• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Metsmorphisis

Recruit
8 Badges
May 10, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
Had the game and launcher installed on an old HDD but it stopped working and now that I have a new one and reinstalled the game I get this error there was a similar thread for EU4 but this person could still access the drive I can't do that at all nor can I uninstall it from apps and features I get the same "invalid D drive" error trying to do that. id like to play the game with mods and I'm kinda stuck.

Attachments

• launcher-dowser.log
    766 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    51,1 KB · Views: 0
  • invalid.png
    invalid.png
    48,3 KB · Views: 0
I did everything you said and I uninstalled paradox launcher v2 then ran both CCleaner and Revo uninstaller but still had the same error

then I followed the other forum posts suggestions
"
Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam"
this didn't work either so here are the logs after all that

perhaps I wasn't clear in the beginning the broken HDD isn't installed anymore and my os is on a SSD idk if this helps

Attachments

• launcher-dowser.log
    766 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    49,6 KB · Views: 0
The 1603/1605 errors we see there are typically a previous other installation stuck, or a problem in the Windows update/install processes.

If you see msiexec running in Task manager-processes, kill it and try this launcher install again please.

Otherwise run the Update app in Windows, does it load okay, find anything to apply - whether a patch, update, or whole new Windows 10 version? If so do that and reboot, then try this launcher install again please.