• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest the renaming of a city in Luxemburg's honour? Not her name, per say, as that only encourages a cult of personality, but a rebranding in the spirit of what she represents; a revolutionary hero, murdered by the agents of capitalism. Perhaps a name like Befreiungstadt*?

One of the liberated Polish towns would be fitting - Warsaw or Lublin, even?

(( * - I'm not even sure it's the correct term. I'm just going by what Google Translate tells me. :D ))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg

May I suggest the renaming of a city in Luxemburg's honour? Not her name, per say, as that only encourages a cult of personality, but a rebranding in the spirit of what she represents; a revolutionary hero, murdered by the agents of capitalism. Perhaps a name like Befreiungstadt*?

One of the liberated Polish towns would be fitting - Warsaw or Lublin, even?

(( * - I'm not even sure it's the correct term. I'm just going by what Google Translate tells me. :D ))

I don't know but Befreiungstadt sounds just a tad bit weird.

How about renaming Köln to Vorwärtsfürdiesozialistischewelterevolutionstadt. :p;)

I don't know but Befreiungstadt sounds just a tad bit weird.

How about renaming Köln to Vorwärtsfürdiesozialistischewelterevolutionstadt. :p;)

How about Wirliebenleninstadt? Or Ichhasseimperialistendorf? Or Wirsindbösekommunistenburg?

Or how about we give up again with this name changing?

Not all Russians are under the command of the Tsar. Lenin probably shot himself to provide an alibi. An assassin trying to shoot Lenin in the head might have shot Rosa in the leg, but the geometry is all wrong for Lenin to get shot in the leg.
Exactly. It is plainly obvious that Lenin assassinated one of the greatest leaders in the history of the Republic, only for his militarism and lust for power. We call for an investigation! The crowd that violently murdered the assassin were none other than agents of Vladimir Lenin!

With Russia and Britain threatening us we can't have the most radical choices in power, a split is the last thing we can afford now. Liebknecht is the perfect compromise candidate for the next election.
Nicolaus Bismark is a great war hero, and he is more than a match for the combined forces of the Russian and the Englishman. We don't know if Liebknecht is ready for such a weighty responsibility. Desperate times call for strong leaders.

Not all Russians are under the command of the Tsar. Lenin probably shot himself to provide an alibi. An assassin trying to shoot Lenin in the head might have shot Rosa in the leg, but the geometry is all wrong for Lenin to get shot in the leg.

Well, the guy did have lousy aim. He fired 6 shots and only 2 hit Luxembourg. 1 hit some anonymous henchmen, and one hit Lenin. So 2 missed. And this was at very close range. So we established the guy sucks as a marksman, so he could have accidentally hit Lenin.

Well, the guy did have lousy aim. He fired 6 shots and only 2 hit Luxembourg. 1 hit some anonymous henchmen, and one hit Lenin. So 2 missed. And this was at very close range. So we established the guy sucks as a marksman, so he could have accidentally hit Lenin.

As you said, it was at very close range. What assassin would the Czar send who could not land his shots? Clearly, the ranking party member was someone either disliked by Lenin, or he knew something he shouldn't have about the assassination plot. It cannot be ignored that the assassination both greatly increased Lenin's power, and gave him exactly what he wanted: war without Luxembourgist interference.

Russia has no motives for war with us. They have been weak for decades. They certainly have no motive for killing the moderate Rosa Luxembourg, whose beneficence would not allow her to send her people to die in La Plata. No, Rosa was loved by the world, and respected by the Russians. It is Lenin who seeks to destabilize, who seeks to throw lives away needlessly. He is the rogue Russian!

Last edited:
Exactly. It is plainly obvious that Lenin assassinated one of the greatest leaders in the history of the Republic, only for his militarism and lust for power. We call for an investigation! The crowd that violently murdered the assassin were none other than agents of Vladimir Lenin!

If Lenin was attempting a coup, do you really think he would;
a) deliberately wound himself in a manner that inhibits him from being politically active, and b) support Liebknecht for the Chairmanship. Lenin has proven that he has the support of the army and a vast number of the proletariat. If he desired power, he could have power.

I would not be surprised if the True Germans, the dangerous counter-revolutionaries who so clearly despise Luxemburg for having the audacity to be a women who was not confined to the home, were in the employ of the Tsar and committed the murder themselves!

As you said, it was at very close range. What assassin would the Czar send who could not land his shots? Clearly, the ranking party member was someone either disliked by Lenin, or he knew something he shouldn't have about the assassination plot. It cannot be ignored that the assassination both greatly increased Lenin's power, and gave him exactly what he wanted: war without Luxembourgist interference.

Russia has no motives for war with us. They have been weak for decades. They certainly have no motive for killing the moderate Rosa Luxembourg, whose beneficence would not allow her to send her people to die in La Plata. No, Rosa was loved by the world, and respected by the Russians. It is Lenin who seeks to destabilize, who seeks to throw lives away needlessly. He is the rogue Russian!

You forget that the Marxist-Leninists had free reign on foreign policy and that, therefore, they could do as they wished anyways, which is the reason we intervened in Argentina in the first place. Had this not been the case and Luxemburg actually had her way, then "Trotsky" would simply be another name, and the intervention in Argentina wouldn't of happened.

If Lenin was attempting a coup, do you really think he would;
a) deliberately wound himself in a manner that inhibits him from being politically active, and b) support Liebknecht for the Chairmanship. Lenin has proven that he has the support of the army and a vast number of the proletariat. If he desired power, he could have power.

