Launching the new launcher! (Coming with 1.29 Manchu)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, now we don't even see a little alert telling us if a mod is out of date and will crash the game as soon as we launch it (is it now expected of us to go to each mod workshop page and check the version?), about 75% of the space is empty noise and we have to edit a JSON file if we don't want to use the launcher.

Nice.

Well, you literally broken the game, good job. Right, that's a fact that the game loads up in few seconds, then i have random drops to 0 fps. I might have not the greatest laptop right now, but at least in the previous patch everything was working stable, also mods doesn't work after getting back to 1.28

My dlcs arent enabled ingame since the update, they are shown as active but it says not owned but i got every dlc. I tried turnining them off and on, restarted , checked the files for errors...

Also it took me some restarts till i was able to install the new launcher

Something has changed with the new resolutions.

I go down to 1920x1080 resolution because trying to read in 4k resolution would kill my eyes, but now the in-game mouse pointer is way too big, and blocks me from being able to see important things. How can I fix this?

Something has changed with the new resolutions.

I go down to 1920x1080 resolution because trying to read in 4k resolution would kill my eyes, but now the in-game mouse pointer is way too big, and blocks me from being able to see important things. How can I fix this?

When you start the game, can you make sure you start it in Fullscreen, and not Borderless Fullscreen?

Hello. I'm having trouble updating my current Steam Workshop EU4 mod with the new update, everytime i attempt to [Upload] the mod again using the new launcher to update to 1.29, and definitely selecting my mod (my original mod folder and .mod file) that's been in my /Europa Universalis 4/Mod directory. I get the following error: (https://imgur.com/QvFr0uZ). Is this a problem anyone else gets? Or is this a case of my .mod file being unrecognizable now?

(As an example, i'd copy/paste my mods from a backup folder i've put them in - to the /mod directory when i needed to work on it again and play the game with the mod to test. Then remove and put them in a backup once i've re-uploaded it again with new content. Would that cause problems with it's credentials?)

Any possibility of scaling down the size of the mod list somehow, or sorting them somehow other than manually dragging them? With 140 downloaded mods it's hard to navigate it.

Hello. I'm having trouble updating my current Steam Workshop EU4 mod with the new update, everytime i attempt to [Upload] the mod again using the new launcher to update to 1.29, and definitely selecting my mod (my original mod folder and .mod file) that's been in my /Europa Universalis 4/Mod directory. I get the following error: (https://imgur.com/QvFr0uZ). Is this a problem anyone else gets? Or is this a case of my .mod file being unrecognizable now?

(As an example, i'd copy/paste my mods from a backup folder i've put them in - to the /mod directory when i needed to work on it again and play the game with the mod to test. Then remove and put them in a backup once i've re-uploaded it again with new content. Would that cause problems with it's credentials?)

Reading form here:
- Select the mod you want to upload. All mods will be shown here, uploading any other than your own will fail with a credential error.

Did you do first the Create Mod step on the first post so everything gets setup properly for the new launcher?

So, can someone explain my boomer mind how to launch converted CK2 worlds so I can continue to play my mini mega campaign as now it doesnt show any converted worlds

Copy the Mod (converted CK2 game) from \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\eu4_export\mod to \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod

I hope this helps :)

Why don't my old mods for 1.28 show up on the mod list? Am I supposed to be converting these to the new format just to make local "master" mods from the /Steam/steamapps/common/Europa Universalis IV/mod folder show up at all?

Did you do first the Create Mod step on the first post so everything gets setup properly for the new launcher?

Wait, we're supposed to reupload *every single mod* in past patches or does this just update your existing workshop items?

Reading form here:

Oh, so you have to re-'create' your mod onto the workshop all fresh & new from scratch for 1.29? If so, thanks for the info

Is there any way to stop the moving pictures in the news part of the new launcher? While it looks nice, it's also a bit irritating and I suspect that it'll get worse with time instead of better.

Beyond that I find the rapid movement downwards if you click on game settings to be disorientating. I have no issues with it if I browse down slightly slower using the mouse wheel though.

Is there anything in particular actually gained from this swap over to a new launcher? It seems like this is going to be an inconvenient adjustment for us all for little gain, at least from my point of view.

Oh, so you have to re-'create' your mod onto the workshop all fresh & new from scratch for 1.29? If so, thanks for the info

Also be sure to pick Steam Workshop and not Paradoxplaza, Paradoxplaza will also give the error of invalid credentials.

Also, the new launcher seems to only remember what mods you have selected about half the time. Since you can only see the status of 5 of them without clicking "manage mods", the only way to see if clicking "done" in the "manage mods" screen took effect or not is to remember how many mods you have active when you return to the main launcher screen.