• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Porcius

Second Lieutenant
Paradox Staff
59 Badges
Mar 23, 2001
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
I posted earlier regarding the 'missing monarch' leaders, and have figured out was going on. I was looking at the leaders.xls file, which includes Suleiman, Henry VII, Peter the Great, etc.

However, in the NA1.08 version, the country leaders files (leaders.eng, for example), these monarchs are not listed. Poland has hers, as does Sweden, but the other Major Powers do not.

Did the European versions have these monarchs available as military leaders? If so, why the inconsistency in the North American version? I know I could edit this myself, but I'd rather have someone connected to the game address this.(I'm not sure what values to include for negotiation or fidelity anyway)

Porcius

Yes, but...

Yeah. I figured that out, hence my question.

Is Peter the Great available as a general in the European versions, i.e., is he in the leaders.rus file? He's not in the NA version. If so, why was he removed? He is a great tzar, would make a good general. If not, why is he in the xls?

What is the purpose of the leaders.xls file anyway? It makes a nice reference, and is easier to read, but if it doesn't conform to what is actually in the game, why bother?

The game is great, but I need (well, not need, want) to know what is going on here. If I can't use Peter or Suleiman or Henry VIII as the xls file implies, should I edit the appropriate files to stick them in?

This is not essential knowledge, certainly, but before I go messing around in my data files, I want to know what is supposed to be happening here.

Porcius

AFAIK the leaders.xls file as well as the 'warring' stats for some monarchs are leftovers from an earlier concept of implementing leaders in the game. (I think it was planned to have a chance that certain monarchs will appear as leaders also.) If I´m not mistaken, these thingies are of no use now. So only those monarchs should show up as leaders, which in fact have already another entry in the leaderfiles.

Hartmann

Thanks

Thanks. That clears things up a little.

Their continued inclusion in an xls file is a little peculiar, but I guess I will accept it as just another little quirk of a wonderful and dangerously addictive game.

The choices made were a little odd (Peter the Great and Ivan IV loved leading their Russian armies - their omission is disappointing), but I'll defer to the wisdom of the designers.

My Turks can now rest easy knowing that only the Poles will throwing kingly weight at them. On to Moscow!

Porcius