I would not be surprised if the True Germans, the dangerous counter-revolutionaries who so clearly despise Luxemburg for having the audacity to be a women who was not confined to the home, were in the employ of the Tsar and committed the murder themselves!

A leg shot doesn't inhibit political activities. Therefore, its obvious that hes just biding his time; perhaps waiting to seize permanent power when everyone is distracted by the war. If Lenin took power without weakening the forces loyal to the other parties, he would surely be crushed on all sides. He needs to weaken the Revolutionaries and the True Germans foremost, as well as the forces loyal to the Anarchists and Luxembourgist. Lenin wants power and has taken it time and again: Recent political events have shifted his use of forearm to the use of his brain. Its still the same, though, he still uses murder and war to take power; he might as well have signed his name on the bullets.

The True Germans would never side with Russians. And they would certainly not kill over a woman. They do not believe in killing women, but protecting them from such harmful political situations. See what happened? Rosa would have gone on to inspire 1000 revolutions if a man had taken the brunt of those bullets. Only a true woman hater could have committed such a heinous crime: And don't we see such a man in Vladimir Lenin's beady eyes?

You forget that the Marxist-Leninists had free reign on foreign policy and that, therefore, they could do as they wished anyways, which is the reason we intervened in Argentina in the first place. Had this not been the case and Luxemburg actually had her way, then "Trotsky" would simply be another name, and the intervention in Argentina wouldn't of happened.
Had Rosa allowed a full scale invasion, the war in Argentina would already be over. This was an obvious hindrance to Lenin's goals, and obviously the last straw that sent him into a rage. He plotted the murder, and then disposed of the loose ends: the shooter and the conspirator.

A leg shot doesn't inhibit political activities. Hes just biding his time, perhaps waiting to seize permanent power when everyone is distracted by the war. If Lenin took power without weakening the forces loyal to the other parties, he would surely be crushed on all sides. He needs to weaken the Revolutionaries and the True Germans foremost, as well as the forces loyal to the Anarchists and Luxembourgist. Lenin wants power and has taken it time and again: Recent political events have shifted his use of forearm to the use of his brain. Its still the same, though, he still uses murder and war to take power; he might as well have signed his name on the bullets.

The True Germans would never side with Russians. And they would certainly not kill over a woman. They do not believe in killing women, but protecting them from such harmful political situations. See what happened? Rosa would have gone on to inspire 1000 revolutions if a man had taken the brunt of those bullets. Only a true woman hater could have committed such a heinous crime: And don't we see such a man in Vladimir Lenin's beady eyes?

It was said in the update itself that it inhibited his political activites. So, if only by the writer's word, yes, yes it does.

Only a true woman hater could have committed such a heinous crime: And don't we see such a man in Vladimir Lenin's beady eyes?

I never really thought of Lenin as a misogynist. That does explain this portrait, though...

Lenin is obviously pretending the be so gravely injured. It has not stopped his political plotting; what with the removal of the moderates and the invasion of Russia.

Are you implying that Lenin is so treacherous and deceptive that he has even fooled an omnipotent being?

Last edited:
Only a true woman hater could have committed such a heinous crime: And don't we see such a man in Vladimir Lenin's beady eyes?

During Lenin's first term as Chairman, a women was appointed to the Central Committee for the first time. Lenin ended sexist labour laws that prevented women from working in factories, and allowed women to serve in the Red Army alongside men. He also made it illegal for anyone to prevent anyone else from voting - a law clearly aimed at preventing men from barring their wives from voting. I very much doubt granting women absolute equality makes him a misogynist in anyone's eyes except for the True Germans.

Last edited:
Uh, yeah. Silly me, getting confused with the Young Anarchists.

Hey, they were both murderous nutters!

The ACA sure have had a dissapointing turnout thus far. Vote in them!

I might be being hypocritical as I have yet to vote but I usually do it towards the end of their run anyway. ;)

During Lenin's first term as Chairman, a women was appointed to the Central Committee for the first time. Lenin ended sexist labour laws that prevented women from working in factories, and allowed women to serve in the Red Army alongside men. He also made it illegal for anyone to prevent anyone else from voting - a law clearly aimed at preventing men from barring their wives from voting. I very much doubt granting women absolute equality makes him a misogynist in anyone's eyes except for the True Germans.

All of which were damaging to the women of our nation. With his unstable personality, he has been prone to such spiteful and passively aggressive acts throughout his political career. Think of all the women Lenin has thrown before the guns of his enemies. Think of the one woman Lenin is directly responsible for gunning down. He put her into that position as to make her a martyr and fuel his goals. Who can stand the thought of such a dreadful thing as the loss of our poor, beloved Rosa? It would take an absolute monster of a man! There is only one such monster infiltrating our ranks: Lenin!

Last edited:
All of which were damaging to the women of our nation. With his unstable personality, he has been prone to such spiteful and passively aggressive acts throughout his political career. Think of all the women Lenin has thrown before the guns of his enemies. Think of the one woman Lenin is directly responsible for gunning down. He put her into that position as to make her a martyr and fuel his goals. Who can stand the thought of such a dreadful thing as the loss of our poor, beloved Rosa? It would take an absolute monster of a man! There is only one such monster infiltrating our ranks: Lenin!

By that logic, then, the military in general should be abolished, since we're also throwing men before the guns of our enemies. Or do women get special treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.