• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to free everyone!
Our policy is to undo policies!

The Marxists are just creating a new elite to oppress us, we shall slay the tyrants and king-makers!

Free press is just one small step on the path of salvation of freedom.
Write free or die as Marxist!

You will butcher half of us and allow the put the other half back into chains in your blind devotion to your cause. We all here desire the abolition of the state, comrade, but doing it prematurely would simply allow either a new elite to seize power again, or for one of the surrounding powers to and invade put us back to square one.

I disagree, under the Marxists Marx or whoever the Chairman was would tell us what they were going to do, and then they would do it. When the Marxists promised social reforms they did them, and our people's standards of living improved. When they went to expand our territory, they did, and the lot of the liberated people improved. Homogenity leads to stability, erraticism leads to instability and in this world, instability leads to death.

Ha, speaking of tyranny!
Hail the good king Marx for he brings tyranny to the fools!
Fight the winds of oppression!
Curse the warmongers, slayers of the innocent souls that yearn for freedom!

Marxisms means Willkür-Herrschaft!
The false revolutionaries spread their filth to the uneducated masses.
You claim to bring prosperity, but what is prosperity without freedom?
Just an illusion that we shall bring down.

Everything leads to death.
But anarchism leads to freedom.

Just started reading, love the AAR so far. Just a question though, what mod is this? Or is this your personal mod?

Welcome and I'm using a self made mod.

We are trying to free everyone!
Our policy is to undo policies!

The Marxists are just creating a new elite to oppress us, we shall slay the tyrants and king-makers!

Free press is just one small step on the path of salvation of freedom.
Write free or die as Marxist!

1000th post of the AAR. :cool:

I'm just about to start writing the update entitled the Crisis of 1865 and the debate here seems to have gone down hill a bit. I'd like to ask for a halt of debate until the next update is up at the very least. Then it might be better if things start to focus on actual events rather than just the same old structural ideological arguements.

ciao

You will butcher half of us and allow the put the other half back into chains in your blind devotion to your cause. We all here desire the abolition of the state, comrade, but doing it prematurely would simply allow either a new elite to seize power again, or for one of the surrounding powers to and invade put us back to square one.

Butcher?
Nay, we are not butcherer's alike Marxists, we let them preach their own Untergang.
They will just have to leave politics, everything shall be undone.
Chains of liberation? We shall destroy the chains and the chain-makers, let them roam towards freedom without hindrances.
Even the half-blind shall see the light and blind ones shall be free choose to remain in the darkness if they so choose.

No state can survive the tides of anarchism.

But how would they decide what to do without the free exchange of opinion? It is impossible for one man to know everything about the country. Thus they would not know what was required unless a free debate about policy were to take place, the various arguments for and against it considered and a decision reached democratically. Also, I would argue that suppression of an opinion radicalises its holder and turns them more towards violence, thus your "stability" is made of plaster and easily shatered. But if you allow those opinions voice in a political sysyem, they will not try to shoot you (well, barring people like Enelwald, for whom I think there is no home in any form of state).

There is having an opinion, and there is advocating an opinion. What Kadon says is completely different to what Necazian says. Some anarchists say they favour violence, others say they favour peace while others still spray slogans and poems like madmen with each claiming the authority of their opinion over the party.

Marxists are doers, anarchists are talkers who blow things up and shoot their leaders.

There is having an opinion, and there is advocating an opinion. What Kadon says is completely different to what Necazian says. Some anarchists say they favour violence, others say they favour peace while others still spray slogans and poems like madmen with each claiming the authority of their opinion over the party.

Marxists are doers, anarchists are talkers who blow things up and shoot their leaders.

The Anarchists have never actually been in power; to say they are not doers is stupid, as they have had nothing to do.

Butcher?
Nay, we are not butcherer's alike Marxists, we let them preach their own Untergang.
They will just have to leave politics, everything shall be undone.
Chains of liberation? We shall destroy the chains and the chain-makers, let them roam towards freedom without hindrances.
Even the half-blind shall see the light and blind ones shall be free choose to remain in the darkness if they so choose.

No state can survive the tides of anarchism.

Apparently they can; as I said in my previous comment, the Anarchists have never actually been in power. They've usually commanded high slices of the vote, but they've never been in power.

Apparently they can; as I said in my previous comment, the Anarchists have never actually been in power. They've usually commanded high slices of the vote, but they've never been in power.

We are the liberators, we kill the rulers.
If we were rulers, we would be forced to comment suicide, right? :p

So, we cannot win, or we all die. :D

The Crisis of 1865

‘’Revolution is the inspired frenzy of history’’

If this is the true definition of revolution then perhaps the events that have gone down in history as the Crisis of 1865 would be better remembered as the Revolution of 1865. For the Crisis did bring about serious change in the Republic and throughout it the course of events were dictated by the snap decisions of the major figures. All the major parties did of course enter the Crisis with grand plans and schemes but as is so often the case plans do not survive first contact with the enemy and very soon things developed into simple improvisation.

The Crisis occurred in the wake of the intense election of 1865 which was won by the United Cooperationists by just 0.08% as they narrowly edged out the Anarchists. Following the election the victorious Engels struggled to get the legitimising support he needed from the Marxists and Anarchists and was instead left extremely vulnerable as both the Blanquists and Anarchists started to arm themselves.

Whilst his man, Blanqui, had been defeated in the election Karl Marx was far from unhappy and although he saw Engel’s ideas of a continued peace between the factions as utopian things could have turned out far worse and he gave his quiet support to Engels before loading himself aboard a train and leaving Cologne on January 9th. Marx wanted to quickly leave the political hub of Cologne so he would not be used as a tool by any faction in the coming crisis.

With Blanqui’s most powerful asset speeding out of Cologne the Marxist-Centralist candidate was greatly weakened. Blanqui himself knew this and feared that the Anarchists would take this opportunity to not only destroy him but to also seize power – something he could not allow. When his intelligence agents detected the arming of the Anarchist militia he started to call AKVD agents back to Cologne whilst he also armed a large number of Blanquist thugs in preparation for a counter-coup should the Anarchists make a move against Engels.

armley.jpg

To the surprise of Blanqui the first major outbreak of violence did not occur in Cologne but instead in Northern Westphalia at the Armley High Security Jail. A group of around 50 heavily armed Anarchist militiamen stormed the institute and freed the infamous Young Anarchist known as Comrade Kadon, interestingly only prisoners imprisoned for political acts were freed with other criminals being left in their cells. As news got out of Kadon’s freeing from prison the country seemed to explode in agitation. The Young Anarchists were energised beyond belief as across the Republic thousands turned out in dozens of major cities to celebrate his release whilst many thousands more shuddered at the news. Blanqui’s interpretation of what had happened was clear. The Young Anarchists were seizing control of the entire Anarchist faction and would now soon direct their attentions towards Cologne. In his private diaries Blanqui wrote ‘’if I do not act now then I shall hang in the morning’’.

Yet Blanqui’s interpretation of what was going on was totally inaccurate. Bakunin and the Anarchist mainstream had successfully hoodwinked their great foe. When Blanqui ordered the 9,000 man paramilitary core of the AKVD to march on Cologne he terrified Engels and the UC government. Engels demanded that the units turn around but instead Blanqui merely ensured the Chairman that he was going to ‘’restore order’’. With nowhere else to turn Engels threw himself into the open arms of Bakunin and in doing so formed a UC-Anarchist alliance. Blanqui had been enticed into being the first to commit himself to clear action against the government and had now made himself the Napoleon that the revolutionaries had so long feared and the enemy of the People’s Republic.

