• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GloryGloryByzantium

First Lieutenant
38 Badges
Mar 10, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Let pops of a certain culture group assimilate to a culture within that group that is assimilated. For example, If I'm Seleukids, let the Iranian pops assimilate not only to Macedonian culture, but also to Persian culture since that culture is integrated. Perhaps tie it to cultural decisions such as 'Promote Cultural Administrators'. This would also also for historical changes such as Anatolian becoming further Hellenized under Roman rule (as is, Anatolia would become Latinized rather than Hellenized).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Agreed on assimilation to integrated cultures. A recent suggestion from me envisions it like this:

• Better assimilation: pops should prefer to assimilate into integrated cultures in their group in the first instance, the largest integrated culture in the province/territory if no culture in their group is integrated, and to the primary culture otherwise. This would result in more diverse empires, and would also ensure integration matters long term (and create more realistic cultural distribution).

This would, in my view, provide a relatively clear mechanic that would allow the player to predict how and why integration happens while also a creating diverse and realistic culture spread.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd love this, not only to make the game feel more realistic and organic, but also to allow cultivation of certain cultures for the purpose of raising certain levies - which you can currently do, but you're more or less stuck with a fixed amount of pops of each culture, and your primary culture will inevitably become by far the largest contributor to your levies over time, no matter how many other cultures you integrate.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I just made a mod to crudely replicate this, tied to that "Promote Citizen Administrators" cultural decision just as you suggested. Hopefully, Paradox listens to the several suggestions about this and makes it possible to do the right way, but until then, I cobbled something together that gets close. Here's the link to it on the Steam Workshop.

Reactions:
I'd like to add to this a scenario I'd like to see (because I thought it worked like this).

I was playing as Rome and integrated "Italiotian" culture with nobility rights. What I was hoping would happen was that as I assimilated the Greek mainland, they'd become Italiotian instead of Roman. In hindsight, for the levies I should have chosen Macedonian, but I thought it would be very funny to fill Greece with Italiotian as if the Greek colonizers of Italy had come home to colonize Greece.

So in short I'd like to conquer Greece and then the culture map of Greece shows them as weird Italian Greeks. I think that'd be funny.

Edit: There seem to be ways to manipulate migration for this purpose, but it seems very complicated.

Last edited: