• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lazlo93

Private
4 Badges
Aug 27, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
I just purchase this game and when I try to play it, there is a red dot in the setting that said 'something went wrong when updating the launcher". I tried every solution from the Paradox forum but the problem still persists. Please help.

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    19,9 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    5 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    806 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    123,4 KB · Views: 0
At the end of that cpatch.log file we can see there's been some sort of permissions issue between your machine and our back-end server. Why I am not sure since if it was a server problem everyone would be getting it!

What launcher version shows for you? Current is 2021.6

At the end of that cpatch.log file we can see there's been some sort of permissions issue between your machine and our back-end server. Why I am not sure since if it was a server problem everyone would be getting it!

What launcher version shows for you? Current is 2021.6
in the launcher, it said it's version 2021.1

Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

Does that help at all?

Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

Does that help at all?
I already did all of the recommended suggestions before posting here, even reinstalling the game. I have no idea why it's still refusing to update.

Last edited:
Reinstalling the game will not fix whatever problem is preventing the launcher from correctly accessing our servers.

Do you have access to any other computer in that location to do a test install on? This is to determine if the problem is in this machine, or elsewhere.

sadly, I don't.
Then is it possible to move this computer to some other network and etst like that? Or even via tethering to a mobile phone link?

Do you have any workaround for this problem?
or i'm going to be just fine with the default version of the launcher?
It should be basically okay, but you will miss out on new features so we really should get this fixed for you.

Hmm, maybe a firewall in the way?

maybe. I didn't touch the firewall setting though, I just used tethering from my wife's phone and the launcher finally updated lol
what a relief it's finally resolved though.