• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Opposite Opinion, just as flawed but just as right.

The game is not being developed by PI, but it was their idea and they shipped it out to potential developers. I imagine that means PI will have a lot of creative muscle to make sure it is a game they will be proud of.

That made me laugh, let's hope you are right! It'd be nice to branch out!

Now, we need to get in the proper mood. Here is the intro to syndicate wars in glorious 1996 cgi!

[video=youtube;CrruSboN1bQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrruSboN1bQ[/video]

This is the Syndicate thing Fredrik mentioned a few months ago in an interview!!!

ps. !!!
Link to interview? It's really good to hear paradox employee's views on things including their own experience with game development etc.

A good friend of mine would also find that buying all (major i.e. eu3+xps, hoi+xps victoria 2+xps or at least all strategy or rts related ones) paradox games and only contributing to the field of modding or guide writing or any way he can be of use in the technical not opinion sense for as many months as they see fit would be a good possible way to get unpermanently banned while also hopefully doing paradox good, however he recognises it's paradox's forums and games so they really should be able to do what they want and to say otherwise is very silly.

Last edited:
I have a feeling this will be one of the games Paradox pays to have developed by someone else that is not part of it's usually repertoire (HoI/Vicky/E.U., etc.) that will fall flat on it's face (i.e. "Rise of Prussia", "Ship Simulators Extreme", "Dark Horizon").

Whenever Paradox releases something out of it's norm or is developed out of house, it's usually not that great. :/

You mean like Magicka, Warband, etc?

You mean like Magicka, Warband, etc?
Yes, those too. Obviously that's a prediction about the future so if I'm going to generalise I don't want to get myself stuck into buying infinite numbers of fps games I'd never play past the official demo. I would however do this even if I remain permanently banned from paradox forums, and I will buy every game that was present on my hard drive which I didn't have a cd copy of if presented with evidence to suggest that.
E.g. both my stronghold and stronghold crusader discs is actually scratched and a good friend of mine may have downloaded it.

A good friend of mine might add, quote changing is a common habit on a forum I post on called TA however it is not welcome on other forums hence why it isn't done(and which I have only done once on a forum which a good friend of mine got a warn for and then discontinued using that... when a good friend of mine was like 12/13).
Also, when it is done on TA it's usually accompanied with the term "fixed" written somewhere in the post after the quote. To suggest that someone means something different to what they actually said. It is quite mean, but it's generally done transparently.

A good friend of mine is mostly a multiplayer FPS gamer, someone who isn't me realise there aren't many singleplayer fps's someone who isn't me enjoys hence why I added the bit about the demo. A good friend of mine realises that they are a total hypocrite for certain actions taken in their life and wishes to make up for them as soon as they have a full time job or 5+ hour a week job (including about 30% [10% for each] of their first and every pay after going towards things in the creative arts/music, games, movies etc until everything they consume is legitimate, there is generally an exception within the psytrance scene [which artists don't mind that if you don't listen to an album more than once you don't have to buy it, but so long as that rule is personally inforced by the listener then it shouldn't matter]). Previously someone who isn't me rationalised this as having a giant collection possibly when they are older, but concidering how someone who isn't me's education is going it should start immediately or almost immediately.

Last edited:
Never even heard of Syndicate...or this game for that matter. I will have to keep an eye on it.

There were some excellent "outside" games. CiM for example. Sadly most of those outside titles don't seem to get enough budget and time to actually create something as big and complicated as a typical in-house Paradox game.

Imagine CiM with 5 programmers, not 1...

I'd like to see Paradox taking a shot at an Uplink-style game. Uplink was a game where you played as a hacker in an agency and gave you freedom to do stuff like robbing banks, hacking your own agency to find out who the other agents are, selling that information, or hacking the Criminal database and getting them arrested for a given felony, but with the possibility of being caught by the authorities or other hackers. And the beauty of the game is that all this was done in a graphical interface, which doesn't require any geek skills to master. You can still go geek with the console, but the necessary commands are few, easy and adequately explained in the help zone.

So, basically, to improve on that, it could be made as an MP game, where you could play as an agent, competing with others for jobs, and ultimately forming groups to execute more demanding strikes, all while keeping the in-game options as open as possible.

I'll keep an eye on the development of this game! My brother and I used to play Syndicate when we were kids, but we usually cheated so we got a full squad with all cyborg implants and about eight mini-guns for each squad member. Guess the game was too difficult for a 10 year old and a 12 year old, at least because of our then not so impressive English skills. :)

The game sounds a lot like Shadowrun , which is a good thing ... Oh boy the memories