• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Melendor

Sergeant
27 Badges
Jan 31, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Hi

Stellaris is not working with my new computer (Windows 10). The launcher opens but the game does not.
I have already tried:
- to reinstall (deleting files);
- to verify integrity of files;
- to install x86 and x64;
- to add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app;

What should I do? :eek:(

In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless.

IF that doesn't help, Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

Hello everyone just passing on some info as i have this same problem and i'm able to bypass it by opening the game with the stellaris.exe file directly I think it has somthing to do with steam and the launcher as when i use the launcher it won't launch the game. stellaris file location is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris

hope this helps someone ether a player or the devs

Hello everyone just passing on some info as i have this same problem and i'm able to bypass it by opening the game with the stellaris.exe file directly I think it has somthing to do with steam and the launcher as when i use the launcher it won't launch the game. stellaris file location is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris

hope this helps someone ether a player or the devs
Thanks.
Unfortunately it didn't work.

In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless.

IF that doesn't help, Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .
Great! Borderless works!