• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lishord

Recruit
30 Badges
Sep 11, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I'm doing a walk-through of the game before explaining/playing with friends and came across something that I'm not sure if I am doing correctly.

If I'm playing Scenario 1: Jerusalem and if nobody is playing a certain dynasty (in this case, the English), would I place a character card on Normandy? Or would it be off-limits? I know England as a greater whole is off-limits because the culture thing, but what about a territory outside of their culture?

where do you buy it
As far as i know, you can find it on Amazon. Not sure where else... some game board retailers should have it.

I'm doing a walk-through of the game before explaining/playing with friends and came across something that I'm not sure if I am doing correctly.

If I'm playing Scenario 1: Jerusalem and if nobody is playing a certain dynasty (in this case, the English), would I place a character card on Normandy? Or would it be off-limits? I know England as a greater whole is off-limits because the culture thing, but what about a territory outside of their culture?
The best place for gameplay help is the BoardGameGeek website , they have excellent forums there.

Maybe a bit late to respond to OP, but in case anyone else wanted the answer to this - almost definitely you would place a character card in Normandy, just as you would place a blocker shield over territories in the Britain region not owned by England (eg. Scotland, Wales, and Ireland). The blockers are done by region, not based on what territories the player in question would normally control.

You can find it on page 28 of the rulebook under "Number of Players":

For games with fewer than five players (human or AI), simply remove one or two of the Dynasties from the scenario. All territories belonging to the same Culture as the removed Dynasties are off-limits and not accessible.
(emphasis mine - it's same culture territories, not territories ordinarily controlled by said nation)