• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Define "astronomically low"? Statistically, "long" runs of heads or tails in coin flips are actually more common than most people intuitively think they should be. It's not uncommon to see runs of four or five. In 200 fair coin flips you should expect to see at least one run of 7, and runs of 10 or more occur with about 5% probability

People always think of it in terms of, "It should be equally likely you'll get heads as tails." What people fail to realize is that probabilities stretch beyond singular notions. In other words, it's equally true to say, "It should be equally likely you'll get a long run as not."

People always think of it in terms of, "It should be equally likely you'll get heads as tails." What people fail to realize is that probabilities stretch beyond singular notions. In other words, it's equally true to say, "It should be equally likely you'll get a long run as not."
Let me tell you, moderating these threads as a six sigma green belt is often hair-pullingly frustrating.

I remember, once, at a pub, having a conversation with someone who remarked that it was "strange that air disasters happened so close together" and I asked them, "If a plane crashes on Tuesday what day is most likely to have the next plane crash?" to which they had no answer. Wednesday is of course the answer, for it to happen on Thursday it must first not happen on Wednesday. For it to be Friday it must first not happen on Wednesday and Thursday.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If you're talking about rulers there's a mod called "fewer female rulers". Part of the issue in vanilla I think is a lot of males dying in combat (plenty of mods trying to fix that one). Brothers, Nephews and other "strangers" don't inherit before daughters and voila there you go.

interesting. the real problem, IMHO, is all the men getting armour for their 16th birthday and running off to be hacked to death

Thats why you go into the knights setting and forbid your sons from getting hacked to death. Unless a son of mine is like 20 prowess I disable it I was tired of having my 3 prowess sons thinking it was a good idea to run into a bunch of swords and spears

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thats why you go into the knights setting and forbid your sons from getting hacked to death. Unless a son of mine is like 20 prowess I disable it I was tired of having my 3 prowess sons thinking it was a good idea to run into a bunch of swords and spears

There should be filters for the liege and liege's children and the default should be forbid or at least forbid unless with martial education.

Also, i miss the battlefield events from CK2 giving an additional layer of chance to survive a random death in battle. That should extend to the liege's children (not just heir).

Honestly, liege and the liege's children needs to be identified separately all together in the game, and have battlefield events associated with it. A generous/just liege might reward a knight's family handsomly if he sacrificed himself in battle to protect the prince, for example.

• 3Like
Reactions: