• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hope to revive this thread...

How about events, if not granting cores, at least giving CB's on those owning the rest of the peninsula? Just something to liven up the experience as a player, since with the most recent patch usually only players will form the KoI. Cores may be a step too far, but would certainly liven up the experience.
On another note, how about an Italian East India Company? Lots of countries had them that you wouldn't expect to, and this would add a bit of flavor. Just my two cents, having played a rather boring game as Milan-KoI - you have to have all of the provinces that you're going to have cores on just to become the KoI, so there is little hope for the two things that really make this game fun - war and events.

e_maiwald said:
Hope to revive this thread...

How about events, if not granting cores, at least giving CB's on those owning the rest of the peninsula? Just something to liven up the experience as a player, since with the most recent patch usually only players will form the KoI. Cores may be a step too far, but would certainly liven up the experience.
On another note, how about an Italian East India Company? Lots of countries had them that you wouldn't expect to, and this would add a bit of flavor. Just my two cents, having played a rather boring game as Milan-KoI - you have to have all of the provinces that you're going to have cores on just to become the KoI, so there is little hope for the two things that really make this game fun - war and events.
All the cores could definately be added in a fantasy option event. Want to script it?
It's been discussed to make East India Companies available for several nations, KoI should be among them. Nothing have been done so far.

What do you mean by "all the cores"? Do you mean that KoI will now be a fantasy event sequence, or just those for southern Italy?

I don't think KoI should be a Fantasy sequence, but I think the idea of granting Italy cores to all of the penninsula would fit (as a separate event) into the Fantasy option, together with revival of Byzans, crusading Knights and a resurgent Granada. It's something a lot of people have asked for. So KoI can be created with normal or fantasy setting, but the extra cores are given only in Fantasy setting.