• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ivagolas

Recruit
22 Badges
Mar 30, 2018
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello there, I have a problem with my stellaris game, it was working perfectly a few weeks ago but now is not working, the game just crash when I try to start it. If i try to do it from the launcher I get a red triangle that says "launching the game failed", but no error name or something.

I have done everything it's said to do in the forum, I have even uninstalled it and install it again twice, my other paradox games works fine but stellaris is the one that is not working. I have done already a lot of things to try fixing the problem but nothing have worked. Please help me with this issue.

In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless. THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

I have done everything step by step twice because those are in every related post I have seen in the forum but nothing worked. Also I can't find the settings.txt file, and there is no "logs" folder in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris, there is just a folder called ".launcher-cache" and some files that are not the required ones so I don't know if they are in other folder or I just don't have them, I just can attach the DxDiag and the pdx_settings.text files.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    113,5 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    277 bytes · Views: 0
The game is crashing in your nVidia driver:
+++ WER3 +++:
Depósito con errores 2102935625033641464, tipo 4
Nombre de evento: APPCRASH
Respuesta: No disponible
Identificador de archivo .cab: 0

Firma del problema:
P1: stellaris.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 60a29fd0
P4: nvd3dumx.dll
which is from 2016. Please do a clean reinstall of it:

- uninstall it and all other nVidia software
- reboot
- install the latest from here:
- reboot again

Good luck with that!

I did that and I get the latest one from 2019 but is stil not working, I know my pc is not the ideal pc to run stellaris but I know it runs on it, because I have played stellaris in this pc for a long time, what else can I do?

If the game still crashing in the nVidia driver, can you see in a new dxdiag.txt? Or something else now?

I don't know about that so I attached those files again so you can see them, I made a new DxDiag

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    118,2 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    319 bytes · Views: 0
We see no crashes in nVidia now so we have at least fixed one problem! However do see crashes in our launcher; are you seeing it actually crash now? Because that would be very unusual.

What happens if you exit the Steam app entirely then run stellaris.exe by itself? Do you see any Windows error then?

Somehow it worked, if I start the game from the launcher it won't start, but if I do it from the executable it works perfectly. I don't know why, but thank you, it's a little bit unconfortable but I can play now

I've seen that happen when the launcher does not have all rights to the file system. What antivirus app do you use?

You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

stellaris.exe and dowser.exe (in the Steam stellaris folder)

C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.5.2/paradox launcher.exe

C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe