is great with regard to mod compatibility (no need to carry seven different versions on his computers hurrah)
  • That's it (for now.)
:cool:

I did a conversion of our last save and was generally happy with how it sorted things out. Still not perfect but that can happen with manually editing what needs to be changed.

The culture issue I think will be handled by looking at what culture is supposed to be there in EU3 at our start time and putting it there, making adjustments for provinces that have been converted to Norman ect. by players. Figure that will be the easiest way but if you have another suggestion let me know.

As for time I don't mind where we are at now but I am also flexible to an extent. Can't get earlier in the day but later is fine if it will pick up more players.

If you want to start trying to get players for EU3 I am fine with that. I was thinking it would be nice to take a week off after ck (maybe 2) to make sure the conversion is done properly, but if I probably don't need that much time to do it, just makes it more relaxed.

Do you know of a way to turn off the events and decisions for nations in the save file or will we have to create a mod to shut those off? I'm also not familiar with the nation specific stuff so is there a reason they need to be shut off balance wise or is it just a preference?

I can post the last conversion if you want but it just shifted what nations are freed as vassals so its not much different from the last one I put up. I wont really be able to do much work until we have our final save game which should be another 3 weeks I'm thinking, assuming we continue to hit at least 12 years a week.

Bad news from my end. Turns out EU3 wasn't working because I don't have the needed graphics capabilities. Also My desktop tower is too small for a video card, so I am stuck with my chipset.

Very disappointing. :(

I may be as late as one hour tonight, so do not way for me guys. :mad:

You do direct the program to your modded directory, don't you ?

Behold :

1379.jpg

Whenever I pointed it to my modded game folder it would freeze up, but it works great with the non-modded game so I am not sure what the problem is as it worked fine for you. Europe is looking nice with some decent size nations. Once Sicily is free there should be some decent options for players in EU3 to join in - assuming things don't go wrong in the last 20 years of course.

Hope things go well for you tommorow Kuipy :).

So Gorgo, do you want to stay with Andalusia or to retake Sweden ? I'll keep whichever one you chose guarded during the EU3 years.

I'll join as who-ever if you guys want, I'm flexible time wise. If I did join in, I'd want Byz-no one is playing byz right? I heard it mentioned that it was AI- Gotta, resurrect that old Roman Empire, the fact that it fared somewhat better in that game, then it did in real life is cool imho.

Last edited:
I have no problem with you joining as Byz. We only have 6 and a half years to play in CK before we convert to EU3 IN which we will be finishing up this Friday starting 9 pm eastern/7 mountain. We use hamachi channel Kuipy01 password Kuipy01 (case sensitive). Hope to see you on Friday.