• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well, boy do i wish i knkew how to mod/play around with something heavier than changing numbers in a define, or adding an extra tier/option to a tenet/doctrine. Cause so many of the gay concubine/consort mods seem to just enable it universally; would rather one that makes it a doctrine choice for religions >_<

Reactions:
well, boy do i wish i knkew how to mod/play around with something heavier than changing numbers in a define, or adding an extra tier/option to a tenet/doctrine. Cause so many of the gay concubine/consort mods seem to just enable it universally; would rather one that makes it a doctrine choice for religions >_<
I haven't had time to update my mod yet, but should by the end of the day. Mine adds a new doctrine level that enables same-sex concubinage, plus new doctrine levels for the other "crime" doctrines that add other features.

Celebrate Crimes

Edit: updated it for patch 1.4 including same-sex concubines, but a few more features to be added this weekend when I have more time.

Edit: Updated the mod to have some perks for same-sex concubines

Last edited:
  • 4Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
CK Community:
Zunist Roman Habsburg Sex-Caliphate of Atlantis -> XDDD epic alt-history
LGBT People -> what the fuck get the politics out of my video game!! As a layman this is totally unfeasable and ahistorical I bet you haven't even read every scientfic paper on medieval cum etiquette, gamergate gameragte REEEE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
haha that one random account, which I can't name it on public, has responded to me with that fashion. haha.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Paradoxically, playing with same-sex concubines enabled has really made obvious how much of a hole the absence of same-sex marriage leaves in the game. :/

• 2Like
Reactions:

As someone who just managed to create a new holding type to build, made it so you can convert to it from the regular castle holding and back, it's quite rewarding to learn to mod stuff. Although the downside is that you will spend hours restarting the game while testing and won't have time to play the game :/

• 1Like
Reactions:
As someone who just managed to create a new holding type to build, made it so you can convert to it from the regular castle holding and back, it's quite rewarding to learn to mod stuff. Although the downside is that you will spend hours restarting the game while testing and won't have time to play the game :/

That was me but for Skyrim. ~1000 hours in the game, 1000's more between the Nexus, xEdit, gimp, Mod Organizer...

Before all this mess blew up, I was actually trying to figure out how to mod the game myself. I'd had some vague ideas for a fairy tale/fantasy-themed mod, and after things got heated here I started trying to think of events involving gay marriage (historical- or fantasy-themed) that I could work on. But at this point, even if I do someday come back to the game (which is still contingent on them adding gay marriage to the game without mods needed), I don't think I could bring myself to get invested in learning the scripting language. As all this has shown, the possibility of them just hardcoding out something vital to a mod you've poured dozens of hours in to -- without even telling the player base they're doing it -- is always going to be there, and far too devastating if it destroys your labor of love. I just couldn't bear to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Before all this mess blew up, I was actually trying to figure out how to mod the game myself. I'd had some vague ideas for a fairy tale/fantasy-themed mod, and after things got heated here I started trying to think of events involving gay marriage (historical- or fantasy-themed) that I could work on. But at this point, even if I do someday come back to the game (which is still contingent on them adding gay marriage to the game without mods needed), I don't think I could bring myself to get invested in learning the scripting language. As all this has shown, the possibility of them just hardcoding out something vital to a mod you've poured dozens of hours in to -- without even telling the player base they're doing it -- is always going to be there, and far too devastating if it destroys your labor of love. I just couldn't bear to do it.

I don't remember them hardcoding out stuff besides the concubine thing, and that was reverted. As time passes they do enable more stuff, for instance in ck2 they enabled the ability to trigger a sex change through events, which you could then mod in into some spells or curses or similar. Although the game is still young so it would be disshartening to spend hours upon hours of finding a solution just for them to disable a key feature or even enable a single command that completely replaces your hours of hard work.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't remember them hardcoding out stuff besides the concubine thing, and that was reverted..
I mean, we never expected them to hardcode out gay concubinage in the first place, and yet they did. Which either means that it's a general policy of theirs that they'll hardcode out stuff without notice if it makes their job easier -- which means it might happen again in the future -- or they wouldn't do it in most cases, but felt it was just fine to do something so drastic for this specific function -- which smacks of homophobia. I can't say which of those it might be, but neither of them makes me eager to invest my time in modding the game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I mean, we never expected them to hardcode out gay concubinage in the first place, and yet they did.

Well even marriage is hardcoded, I mean how many of us bought the game just thinking no worries if no same-sex marriage in the game vanilla, someone's gonna mod it. But nope, wasn't possible. And now we're still waiting on this to be updated. Not even for it to be added vanilla but to be able to mod it. This is where I am baffled.

Even with the next expansion, with the focus on culture and being able to adapt and change cultural aspect, I'm left wondering what about same-sex marriage? Already we can modify religion in the game, and now culture, but still we won't be able to have same-sex marriage in the game vanilla.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Well even marriage is hardcoded, I mean how many of us bought the game just thinking no worries if no same-sex marriage in the game vanilla, someone's gonna mod it. But nope, wasn't possible. And now we're still waiting on this to be updated. Not even for it to be added vanilla but to be able to mod it. This is where I am baffled.

Even with the next expansion, with the focus on culture and being able to adapt and change cultural aspect, I'm left wondering what about same-sex marriage? Already we can modify religion in the game, and now culture, but still we won't be able to have same-sex marriage in the game vanilla.

Thing is, births are currently wacky. I have female concubines and I impregnate one with console the kid won't show me/other parent as a parent (only shows one) but I will still see the kid under my kids. But if I impregnate(console again) someone who I don't have as a concubine it looks like the kid is assigned a random father or no father at all.

I mean, we never expected them to hardcode out gay concubinage in the first place, and yet they did. Which either means that it's a general policy of theirs that they'll hardcode out stuff without notice if it makes their job easier -- which means it might happen again in the future -- or they wouldn't do it in most cases, but felt it was just fine to do something so drastic for this specific function -- which smacks of homophobia. I can't say which of those it might be, but neither of them makes me eager to invest my time in modding the game.

I wouldn't attribute to malice what can better be explained by simple oversight. Some overworked programmer probably realised it was causing problems, and disabled it without a second thought (given it wasn't intended functionality in the first place). I'm pretty pleased Paradox has understood the problem and has committed dev time to fixing it (and QAing the fix, etc). Just wish we didn't have to wait so long.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I wouldn't attribute to malice what can better be explained by simple oversight. Some overworked programmer probably realised it was causing problems, and disabled it without a second thought (given it wasn't intended functionality in the first place). I'm pretty pleased Paradox has understood the problem and has committed dev time to fixing it (and QAing the fix, etc). Just wish we didn't have to wait so long.
That still falls into the first category, though -- they'll code things out if it makes things easier for them. Maybe not malicious, but certainly not actually showing any concern for the modding community.

And this thread was up for six months with no actual acknowledgement from the developers until they hardcoded a feature out and the thread blew up. Then, they finally took a little notice, when their hands were forced. And it's been five months since then, and all they've managed to do in that time is get back to where they started -- not actually making any progress. Theoretically, the next major update will get at least part of what people wanted -- but that's basically taking an entire year from the issue being raised to actually semi-fixing it. And they've still been very quiet about the matter -- obviously seeing it as less of a public relations priority than being able to make your map color green or adding cup-bearers to events. (To name just a couple of things they've done teasers about.) If this issue is a major focus for anyone at Paradox, they've done a very poor job of expressing it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I do hope that the promise of same sex marriage being moddable is kept. I hope this change isn't "forgotten"...

Seems it's still a while for the next patch, even more so how they mentioned now that they are having new members into the dev team. I wonder if they could release a patch before Royal Court (since it's been months since the last patch) and maybe this would be included in.

Reactions:
I do hope that the promise of same sex marriage being moddable is kept. I hope this change isn't "forgotten"...

Seems it's still a while for the next patch, even more so how they mentioned now that they are having new members into the dev team. I wonder if they could release a patch before Royal Court (since it's been months since the last patch) and maybe this would be included in.
It has not been forgotten, it'll be in the 1.5 Royal Court patch (1.5 used to be called 1.4 before we did the Azure patch if you look through historical dev answers and get confused as to the numbers) as was stated before. And the concubine change was moved to being softcoded in 1.4 Azure already.

Nothing has been posted in this thread since then because there isn't really more to add, it is coming in 1.5 and until 1.5 is released not much to update y'all on.

It is not going to get a unique patch, that is not feasible for anything larger than a critical hotifx in general.
The process of releasing a patch is more than just pushing a button with a change in it. We've got to explicitly back track to a version of 1.4 and then to pull in all the variety of code and content changes made to support something as well as then test that specific version across multiple builds and distribution platforms, which when not already planned for is not great to try and retroactively do as all of that takes time.

• 6Like
Reactions:
It has not been forgotten, it'll be in the 1.5 Royal Court patch (1.5 used to be called 1.4 before we did the Azure patch if you look through historical dev answers and get confused as to the numbers) as was stated before. And the concubine change was moved to being softcoded in 1.4 Azure already.

Nothing has been posted in this thread since then because there isn't really more to add, it is coming in 1.5 and until 1.5 is released not much to update y'all on.

It is not going to get a unique patch, that is not feasible for anything larger than a critical hotifx in general.
The process of releasing a patch is more than just pushing a button with a change in it. We've got to explicitly back track to a version of 1.4 and then to pull in all the variety of code and content changes made to support something as well as then test that specific version across multiple builds and distribution platforms, which when not already planned for is not great to try and retroactively do as all of that takes time.
Thank you for the answer, and I'm very sorry that I was rather hasty in making accusations. Like you said there hasn't been much going on and I kind of expected the worst, but I really thank you for taking the time to reply and reassure everyone.

• 3Like
Reactions: