• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hannodb

Major
11 Badges
Dec 10, 2014
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hi guys.

It can't be more than a day's work for them to add a little citizen tracker, where you can add citizens to a list where you can keep track of them. Being able to track the same person will really help make a certain neighborhood feel like home.

Please reply with +1. Maybe if we get enough positive responses, they'll add it in a little DLC soon after launch. :happy:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Yes, not really essential, but a cool feature to have that many people like, sort of like the My Sim thing from SC4. I'm also hoping for camera mod that lets you zoom fully to street level, or a driving view.

I would make it into info view. Whole city would be white and things you customized would be orange and Cims you customized would have some arrows and names.

I believe it is already there.

Click on a cim, leave window open -> cim tracking. Same goes for vehicles and so on.

Question ist, does this also work when a cim is at work/at home?

I'm not a programmer or game designer, so I don't have a clue how long implementing this feature would take...but really, what do you base such an estimate on?

I'm not a games developer, but I do develop business applications. I base it on the fact that most of the data is already there. Each individual already exist as an individual record with attributes such as position, destination, home, work, etc. All you need is a list of individuals, and a U.I. where you can see a list of people you've tagged before.

I believe it is already there.

Click on a cim, leave window open -> cim tracking. Same goes for vehicles and so on.

Question ist, does this also work when a cim is at work/at home?

Yes, but what if you want to come back to this individual to track him again, get to know him and his neighborhood on a personal level? That's what I'm talking about. I would like to name one after my self, and then come back to me from time to time to see what I'm up to.

Hated those little thought bubbles that clutter up your screen and don't give you anything useful 99.99999999999999% of the time in SC4. Add it for the people who want it but let it be completely disable-able, is my vote.

I'm not a games developer, but I do develop business applications. I base it on the fact that most of the data is already there. Each individual already exist as an individual record with attributes such as position, destination, home, work, etc. All you need is a list of individuals, and a U.I. where you can see a list of people you've tagged before.

I'm also a business software developer and I've learned over the last 27 years of IT that you never ever give your lowest estimate to the end user.
Better to say it will take 3 days and deliver it in 1 or 2 ahead of expectation and have a happy user because they got it well ahead of schedule than say it will take 1 day and overshoot the mark if it takes longer and have a grumpy disappointed user.
No point in putting unnecessary pressure on one's self especially if unexpected issues are encountered (and aren't they always?)
Software development is as much about managing user expectations as it is code and logic.
So, I'd turn your 1 day estimate into about 4ish. Just to be sure.... Got to make sure it's thoroughly tested :)