• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a glorious day brother and sister comrades! With the strength of the militarists combined with the ideals and vision of Lenin's faction there can be no limit to our glorious Volksrepublik! We shall spread the revolution not only to our brother and sister workers in Europe but soon also to our brothers in Africa, America and Asia! The first true Golden Age of humanity has set its roots here today!

fixed :D

Tommy, if I may be indulged for a second, how has/is Friedrich Nietzsche reacting to the VSVR? :)

Can I ask how is it that Necazian and Kadon became persons in the story?
And how can an independent member make his way into the central committee?

Of course you may ask.

Essentially I lacked RL people who represented the ideas that Kadon and Necazian had put forward. Kadon seemed to perfectly encapsulate the radical Anarchist faction that had emerged around you guys and I had ideas about how to use him in the AAR. Likewise Necazian represented a popular moderate Anarchist position which I felt would be best represented by him in the story. Remember that in truth they give their names to characters rather than act them out. In the end I decide what they do (although I of course followed Necazian's suprise movement in the thread over to the Marxist-Leninists).

I don't really understand your second question. Liebknecht was independent from the factions when he first joined the Central Committee and is independent now. I see no reason why he cannot be in the Central Committee. In fact I am currently mulling over whether or not to make the Independents a seperate, small, faction that could compete in elections.

EDIT: @ John Forseti: God I have no idea. I'm no expert on Nietzsche but I'm sure he sees Lenin and Marx as the supermen of their generation and feels horribly depressed.

Of course you may ask.

Essentially I lacked RL people who represented the ideas that Kadon and Necazian had put forward. Kadon seemed to perfectly encapsulate the radical Anarchist faction that had emerged around you guys and I had ideas about how to use him in the AAR. Likewise Necazian represented a popular moderate Anarchist position which I felt would be best represented by him in the story. Remember that in truth they give their names to characters rather than act them out. In the end I decide what they do (although I of course followed Necazian's suprise movement in the thread over to the Marxist-Leninists).

I don't really understand your second question. Liebknecht was independent from the factions when he first joined the Central Committee and is independent now. I see no reason why he cannot be in the Central Committee. In fact I am currently mulling over whether or not to make the Independents a seperate, small, faction that could compete in elections.

EDIT: @ John Forseti: God I have no idea. I'm no expert on Nietzsche but I'm sure he sees Lenin and Marx as the supermen of their generation and feels horribly depressed.

You have to have great influence and power if you want into the committee, right?
They cannot just let random people to take command of the state?
So how could a man without an party to back him get into the central committee?

Do you still lack figures? Radical anarchists? People that everyone hates? Scapegoats? :D

I'm guessing that the Chairman, once elected, appoints the rest of the CC?

I'm guessing that the Chairman, once elected, appoints the rest of the CC?

I like to imagine that the Committee elects the new people who join them. As Chair of the Committee the Chairman of course has the most power in the appointments. But lets keep this vague so I don't contradict myself. :p

Do you still lack figures? Radical anarchists? People that everyone hates? Scapegoats? :D

I think this is Enewald volunteering to start a riot. ;)

A coalition with the UF had only had 49 votes; one short of a majority.

My bad, I just glanced at the numbers and didn't do the math....

Why can't people just accept that a coalition with the faction most in line with Lenin and with enough votes to secure a majority was the most likely to be chosen?

I can accept that, I'm just saying I think we need to be cautious of the motives of the militarists.

I can accept that, I'm just saying I think we need to be cautious of the motives of the militarists.

My motive is to spread the revolution to every shore, and provide a beach chateau to every proletariat.

I don't want to sound rude but - God No!

This is pretty similar to Realpolitik and that proved to be totally uncontrolable and very laible to be closed down.

I'll stay in control of things. really its a choice between the current system where I basically run the show on the advice of you guys or a few days of anarchic control from the readers before this is shut down.
Barring the shutting down part, that seems like paradise for the anarchists. We do, however, leave everything in your capable hands.

