• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

akinata

Major
24 Badges
Jun 8, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
killing a leader could increase temporarily your reputation for displaying unmatched skill at defeating other leaders.
losing your leader could decrease temporarily your reputation as you are showing a very weak side to other factions.

a leader upon death could have a chance of dropping his main or secondary weapon or unique mod.

EDIT:
you could also earn a bit of influence by killing an enemy leader.
if your leader die you could either lose some influence or be unable to use that ressource (to perform diplomacy with npc factions) until he/she comes back to life.

anyway, we should get a sort of bonus (even if a minor one) upon killing a leaser (as they come back at full strenght only 3 turn after death.)
and a sort of malus to keep us from killing our leader too often becasue he is immortal anyway.
no diplomacy option with other players is neat but not enough of a downside.
maybe also stop diplomacy and quests with neutral npc until the leader revive?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I'm a new player and it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure killing enemy hero units DOES have them drop gear, you gotta pick it up on the map after the battle. And you actually are unable to do certain negotiations with them when they're 'temporarily dead', they're seen floating on their screen instead of standing, and many options are grayed-out (if I remember right).

But I do agree that there should indeed be some kind of "Whoah, that commander's got guts!" bonus, for better or worse.

heroes deos drop their stuff upon dying. but only the weapons, (i don't remeber seeing them drop unique mods?).
but a leader will never drop anything.