• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

th3freakie

Commissar for a European People's Economy
75 Badges
Apr 23, 2004
vicentedelisboa.wordpress.com
  • For The Glory
The KoI (a AGCEEP possibily of a country) at the moment has no events of itself (apart from the leaders and monarch ones) so...

Let's come up with some!

Apart from giving them those general events most countrys get asking them to choose sides in a big European question and such.. what else?

One I'd sugest, even if only in Fantasy would be claims (cores) to all of Italy.
Another one would be some kind of possibility for KoI to go specialy colonial, following it's "latin brothers" Portugal and Spain.
Yet another one would be something giving them a shipyard somewhere in order to fight the Ottoman dominium of the Med.
For bad things (and I'm thinking this stuff up as I write) - if Rome was owned maybe there could be at some point a higher revolt risc in the Pope's cores and even in all of KoI representing a new Pope who chalanged KoI and asked for help to all christian kingdoms (drop of relations, etc).
Another possible bad thing could be a HAB anexation of KoI if Austria controled certain key provs - being the KoI title an HRE theorical possesion and all.

More ideias! Let us see them!
(I'm posting this here for wider recognition - I'm guessing not that many people go to the AGCEEP forum) I have nothing to do with the AGCEEP crew and didn't even ask them for premission for this. There's no garantee they'll even read this so don't get your hopes too high possible posters ;)

Umm, this mod has their own forum so why are you posting it here.
*Moved

Rhodz said:
I posted a thread like this but it didn't really go anywhere...I'll see if I can dredge it up later

Maybe no one is interested in the "fantasy" KOI. Isn't AGCEEP only for historical events.?

Castellon said:
Umm, this mod has their own forum so why are you posting it here.
*Moved

Because there seem to be more people in the "EU II Discussions" area then in the "AGCEEP merger discussions" one.
I don't wanna be rude or anything, but you could have read the post before you moved it...

Still... Ideas people! Ideas!

Alliance with the ottomans to crush Venice and Austria!
Same with France to crush Genova!
Events for rebellions of the minor nations!

th3freakie said:
Because there seem to be more people in the "EU II Discussions" area then in the "AGCEEP merger discussions" one.
I don't wanna be rude or anything, but you could have read the post before you moved it...
No, he was right to move it. Posts about the mods go in the mod forums. And plenty of peope go both places.
th3freakie said:
Still... Ideas people! Ideas!
There's no need to make an alternate history for someone who's already decended deep into alternate history. Let the player make his own decisions once he's established the KoI. The only exceptions I'd make would be
  1. geopolitical certainties. In the case of the KoI, the only thing that really applies here would be ambitions on Genoa and Venice. I could see some event chain that leads to getting cores on these provinces, although I'm not sure it should be a sure thing.
  2. Including the KoI in major historical events that are already scripted. For example, they should get an entry in the various "league" events, and the various antifrench events.

here's the old thread http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128844&highlight=italy

And there are fantasy events for The Knights, Byzantium, Wales, why can't KOI have a few ones? Nothing as big as the others but some. For example, Genealogical certainties such as the death of the Visconti family in Milan. If you were Kings of Italy and you'd started as Milan, you'd need to choose a new heir. That's just one example

doktarr said:
geopolitical certainties. In the case of the KoI, the only thing that really applies here would be ambitions on Genoa and Venice. I could see some event chain that leads to getting cores on these provinces, although I'm not sure it should be a sure thing.
If you're playing as Milan, and create the KoI, a core upon Liguria and possibly Corsica would seem to make sense, at least if you get a positive responce in the "Genoa Submits To Milan" event.

Taear said:
If you're playing as Milan, and create the KoI, a core upon Liguria and possibly Corsica would seem to make sense, at least if you get a positive responce in the "Genoa Submits To Milan" event.

I posted it even in the "other Italy" thread; Corsica and may be even Genoa other possetion at the Black see are places where Italy should get core. IF Genoa is included of cource. The event selling Corsica should sleep IMHO.

As well: if Genoa is included whole Italy is centred around it and big hostility should be scripted between Venice and KoI (they already will have cores at KoI). You never like when your arch-rival is strenthen.

Would Genoa being ruled by KoI be so different from being ruled by the King of France? That happened what, three times, and on none of those occasions was there a serious reaction from Venice.

By 1419 the heyday of the Genoa-Venice rivalry had long passed.

Isaac Brock said:
Would Genoa being ruled by KoI be so different from being ruled by the King of France? That happened what, three times, and on none of those occasions was there a serious reaction from Venice.

But Venice may be jealous of a new Italian power rising up. The difference with France owning the area was that Venice had absolutely no chance of out-competing france in either Economical or Military might.

With the KoI, Venice might just stand a chance, and it's likely they'd jump on the opportunity. After all, they were willing to fight the Ottoman Empire to get more power and influence.

Isaac Brock said:

I was not clear enough. I suggested two different things.

Firstly, KoI should have core on Corsica because there is no reason why not particularly if Genoa is onboard. The sale of Corsica event should not fire unless KoI is in deep problems militarily or financially.

Secondly, there should be some events showing the hostility between Venice and KoI. Two obvious reasons: with KoI the Genoa port would be the centre of all N. Italy trade hurting Veneto port AND states tend not to like unification of something when they cannot/do not want to participate in such unification.

One more think not related to these two. Some people suggested that Italy should get cores on whole peninsula. Others with superiority of professional historians stated: it is not unification of the 19th century, just north Italy can be included since KoI is somehow reflects 7th or 8th Kingdom of Lombards. Well, I opened historical atlas and this Kingdom goes all the way to the south where intermingled with Byzantines. Just tiny Papacy, Sicily and few minors are not included. So, Marche and Naples should be the fantasy cores IMHO if we stick to the example.

There is no reason why the KoI can't conquer Sicily, Naples and the Papacy. However it will not be seen as "legitimate" since it derives its legitimacy from the Holy Roman Empire's Kingdom of Italy. The Emperor gave the Papacy to the Pope indefinately, and neither of the Sicilies was ever an Imperial holding.

This is why the KoI does not get cores outside the "traditional" KoI.

Mad King James said:
and neither of the Sicilies was ever an Imperial holding.

Well... where was Friedrich II Hohenstauffen's court ?

Despite this fact, I'm agree that the old Crown of Italy didn't have (feudal) rights over southern Italy. But, after all, this Kingdom of Italy is better for a fantasy set rather than a strict historical one : in the Quintocento period, I'm sure that a "Roman return" set (think about Machiavel's dreams) wouldn't be so fool. :)

Mad King James said:
There is no reason why the KoI can't conquer Sicily, Naples and the Papacy. However it will not be seen as "legitimate" since it derives its legitimacy from the Holy Roman Empire's Kingdom of Italy. The Emperor gave the Papacy to the Pope indefinately, and neither of the Sicilies was ever an Imperial holding.

OK, acknowledged; however in that case the KoI is rather loosely connected to any historical state and it cannot be taken as restoration of any kind. I suggest moving whole events set to fantasy option. As such they might get several other lands/cores in addition.

Last edited:
Mad King James said:

Fully agree.

Well,... there are still some questions...

Tomas the Great said:
I was not clear enough. I suggested two different things.

Firstly, KoI should have core on Corsica because there is no reason why not particularly if Genoa is onboard. The sale of Corsica event should not fire unless KoI is in deep problems militarily or financially.

Secondly, there should be some events showing the hostility between Venice and KoI. Two obvious reasons: with KoI the Genoa port would be the centre of all N. Italy trade hurting Veneto port AND states tend not to like unification of something when they cannot/do not want to participate in such unification.