• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

La Longue Carabine

Private
74 Badges
Oct 7, 2017
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hey guys long time forum creep who has become completely awed at the amazing AAR's that have came out of AGEOD games! The first one I read was Narwhal and Loki's begginer AAR for WIA and I was hooked immediately. I showed my buddy that AAR and now we can't get enough of them! But since we figured we have read just about all of them and have dabbled with a few games ourselves, we would like to have a go at doing our own post! We have chosen to do the FIW, we both like Last of the Mohicans and this game has given us so much historic depth (especially General Hoths AAR) that we are both excited to jump right in. Neither of us have done an AAR before so just bear with us, we are also semi -green to the game itself but I think we can put together a compelling report on our take of one of the more obscure but overall extremely important moments in North America history. Without further ado I bring to you Le Longue CAARabine and the War for the Great Frontier!

Guess who's baking pastries and claiming lands that don't belong to them... Sounds like a suspiciously English thing to do doesn't it? Welllll that's cause it is. Welcome to the French and Indian War!! His majestic majesty the honorable King Louis XIV has thrown out his robes and is out for scalps this time.

We'll be processing some of the first turns today, with the first reports coming out soon after. Return to your farms for now peasants! Tend to those potato crops and I'll summon you again shortly.

Okay so the image button doesn't work to well but straight URL's work sooooo we are back!

I believe most here know the history of this conflict (if you don't check out General Hoth vs Narwhal they did an amazing job with the history) so I'm going ot more or less jump right into the action. We have just one house rule and that is Gen. Braddock's column must attempt his expedition.

So Gen. Braddock's on his way, I attempted to do a forced march, believe it was a 55% chance... definitely trusting Braddock.

Shirley's garrison in Albany, and selected is Delancy's Manhattan garrison.

The Army of Nova Scotia, patrolling and suppressing the unruly Acadians. I'm stopping before I attack Grandpre to keep my cohesion up, reduce hits from winter wear tear, and see if the French land any Marines from Fort Louisburg.

Little known John Winslow is garrisoned in Boston, would have moved him out if he was active, but I'll hold in Boston until I know for sure that the French aren't raiding New England.

So there are my starting moves. I will post these now knowing my opponent knows most of my starting forces anyway I have full confidence in my King, that we will have the resources to win this conflict.

Last edited:
Hey all, so now that I've finally figured things out, I'm going to be posting much more... however just like with most other AAR's I'm going to allow a few turns to happen so that the tyrannical King Loiuse the 14th or 15th or whatever he is doesn't get too much info...

I can say after one turn there was already a battle and it certainly surprised me. When we get a few turns deep I would like to go through my forces with you and gie you guys my battle plans. Any advice from you guys would be amazing too!

I'm awaiting further reports from my field commanders before posting, however I have been assured that the treacherous Iriquois were "Coming right for us," "Totally asking for it," and "Mostly heathens anyways."

It's a big ocean but the ravens have finally arrived with news of the first turn's action...

Canadian Militia flock to the colors, a glorious day for Canada.. and therefore the rest of the world

FZEAcia.png

Around Fort Duqesne the irregulars are out recruiting, luring in Natives with the promise of free college and hefty sign on bonuses

PZzm3Gk.png

Everyone's favorite gentleman Beaujeu has siezed the initiative and attacked Geneso with satisfactory effect

Esme1Dm.png

And in Acadia more recruitment as the militia and garrisoned regulars prepare to defend

UiqOSjZ.png

Braddock's column is repulsed! No big losses from either side, though in the future I will be more conscious of screenshotting battles. The question now is to pursue, or siege the fort?

BP2OMDG.png

The Acadian mountain men repulse a direct assault, but I suspect the British will be returning for another try at some point.

3zbcW4U.png

The siege of Halifax continues after a probing assault. The dozen or so people trapped inside the city walls are quite distressed I am sure.

wjEt76H.png

The siege here continues as well, Mr. Beaujeu who's name I will most definitely never misspell is concerned about the possibility of a British counterattack from Albany.

ZLqPog2.png

May 1755
So first things first, I trusted Gen. Braddock and he delivered (first notice), only 30 days til he reaches Fort Cumberland. I know the column will be tired and disorganized but I need to get to the fort quickly. I fear that the French and thier native allies will try to burn it.

Meanwhile in Acadia, Monckton's Army of Nova Scotia has partolled and hasn't spotted any French marines, so he is ordered to advance and take Grandpre. I believe will all the cohesion, Monckton should have no trouble taking this postion.

News just reached Albany... Attack!! Attack!! Looks like the wild French have attacked the peaceful Iroquis chief during negotiations will French leadership on remaing neutral in this conflict! Fortunatily he escaped with his life, and hopefully the natives decide to throw the negotiations in the trash and join the might British Empire!

The overall look of the New York theatre. A small war party is spotted near Lake Chaplain.

Also forgot to show William Johnson's mighty colonial force also stationed in Albany.

June 1755
This conflict may have evolved in earnest. British advances in two theatres have been halted rather abruptly. The French maybe harder to displace than His Majesty may have originally thought.

WH6TbJ6l.png

Monckton gets completely stopped at Grandpre. Wasn't the worst battle however the retreat was very sloppy (19 hits). A siege would have been a better option I believe.

3lLeNeJl.png

Monckton will recover this next month and hopefully make a better push in July.

1fULQlql.png

Meanwhile back near Fort Cumberland, Braddocks expedition accepted the challenge of forced march. While in this hurried column he was ambushed and beating by a French native force unknown to him. The battle itself was again not bad, however the retreat was less then optimal. It'll take more than just recovering at a small fort nearby. He is ordered back to Baltimore to refit and hopefully march out again.

7McRSS0l.png

The French commander Beaujeu (too many vowels for me) is still attacking a peaceful village in Iroquis nation. He was having a rough time beating up on the woman and children that were left there, but I fear more deaths will follow unless a relief force can be assembled in time.

Vi4nSbnl.png

Said relief force assembling.

TYVwJIBl.png

Ohio Valley theatre.

FG53SYwl.png

Northern theatre.

dh79syml.png

All quiet down south.

Summer is in full swing, as are French assaults in the Cumberland Valley! Orders are out..
gVk49nt.png

Fort Allen holds under relentless assault...
QrjYxKL.png

More English stubborness at Fort Cumberland
EhgEp4K.png

British troops mass near the great lakes..
Q0l27YP.png

What is this?? A Native Army slips through and begins the siege of Fort Niagara. Mr. Beaujeou is caught off guard because he is busy burning down a native village and massacring the AHEM I mean converting the populace.. nonetheless he is preparing to march back to the fort as smoke rises in the distance
J9VFXJW.png

July 1755

https://i.imgur.com/a9gT9Sp

Starting to assemble a couple columns here so I can start to project some power and defend Saint Sacrament (Fort William Henry soon).

[img]https://i.imgur.com/evgDzKW.png

After the pre-emptive murder of the Iroquois women and children, Chief Sangarech has assembled the tribes and has a plan. He believes that the French will either A. Stay and attack one more time and then move to Oswego to block the Fort being built in a few turns. Or more likely B. sack that poor village and try to head back to Fort Niagara. Chief hope its the second so he can ambush the French force first causing them to retreat out of Fort Niagara, and then he can siege Niagara himself with the hope of burning it to the ground in a month.

EU8MYNt.png

More seiging. Braddock doesn't have the organization to mount a relief yet.

Sg7tCxN.png

I spy a small French force moving down the valley. Possibly anticipating the building of Fort Carillon.

IKP4uMv.png

Monckton is starting to annoy me, but hopefully with some re organization he can lay a good siege on Grandpre and take it before the winter.

9kI83wGl.png

VP and loses up to this point. Once the winter hits and there aren't many moves I will break down what I think went well and what didn't and where the following campaign should look like.

6gir6nnl.png

Can't have to many supplies

August 1755

A huge success!!
xSgwCId.png

Chief Sangrecha succeeded in catching and beating the French Boujiuo (sp). I forgot to screen shot the battle but it wasn't very big no hits except for the French retreat (4hits). I tried an assault which was a minor victory no real damage on either side as the natives didn't have a lot of cohesion. They have recovered a lot though and i will try once more to assault before relief arrives.

Ca8IkfH.png

I believe this to be a risky move but I really don't want to lose teo forts and I think they will fall soon. Hopefully Braddock can engage and beat this small French force back and get some revenge for once. I moved him this route so I wouldn't get a river penalty.

mnEtVrE.png

I may be getting a little impatient with Monckton but he has all the tools to win the assault i believe. He better not let me down. If he fails I have another supply coming in to maintain a winter siege.

XYcmtWQ.png

Oswego should be open to build the fort. I send a force to do that. I also put Williams column in a defensive role to hold Saint Sacrament and build Fort William Henry.

Hopefully all these attacks work out before the campaign season ends.

To the walls!!! Pierre Perchot puts up a distinguished defense
q2mL72P.png

Good ol Capitan Claud burns down Fort Allen with everyone inside it
nYTlCLJ.png

Not to be outdown Mr. Francois follows suit, personally leading the assault on Fort Cucumberpatch
nYTlCLJ.png

Leaderless and cold.. the noble Acadians take a sharp defeat dealt out by the bold and treacherous Sir Monckton
dN3N5rY.png

From the desk of Sir Claude:

"It is with a heavy heart I must inform you that Braddock, despite having the charisma and strategic skill of a wet rock, leading a column of some 3,000 men somehow outmarched us and caught my men while attempting to withdraw at the place the Indians call Shan-nah-nah-nah-nda. I respectfully ask to be relieved of my command."

He did manage to burn down the fort, so I'm willing to forgive him for now
AGvFZUO.png

Atleast the natives are still out there getting scalps

rEceZVw.png

Sir Charles, despite having such an impressive list of last names, was unable to coordinate his attack properly in relief of the fort. I personally blame the unruly natives under his command, as well as the open terrain favoring
the British regulars.

mCLhkpr.png

A mixed reconnaisance force of French and Indian scouts are attacked at Crown Point, they pull back
to the safety of the fort with a large English force at their heels.

HSefYZT.png

87ICBwU.jpg

This winter is shaping up to be rather interesting with some serious action, something I didn't expect to see. We'll soon be seeing the year in review as myself and my limey opponent go over our strategies and how they panned out during the slower snowy turns.

Shirley has surely marched a bit far north for my taste. With winter falling soon, I decide to issue Mr. Chevaul an attack order.

cZmqgKS.png

French regulars are tired of the garrison life and want in on the action

JNjZXWm.png

"Long live the King, it is my pleasure to report to you a most goodly victory has been won this day. The English colonials have fallen back in disarray, and it is my wish to continue on in pursuit. Since this letter will take months to reach you I'm just going to do what I want anyways haha #yolo #frenchcanadaisbestcanada Yours Truly, Chevy"

KR9JLQJ.png

I am pleased with the results of this recent battle, and excited to see how Mr. Chevaul fairs as the snow begins to fall

E6vQr7i.png

September 1755

"The turn of Eh"
So I'll start with the good news.

RCG73Lul.png

Fort Edward has been built, and the way this conflict is going I'm going to need it!

Now for all the bad

mzDobRT.png

Fort Cumberland has fallen, Braddock is soley to blame and I'll make sure he knows it. Fort Duquesne will have to wait.

syg6N50.png

Monckton wins a decent battle but fails to take Grandpre. The Acadians can stay a little longer in Nova Scotia. If it wasn't for Braddock blowing his expedition, Monckton would be making the top of my poo list for sure. He has his extra supply so hopefully he can take Grandpre before the winter (no way I'm putting him in nice winter quarters, it's 100% his fault he's not in a cozy Acadian towne now.)

yLszPX4.png

Another stalemate, nogt really the cheifs fault. He will be moved elsewhere before the winter and hopefully gain some ground.

Bad boy General Braddock just happened to make it a couple days to late to save the people here. He did gight a decent battle a destroyed a native unit, but this will not be enough to save his future in the New World.

Now for the moves

IC7z15D.png

Mockton will camp out in Grandpre, he has military control of the area so I put him in a defensive stance.

wdlcWV8.png

Sir William will advance to Crown Point as it was historically his wish to bring the military fight to the French in this theatre.

szc0OMS.png

Cheif Sangrecha will attempt to attack the beat up french force in Niagara province. He will then move toward Fort Lebouf in an attempt to hinder future expeditions in from French Indians out west. I do not expect much from this but you never know.

That'll do for Semptember! For King George!

Hey sorry about posting a little out of turn this is both of our first AAR's so we are getting the hang out it. Luckily we live together at the moment so we have been able to talk about how to better be able to post in order and also give us a few more turns between posting and playing (I saw he landing some French regulars south of Acadia, and though I appreciate the knowledge I would rather find out on the field or through slick maneuvering) Thank you for keeping up with us as we learn the aspects of doing an AAR, and please don't forget to post and interact with us!!! -Chris