Great update! :D

Well, I too felt that my vote to the Marxist was kind of a surprise, I just guess that I felt the Status-Quo had been for too long, and therefore there needed to be change. If, on the other hand, this Marxist-Militarist coalition starts to go in a direction that would hinder free speech, freedom of opinion and/or though, I will pull my support for them at once. I wasn't too pleased with the Marxist-Militarist coalition, but if it goes in the direction that I would like it to go I will be pleased.

In reality this vote was a very temporary one, and (though I don't know what will happen next) I will probably vote for another faction the next election (If there is one! Dun dun duuuuun...:p)

I'm with Necazian here. Though I love my social reforms, I love my freedoms more.

And no Enewald, we're not yet at the point where I'd worry about losing them. I trust in the enlightened self interest of the Central Committee. Hasn't let us down yet. ;)

Spark

A New Politics​

January 10th, 1875

On Discipline
The decision by the Majority of our faction’s leadership, including Comrade Lenin, to ally in the Constituent Assembly with the Militarist Faction has been a controversial one. It has provoked serious and open debate in our faction as well as in the broader People’s Party. For our part, we can only see this debate as a sign of the health of our faction, and its public character a sign of the health of the People’s Party and of the healthy nature of our faction’s place in the People’s Party. It will be remarked that several comrades of the Minority have chosen to express their disapproval of the Majority’s decision by withdrawing from the faction, but equally, there are comrades of the Minority that choose to stay within the faction, to fight for the triumph of their positions within it. It is a further sign of the health, the real proletarian character, of the Marxist-Leninist faction that such a strategy is acceptable.

The real reason for these comrades’ defections is not a betrayal by the faction Majority of Marxist-Leninist principles but rather an insufficiency of discipline within the faction as a whole. Discipline does not mean the submission to a faction leader or even to the faction Majority. If it did there would be no basis for comrades of the Minority remaining within the faction. It means the fortitude of a fighter for the liberation of the proletariat, the fortitude to carry on the life of the only faction concerned for the material betterment of the workers of the whole world even in the face of perceived wavering by the momentary majority. It means the commitment to sustain the faction as the best vehicle for the carrying through of proletarian principles on the level of government.

For your editor, who is bound by his own commitments to discipline not to declare his intra-factional allegiance in the publication of the whole Party, there can be only one policy in the Constituent Assembly going forward. The Militarists are the party not of proletarian discipline, but of Prussian discipline. That is the language they understand, and that is the language in which we must speak to them. When voting in the Constituent Assembly, it must be made clear at all times that the Marxist-Leninist faction is the senior partner, with more representation both from the Party and from the Workers. There must be no horse-trading, no bargaining away of the free press or free national life for all nationalities in exchange for support on economic questions. If the Militarists will not support our measures, then other factions will, out of principle, out of their commitment not to obstruct the well-being and betterment of the Republic, and out of desire to be the real governing coalition and not simply the coalition on paper. Our power as a faction must also be reflected in the choices of Commissars and other functionaries of the government. We cannot allow the Militarists to occupy vital Commissariats such as those for Minorities and for Justice.

But rejoice Comrades! With Lenin as Chairman the only way is up!

-Comrade Zimmerwald

Convey to Comrade Zimmerwald that I like his writings, and also OT that I like that he's chosen his nickname from the Zimmerwald Conference (oh, and you've listed him as zimmerwald1913 instad of 1915 in your link to his second letter).

Another article given to me by Zimmerwald1915. Thanks man. :)

I've just finished the next 5 years and besides coming to the conclusion that Victoria 2 is best played in 5 year chunks I'm just going to say a series of word and you can figure out WTF I'm talking about. Netherlands, Finns, Gigantomania, Outrage.

;)

Netherlands, Finns, Gigantomania, Outrage.

The Netherlands experiences a communist revolution, Finland breaks free from Russia, The VSVR goes on a massive conquering spree, and, uh... Russia and France and Austria form an alliance?

That would make for an interesting update, anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.