• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sire, are living in a fantasy world. You speak as if life is just some grand narrative that some benign author ordains to proceed incrementally towards a satisfactory conclusion. You completely ignore how human nature actually works. Your belief in a grand narrative is as pathetic as those who believed that god ordained the kings of old.

((Let me just lean this up on the rooms forth wall...))

Hm, fantasy world?
That from the one who thinks Africa will be garden eden once its free...
That from the one who thinks that the US democracy will really result in victory for the proletariat...
That from the one who thinks the dictators will die from peace and love...
That from the one who is blind to our enemies conspiracy...

It is you who lives in a fantasy

You dream in your chair
and you do not see
the rising power of the burgeoisie!

They hide in their lair
but they still are there
and they will fight for their share!

Their tanks and their guns
Their ships and their planes
Are you blind comrade Keynes?

We must begin now
we must stand strong
We have already suffered far too long!

This isn't our war
This isn't for racist masses
This is their war against the working classes!

But Trotsky will lead
and we shall prevail
It is Their evil order that must fail!

So the borders are clear
The goals are all set
We will continue till they are met!

Now it is for you to decide:
Support Trotsky to make us all the same
or work for the burgeoisie
and live with the shame!

((Had to respond to this author thing :) ))

What a lovely VSVR poem. :)

Edit: I'm putting the poem in the contents page to make it a nice part of AAR canon.

Marxists

I wouldn't actually mind severing Africa from Cologne on the state level, but with the understanding that we all report to the ComIntern. It's not an issue of nations, but an issue of geography.

Tommy
I'm a bit confused by the Marxist official statements about Africa. They seem to say that independence would be a viable alternative for the western parts of the continent, and is only rejected for its negative effects on the eastern parts and tribal issues. They say Africa isn't ready for independence, which implies that it can be made ready for independence and that independence could be a viable option at some future point. That can't really be the official line? Surely the principle of internationalism must be pre-eminent?
--
Even if independence for Africa was a practical option it would still be of no benefit (since it is already free) and do great harm (since it would divide humanity, weaken communism and cause millions to be instantly unemployed ;)).

Besides, if African secession was morally defensible (which it is not), then Africa is not the natural shape of a country. Cultural, ethnical and religious (whatever those reactionaries in the naci faction consider important) divisions dictate that it should in that case be divided into scores of minor states and thousands of tiny tribedoms. A country founded on national principles can not be based merely on the generalized colour of the people's skin (which varies a great deal) or a proportionally higher risk of sickel-cell anemia. That would be a division on "racial" principles, which off-course is nothing less than racist. And it certainly can't be an oversimplification that happens to look good on a map.

Comrades marnures and Vivern
The wonderful new invention of the radio does much to eliminate the practical difficulties presented by a multi-continental state. Further advances in broadcasting, shipping, railroads and aviation promise to continue to bring the entire world ever closer together until continental divides will be no more daunting tomorrow than crossing the rhine is today. Trust in progress.

Last edited:
I do trust progress. I also trust that the VSVR is not the sole owner of the True Path to Communism. A little bit of friendly plurality strengthens the ComIntern. We in the VSVR are necessarily geographically removed from Africa by our allies. If it makes sense to remain unified, then we should seek unification with our allies. However, this is not the case, and I think having several geographically based states that remain loyal to the ComIntern benefits everyone.

I do agree that it is the Comintern and not the VSVR that is the future of communism and I hope that it shall some day not too far in the future truly unify mankind. But I find division a strange path towards unity. And I think we should take steps to gradually unify with our allies. That, I believe, is the true purpose of the Comintern. Only by unifying all states can we finally abolish all states. Only by abolishing all states can we achieve communism.

The emancipated peoples of the world are already unified in the Comintern where they can coordinate their economical, diplomatic and political matters with their brethren... and is in the Comintern where these major decisions should be taken, not in the fancy halls where the leadership of the VSVR meets.

The decision only affects the African provinces you own, the way I read it. is there a way to make it encompass all of Africa?

You dream in your chair
and you do not see
the rising power of the burgeoisie!

They hide in their lair
but they still are there
and they will fight for their share!

Their tanks and their guns
Their ships and their planes
Are you blind comrade Keynes?

We must begin now
we must stand strong
We have already suffered far too long!

This isn't our war
This isn't for racist masses
This is their war against the working classes!

But Trotsky will lead
and we shall prevail
It is Their evil order that must fail!

So the borders are clear
The goals are all set
We will continue till they are met!

Now it is for you to decide:
Support Trotsky to make us all the same
or work for the burgeoisie
and live with the shame!

Ouch, thats 1 to LeCare and 0 to Keynes

(am i now the honourary score keeper :p)

I'm contacting a mod.

Obviously don't click any of the links. This is the second time this has happened. :/

I guess it must be because of the large amount of traffic. Sadly none of the mods for the AAR section were online so I sent a message to coz.

The evil capitalists are trying to destroy our beautiful revolutionary state with the power of their loan spambots! :p :rofl:

More on topic, though, I believe it's safe to say that, at this point, the Marxists have won yet again. Unless a huge influx of anti-Marxists comes out of nowhere and starts casting their votes for the Anarchists and Drexler's Very Merry Band of Drunken German Dwarves, Trotsky has this one in the bag.

Well, we already have several votes for the Spambots Cylon Party (Freedom for the robot proletariat!).....

@ Keynes 2.0: To change the line between your Nam and Avatar:
Settings (upper left corner) >> Edit Profile >> Custom User Title (enter there what you want it to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.