• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's more complicated.
Unlike in English, [etc. etc.]

I'm pretty sure you're teaching le français to un Français there. ;)

Otherwise, another good update. One does wonder how many coup attempts the government are going to allow Napoleon III, however… :p

It's more complicated.
Unlike in English, family names are invariable in French, so we write "Vive les Bonaparte". But there are exceptions, when this is a dynasty name, we can write "Les Bourbons" or "Les Tudors", because it is not considered as the family name but as the dynasty name... So you can add an "S" in plural. :confused: (<-- my face when I learn this).

Back to the subject (way more important than French grammatical rules), I reaaly like your AAR. I recently started a game with France (but I don't have any mod) and I'm really interested what you'll do with this. :)
In my game, I didn't want no Bonaparte.
So many french speakers who also speak English. I blame it on your educational system which actually works. So does "Les Bonapartes" work?

And why no Napoleon? Napoleon was the greatest leader France ever saw (and no mod too:()!

I'm pretty sure you're teaching le français to un Français there. ;)

Otherwise, another good update. One does wonder how many coup attempts the government are going to allow Napoleon III, however… :p
I wish this was /gsg/ because you can have two outcomes for the coup in /gsg/. One is the PDM way, he fails. But he can actually succeed if you allow him to and your country becomes the French Empire easy before 1840.

And just to make things extra confusing, you've also got English speakers who can speak French. :p
Wut?

Brain explodes
On as serious note, the Francophone forums don't have many people there. The real activity is on the English forums so that is probably why the French speakers all comes here (I think).

"Vive les Bonaparte" is the correct one.
But to be honest, this is a common mistake even for french speakers. :)
Okay
While we are talking about common mistakes, why has no one commented Napoleon's title in the first post?

I am pretty sure he was Emperor of the French, not the Emperor of France.
That is true. Will fix.

Poll because of problem

There is a problem. Apparently, my troops had no organization despite having 30% organization bar so 80,000 of my finest troops got wiped in 6 days by 45,000 Prussian troops that had just lost two battles. Is it fine if I cheat and instantly rebuilt my army?
I have 9,000 troops in Europe now, while Prussia and her allies have organized 80k on the Western Front and 75k on the Eastern front against Austria.

There is no way I will win without cheating now, I have 9k troops on the Western front with 30k Sardinian reinforcements with the Austrians attacking piece- meal and getting crushed.

Choices:
Cheat, Victoria II is buggy anyways!
Reload, less cheating and more :)! 1 Vote
Don't be a bum, be a hopelessly defeated France!

Last edited:
I vote for reloading.