In this situation Blanqui started to see his support from the mainstream of the Marxist faction waver meaning he was forced to direct his coup effort against not only the Anarchists, not only the UC government but also the doubtful Marxists.

commune.jpg

Despite its hasty planning the Blanquist coup on January 14th was, at first glance, very successful. In Cologne Marshal Weydemeyer (the head of the Armed Forces) was captured in the Red Army HQ, this would give Blanqui control over the military; near Hanover AKVD troops captured Karl Marx and placed him aboard an armoured train headed back to Cologne, this would provide the political legitimacy Blanqui needed; all the major train stations were captured giving the AKVD control over who entered and who left the city; finally most major government buildings fell the AKVD and Blanquist thugs. The Anarchist militiamen were simply no match for the trained AKVD units and were forced to withdraw.

paris-commune.jpg

However all was not lost for the UC and their Anarchist allies. In the centre of the city around the very building where the Central Committee held its meetings the Anarchists were holding out. Famously, just when all seemed lost Comrade Kadon emerged from a house and bellowed ‘’To the barricades! Save the Republic!’’ With this the broken Anarchist militiamen were energised and hastily formed a not unimpressive system of fortifications around the small area they still held. By this stage the Anarchists only had around 4,000 armed men left whilst the Blanquists had 9,000 elite AKVD paramilitaries, a further 6,000 AKVD special policemen and about 5,000 thugs off the streets. However the mood of the city was firmly against the Blanquists. As night fell on January 14th with a tiny area still under Anarchist control Kadon, the man who had taken command of the militiamen now styling themselves as the ‘Communards’, sent out his agents into the city to transform discontent into men on the ground for him.

Blanqui’s lack of heavy weaponry meant that it was next to impossible for him to finally break down the Anarchist positions whilst it was becoming increasingly difficult to hold onto the rest of the city in the face of violent resistance to his coup. At the same time Anarchist militiamen from the rest of the Ruhr were infiltrating the city, making the situation increasingly worse for Blanqui.

At this stage Blanqui decided to employ the Marxist tool he had taken control of. In the early morning he convinced Weydemeyer to send out a call to nearby units to come to Cologne and assist him in putting down an Anarchist revolt. Around 3PM Karl Marx arrived in the city and Blanqui instantly demanded that he come out to openly support his seizure of power. Marx refused and was subsequently placed under house arrest in a more peaceful city district.

Even without Marx the Blanquists might have hoped that it would have been possible to secure a swift victory if only Red Army troops could arrive with their heavy equipment. However most commanders seemed totally unwilling to commit. The information that was getting out of Cologne was very vague about the situation there and many orders sent out by Blanqui were not getting to their intended targets. It was therefore pointless for commanders to commit to a side that could potentially lose (meaning execution from the victors) when they could simply wait and see before committing when a clear victor had emerged. The simple fact was that there were few commanders passionate enough about Blanquist rule to risk their lives for it. None came.

papalphoto1861.jpg

That was with the exception of General Pierre Bodin, commander of the Wallonian Army. The Wallonian Army had been the brainchild of Minorities Secretary Necazian – it was an entirely Francophonic formation of 12,000 men (with plenty of artillery) with everything from its officers to the common soldiers recruited from Wallonia. Like Wallonia itself the Army was heavily pro-Anarchist whilst Bodin was a committed proponent of the United Cooperationists. When news of the attempted coup reached Bodin’s Army at Arlon the General could do little, even if he had wanted to, to stop his men from marching on Cologne to save the government.

Pariscommune19871.jpg

On January 16th the Wallonian Army surrounded Cologne. At the centre of the city there were the Anarchist militiamen under Kadon, in the rest of the city the Blanquists (although the city was heavily saturated with anti-Blanquist civilians and insurgents) and around the city lay the Wallonian Army.

parismay71.jpg

Over the course of the next day and a half the city was swept by violence as thousands died and thousands more lost their homes in the fighting that engulfed the VSVR capital. However by the late afternoon of January 18th the Blanquists had been defeated and Blanqui himself had been placed under arrest pending trial.

Friedrich Engels and the United Cooperationists were now left to pick up the pieces following this violent outbreak at the very heart of the Republic. Yet there was no better faction to guide the Republic towards peace and future prosperity than one dedicated to unity.

We are the liberators, we kill the rulers.
If we were rulers, we would be forced to comment suicide, right? :p

So, we cannot win, or we all die. :D

...So what exactly is the point of your presence here then? The forum's kind of about voting for who's going to be in power...if you won't vote, then all you're doing is preaching things Anarchists in-game or here aren't actually going to do. >_>

Yet again, another example of Marxist brutality and hypocricy.

We free Kadon, a man who was wrongly accused for what violent radicals within our faction have done, and what do the Marxists do? They go into a panic-attack, fearing that Young Anarchists have taken over the Anarchists, blah blah, and then march on Cologne and causes several brutal, un-necessary battles that did nothing but exterminate people on both sides.

The Marxists claim we are the violent hatemongers, yet we are NOT the ones who tried to usurp the government, as the Marxists keep claiming we are! We are NOT the ones who marched on Cologne for stupid, paranoid reasons!

So I ask you, Marxists; are we still the violent hatemongers who tried to usurp the government? Are we?

...So what exactly is the point of your presence here then? The forum's kind of about voting for who's going to be in power...if you won't vote, then all you're doing is preaching things Anarchists in-game or here aren't actually going to do. >_>

...joke?

As to the update; JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED!

So, you force a Anarchist-UC alliance?

What a great update. Unfortunate that we had to turn to one murderer to save the republic from another murderer, by all rights both of them should be locked up, but at least the republic survives.

Engels is a smart man, I have confidence that he will be able to pick up the pieces and rebuild what has been lost. He is also smart enough to realize that Blanqui had lost pretty much all mainstream Marxist support at this point, and I such, I don't think he will continue the violence by starting a witch-hunt for any and all who have been Marxists at one point (as I am afraid some of the YA wants to do) but rather merely disband the AKVD and lock up the ringleaders.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way; preaching and not doing is what brought the stupidity known as religion upon us.

Well, what else can I do than shout my opinions and cast votes?
I might even get new anarchist voters!

If it were possible, I would destroy all states from the inside and unite the mankind, then destroy its base structures of oppression.
But so far we are not yet.
The other parties are our main obstacles at the moment.

We will overcome.

Yet again, another example of Marxist brutality and hypocricy.

More like example of Blanqui's brutality and hypocracy. I'm willing to bet quite a few Marxists are just as appalled as we and Marx are by his actions. The Centralists must be disbanded.

More like example of Blanqui's brutality and hypocracy. I'm willing to bet quite a few Marxists are just as appalled as we and Marx are by his actions. The Centralists must be disbanded.

Yes, I have been told not to generalize about Anarchist opinions and I would appreciate if the Anarchists do not generalize about anyone who has had Marxist sympathies at some point. No one except Blanqui and the AKVD likes Blanqui right now. The Anarchists should keep in mind that Marx himself wanted nothing to do with Blanqui and was instead forcibly captured by Blanqui's men.

So, you force a Anarchist-UC alliance?

UC rule in game. However in the AAR the Anarchists are going to get a few concessions. Namely the trial of Blanqui, the disbanding of the AKVD and a restructuring of the Central Committee to name a few.

Exactly. I tried not to tar all the Marxists with the same brush in my update. This was first an foremost a Blanquist coup. The only real mainstream Marxist to support Blanqui was Weydemeyer and that was only because he was effectively a captive whilst the big KM himself simply refused to back Blanqui's actions. Cologne is also mostly Marxist amongst the workers so the fact Blanqui was so violently resisted highlights a lack of support from the Marxist mainstream. Nethertheless the Marxists will certainly feel a backlash for Blanqui's actions. Not only have they lost their two most important politicians (Marx to semi-retirement and Engels to the UC) but they've also had their credibility badly damaged through association with the coup attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.