• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(267)

Captain
Sep 5, 2000
Visit site
I think we should plan a game. since we're planning an EU game then I don't see why Johan would object. I mean it's not off topic.
anyway, if you're interested than post which nation you're going to pick.

------------------
THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE HETMAN POLSKI.

Turkey, of course, lots of travels and sun.

But in the future, i would be interested to play Spain, England and France at first then any other one.
---------------------------------------------
'Wars are not won by big armies but by good ones' Marshal Saxe

[This message has been edited by Crusader (edited 07-10-2000).]

ok,
Crusader will be the mighty Ottoman Empire.
I will be 'The Glorious Commonwealth' (Poland)
I think Vurbil will play as France.
--------------------------------------------
to crusader:
I was thinking that we could ally and partition Russia, so I wouldn't have any enemies in the east. Then I would annex Crimea, and I'll start building a navy in the black sea. when my navy is strong enough, you, France, and I will take all major COT's in the mediterrean. we must crush Genoa before they get frisky. then we can take apart the Italian minors, and make me the head of the Roman Catholic faith. then we can partition Austria and Hungary. and when we're strong enough we'll put an end to the HRE.

------------------

i don't know if it's just me, but I tend to be interested more in playing minor nations than any other big-shots... i wonder how easy it is to 'hack' the game. I'd love to struggle as Switzerland (Helvetia), Siam, Bavaria, or dunno--maybe even Oman or Morocco. I hope these guys get technological improvements and all...

Originally posted by Generalfeldmarschall:
i will choose to be PRUSSIA!
Ducal Prussia?
exelent choice. You'll be my vassal.
but don't double-cross me or I'll feed you to Sweden.

------------------

Originally posted by tuna:
i don't know if it's just me, but I tend to be interested more in playing minor nations than any other big-shots... i wonder how easy it is to 'hack' the game. I'd love to struggle as Switzerland (Helvetia), Siam, Bavaria, or dunno--maybe even Oman or Morocco. I hope these guys get technological improvements and all...
As has been mentioned many times previously, it is very simple to make a normally unplayable country playable. However, you might want to look for minor nations that still have some power. I think that Switzerland is only one province, and most nonwestern nations have severely restricted technology. Bavaria isn't a bad choice, though.

hrm, i guess you're right, Switzerland may be a looong shot indeed. still keeping the faith for Thailand though, i wonder if i can make a Siamese colony out of Australia =)j/k
by the way, by severe tech restrictions, do you mean slow development, or an eventual, all-together halt of inventions?

Some nations just have technological handicaps, e.g. latin nations. As for handicaps for countries in Asia, they're there probably to restict China annexing Russia and building a European empire This is Europa Universalis after all ..

I personally dislike the idea of handicaps witrh regards to European nations. It portrays a misguided view that only western countries had the tech to 'make it' whether its regards to infrastructure or military capabilities. This of course is a silly and outdated view.

Sapura

I choose Venetia. :)

------------------
'A set of local sovereign states can be no more than a transitory political configuration.'- Toynbee

Mariani,
exelent choice.
will your genoan friend like to join our little game planning?

------------------

Laruku, Since you're going to be Spain, then I must ask you something.
how attached are you to the Balearic Islands?

P.S. beware Venice and Genoa on the day of the Dutch uprising.

------------------

YES!!! the release date is getting closer and closer!!! I can even smell the gamebox!!!
I don´t care if I have to buy the Swedish version (i´m from the Basque Country) because right now I´m in Sweden (I`m exchange student in a Swedish university). So, this game can help me with Swedish language too!!

Aitor

Well, it looks like Sweden is left for me. Nice! I can just say, beware your northen borders Hetman.... however I can settle with some Russian areas, like Novgorod, instead if you choose to be an trustworthy (??!!?!!) ally....

/Janus