• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ecclesiasdeez__nutz

Second Lieutenant
66 Badges
Jul 30, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
I think it would be cool to have the option of leaving behind your lands to your non-heir sons after winning a varangian adventure. It makes sense realistically, and in game terms would also help bump up renown as well as make your next sucession a little more manageble in the new lands. I'm not sure if this would be over powered, but varangian adventure are already more for flavor than anything for the player. This would at least provide some benefits to help round it out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
maybe if they got "disinherited" after. but imo, no. if this applied to Brothers,uncles etc then that would make more sense imo. unless the kids are grown.

Yeah it should be optional, maybe it could fire as an event afterwards. If you're not breeding strategically it's pretty easy to get a couple of grown sons who would decimate your new land on succession

Yeah it should be optional, maybe it could fire as an event afterwards. If you're not breeding strategically it's pretty easy to get a couple of grown sons who would decimate your new land on succession
linked to an event would be cool. where you bring your grown sons if they arent disinherited or have bad opinion of you. it would make sense they want to go with their father to conquer and adventure to sail to distant shores etc. but if they are craven or have bad opinion of you/ or if they are disinherited then they stay and take over the land?

it would be bad if you had say 3 sons and u left out of diplomacy range and now your sons got left behind but still get some of your new land + the old shit. would be stupid. and it would make sense for the player/father to decide if the kids come or not. (which they would most certainly want them to do)

even if they're not disinherited, it seems like it makes sense to me that a younger son might decide to stick around to take over their fathers lands, rather than continuing on with them as a vassal.

Reactions:
I’m a big fan of more of the game taking place in event chains to take it more in the path of a story rpg. Although I know most of the posters on this forum prefer traditional pdx game mechanics which I personally find makes for a bland game.

I think it would be cool to have the option of leaving behind your lands to your non-heir sons after winning a varangian adventure. It makes sense realistically, and in game terms would also help bump up renown as well as make your next sucession a little more manageble in the new lands. I'm not sure if this would be over powered, but varangian adventure are already more for flavor than anything for the player. This would at least provide some benefits to help round it out.

Actually, you can already do that. If you grant independance to your sons before peacing out, they'll be kept out of the Varangian Adventure schenanigans. And granting them any duchy title will automatically grant them independance, even if you're at war.

It's easy to do for any non-primary heir, as long as you have a spare duchy title to grant them; a bit more difficult for the primary heir, if you have a lot of sons, because you can't grant your primary title, so the primary heir needs to be set to inherit at least 2 duchy titles for this to work.

Actually, you can already do that. If you grant independance to your sons before peacing out, they'll be kept out of the Varangian Adventure schenanigans. And granting them any duchy title will automatically grant them independance, even if you're at war.

It's easy to do for any non-primary heir, as long as you have a spare duchy title to grant them; a bit more difficult for the primary heir, if you have a lot of sons, because you can't grant your primary title, so the primary heir needs to be set to inherit at least 2 duchy titles for this to work.

yeah, i just wish there was a more streamlined/less gamey way to achieve the same end. Varangian Adventure already is relatively weak compared to other war CBs, so i feel like buffing it a little bit here wouldn't be unreasonable.

yeah, i just wish there was a more streamlined/less gamey way to achieve the same end. Varangian Adventure already is relatively weak compared to other war CBs, so i feel like buffing it a little bit here wouldn't be unreasonable.

It's not particularly gamey tbh.

And Varangian Adventures CB is the most powerful CB there is, as you can get 3k free and inheritable MAAs, for the 1st time each of your rulers use it.

Combine this with the Scandinavian Elective, and you can get 3k MAA every 3 to 5 years. I managed to stack more than 50k of those by 950 AD 50 years.

If there's one CB that doesn't need a buff, it's this one imo :)