• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maj. von Mauser said:
I find it highly unlikely hta a county controlling those totally industrious areas of Africa and the Urals would be a superpower, more just a huge useless tract of worthless land.
Yes, well pretty much none of the original Draka timeline is historically accurate at all.

The Wookiee: Thank you very much for sorting out the title problem! As for the picture, I just re-sized it to 900 pixels; I promise that all future pictures will be that size or smaller, too.

rcduggan: I never was really sure why so much went the same, even after such large changes. Nevertheless, things did turn out that way in this universe.

BritishImperial:
For something to overshadow the Nazis in evilness certainly takes some doing, but the Draka certainly do it. That is why they must be crushed.

wilegfass: I intend to do more than resist domination; I'm aiming for the destruction of the Draka, or at least Germany being one of the remaining superpowers in the end, if it comes down to a cold war.

Crush3r:
It is the USSR, same as in the real world, but it is much weaker than in real life because it has to station half its army on its border with the Draka. It should be much easier on Barbarossa, which is good because I normally hate fighting the USSR.

wilegfass: :rofl:

Merlowe: They avoided Europe in the beginning, but that is no longer the case. . . now they want world domination, which is bad.

First Steps
"Hitler seems intent on keeping his promises and expanding Germany into its own European empire. . . while the Draka are much larger and powerful for now, in the future it is Germany that poses the bigger threat to the security of the United States."
--New York Times, December 1935
The following is an excerpt from First Steps Toward Empire: Germany from Anchluss the the Eurasian War:

. . . expansion, but his goal of uniting the German people was the one he started out with, his reasoning being that it would be much easier to expand further once that had occurred. He began with the country with the biggest German population, Austria. Austria was annexed on March 4, 1936 (see Fig. 1), three years after the Nazi Party rose to power.

Draka12-1.jpg

Fig. 1​

Hitler, of course, was not about to stop with that, as it was well short of his dream of a German "manifest destiny." His next victim was Czechoslovakia, from which he demanded the ethnically-German Sudetenland in September of 1936 (see Fig. 2)

Draka13.jpg

Fig. 2​

The Czech government was unwilling to go as easily as Austria; in response to the German demands, they declared war (see Fig. 3). The reasoning behind this was that the two nations would end up in a war eventually, and it would be better sooner rather than later for Czechoslovakia, as their intelligence stated that the Wehrmacht was disorganized and out of position for a war.

Draka14.jpg

Fig. 3​

While Germany's armed forces were certainly not disorganized, they were out of position for war (see Fig. 4). The Wehrmacht was assured that Czechoslovakia would easily give into demands, and thus was mainly positioned along the French and Polish borders, as their armies were equal to, if not superior to, the German army at this time. As the Wehrmacht raced to the Czech border, Czech units likewise raced south into Austria. Vienna fell and Czechoslovakian forces were advancing on Innsbruck before most of western Czechoslovakia was overrun by German forces.

Draka15.jpg

Fig. 4​

While the Czech gamble looked like it would pay off in the beginning, the actual result was that the Czechoslovakian army was, ironically, out of position in Austria and unable to defend its nation (Fig. 5). The war only lasted for a month and a week, until the final annexation on November 6, 1936. German forces occupied Slovakia for. . .
Draka16.jpg

Fig. 5​

Last edited:
A fast beginning, indeed. At this pace -by November 1936 we have got ride of the Munich pact-, I see you in Moscow by September 1939. :D Well done.

bloody stupid czech ai. did you speed up the annexations/anschlusses, or does the mod do that?

Are you planning on becoming a one world state or are you going to use allies?

The event text seems to think that Anschluss occurred in 1938.

It did, I guess this is because it is from an alternate history mod.

Wenis said:
It did, I guess this is because it is from an alternate history mod.
Clearly. Anschluss happened on March 4, 1936.

I was wondering why the text hadn't been changed.

The Czechs have fallen, now just the rest of Europe to go. Are there events for interactions between the Draka and Germany?

dublish said:
Clearly. Anschluss happened on March 4, 1936.

I was wondering why the text hadn't been changed.
The others were changed. Maybe just a slip.

Kurt_Steiner: Thank you, but unfortunately I doubt that an early Moscow is in progress.

BritishImperial, dublish, Wenis, wilegfass:
The mod speeds up the events, because they happen earlier in the book. As for the text, well nothing is perfect.

Crush3r:
I'm thinking that I will have allies; no world-occupation for me.

Enewald:
That is the way it happened in the book.

Jaspume:
Thanks.

rcduggan: Unfortunately, no event interactions so far. I don;t think any are written.

Tempestuousness Before the Storm
This alliance is between two powers located on opposite sides of the globe, and thus they cannot support each other in tactical operations. It is an alliance of convenience, in order to distract the Allied powers with two fronts. . . In the long run, this alliance will not stop our advance.
Draka Internal Memo, July 1939
The following is an excerpt from First Steps Toward Empire: Germany from Anchluss the the Eurasian War:

. . . annexation, Germany split Czechoslovakia in two (see Fig. 1). Out of the western region Bohemia and Moravia was formed, a "protectorate" of the Reich. In reality it was occupied by German forces. Eastern Czechoslovakia Hitler had no use for, so he decided to make an offer to Hungary: Hungary would get eastern Czechoslovakia, and in exchange it would ally with Germany. Hungary accepted, and the "Axis" alliance upon which Europe was to spin was created on November 26, 1936.

Draka25.jpg

Fig. 1​

In an attempt to improve relations with other second-tier powers and to marginalize the Soviet Union, on May 22, 1937 Germany signed a treaty with Italy and Japan (Hungary was a minor power) [see Fig. 2]. This group, having signed the "Anti-Comintern Pact," agreed to work together to contain international communism. The USSR, for obvious reasons, denounced the pact.

draka21.jpg

Fig. 2​

Hitler's goal of uniting the German people was furthered once more on March 24, 1939, when he demanded the German city of Memel from Lithuania (see Fig. 3). Lithuania, fearing the German war machine, agreed and ceded the city to the Reich.

draka22.jpg

Fig. 3​

In another move to set up for the Eurasian War, Japan joined Germany's alliance as a full partner on June 30, 1939 (see Fig. 4). This was in the interest of both powers, as Germany planned to soon be at war with the Allies and wanted to distract them with a second front over their colonies in the Pacific; Japan, after absorbing much of China in the early 1920s, had looked for decades eagerly at the European colonies, but was unable to strike at the European homelands.

draka23-1.jpg

Fig. 4​

On August 24, 1939, the final pieces were set in place for the Eurasian War with the secret signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact (see Fig. 5). In this, Germany and the Soviet Union planned to carve up Eastern Europe between the two nations.

draka24-1.jpg

Fig. 5​

The stage was set for war, and the only question was not if, but when it would come. . .

draka26.jpg

The Axis alliance in mid-1939. Key: Red - Germany, Japan; Light Red - Hungary​

Last edited:
War is looming, and that's always a good thing in HoI2 :D

And don't give in to Hungary's demands at the Vienna Diktat, pls pls pls!

whats the black next to japan's china?

edit: holy poo i just realised its draka :eek:o didnt know theyd got that much land